Found 7 posts - Go to Last Post

So I was watching Adaptation not more than an hour ago, and one of the lines made me ask myself the question: What do you want in life? What are you passionate about?

As you might imagine, I don't mean material objects (unless you are in fact that simple), but is there some key element that is missing in your life? And it's like...if you only had it...you would be the best version of yourself.

I know I'm severely lacking something. I don't lack compassion or understanding. And it's not my lack of a significant other...because I have opportunities for that. It's not a feeling of failure, because I graduated well. And it's not a complete lack of life experiences either.

I'm puzzled, though...because I'm very angry all of the time. And it's because I don't feel like I have an understanding of myself. Things mask or keep the anger at bay, but it is always looming.

I have an idea of what it might be, but I'm not sure this is the place for confessions.
well you should hit me up some time if you want, i think i know what you mean.
i'd say i'm missing something, but perhaps in a different sense. i feel like i know myself extremely well, but beyond that, i'm not too sure. i'm always mulling over thoughts like this though.
it's been a couple of years since i last knew myself or knew exactly what i wanted

but ever since i went to college i've been really messed up and dont understand myself
what do i truly want

i'm surrounded by the most amazing people anyone could ever ask for
but i'm feel like i'm lost and i want them to know that but i dont know how

there is something missing in my life but what is it......i dont know Frown
How is it that we all go off to school to learn more and come out understanding less?!?!?!

OT: I'm definately going to hit you up soon for a chit chat. Unfortunately, I have to be up in less than 6 hours for work, so this would not be the ideal time. I'm happy I'm not the only one that feels this way.
I understand the feeling... We want to do "everything" and see it, all, but we have to limit ourselves for modern life. That's stupid. I really sometimes wonder if I should just become an academic, because then I can peruse life to it's max.

I just want simple things. Good Food and drink, a comfortable life. Not MEGA riches. Not a mansion, a helicopter or butlers and the like. Just a comfortable life. That's my passion. Living life for living. Some people live life working harder and harder for more and more money, and they do NOTHING else! Why? You only live once, so enjoy.
living life for living..................

hmm like the sound of that but it's kinda easier said than done Frown
IT is, but then, the things in life worth striving for have to be striven for.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account