A couple of badge problems

Issues & Bug Reports

I am still wondering why I don't have the glitched badge yet. I have also added Saints Row IV: Re-Elected (AU) which had every story mode achievement glitched, but is fixed now. I have played LEGO Harry Potter: Years 1-4 which had a documented glitch with a missing gold brick that I had to start a new game to get the related achievement.
Last edited 07-20-2016 at 12:38 PM by napoearth.
Are you sure? Those two games have every achievement unlocked by hundreds if not thousands of gamers therefore not glitched. A game is only glitched if no-one has an achievement because it cannot be attained.
Are you sure? Those two games have every achievement unlocked by hundreds if not thousands of gamers therefore not glitched. A game is only glitched if no-one has an achievement because it cannot be attained.
Originally Posted by dieselv2
I believe glitched badge is for permanently glitched games, you cannot unlock specific achievements no matter what, and there is a specific list of said games. Unfortunately, I don't know that list, as it is not published on the badge. Hopefully a staff member could look and tell you which games do and do not count for it.
I believe glitched badge is for permanently glitched games, you cannot unlock specific achievements no matter what, and there is a specific list of said games. Unfortunately, I don't know that list, as it is not published on the badge. Hopefully a staff member could look and tell you which games do and do not count for it.
Originally Posted by futiles
Then I refer you back to Six Guns (Window 8) and Little Mermaid. I only brought the others up because cases like that were mentioned in another older thread about the glitched badge. I have been trying to do research, since there is no list of games that qualify.

Also if those don't qualify, perhaps the badge should be named the unobtainable badge instead.
Last edited 07-20-2016 at 03:24 PM by napoearth.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...95&postcount=2

See if you have played any of those games...I don't know if they are all on the list like but it's a start!
Then I refer you back to Six Guns (Window 8) and Little Mermaid. I only brought the others up because cases like that were mentioned in another older thread about the glitched badge. I have been trying to do research, since there is no list of games that qualify.

Also if those don't qualify, perhaps the badge should be named the unobtainable badge instead.
Originally Posted by napoearth
I understand and don't disagree, however, the only person that can truly answer your question has not replied to this thread. And it could be as simple as games that SHOULD count just are not associated properly, or that the site considers something glitched differently than another site.

Again, a list of games that count for the glitched badge would be extremely helpful, and would direct us from an administrative issue to a logic issue.
http://www.xboxachievements.com/foru...95&postcount=2

See if you have played any of those games...I don't know if they are all on the list like but it's a start!
It's a good start, but it is not up to date and most of it is unobtainables due to server closure, not actually glitched achievements.
It's a good start, but it is not up to date and most of it is unobtainables due to server closure, not actually glitched achievements.
Originally Posted by napoearth
So then really, you're just arguing over semantics. A badge should be labeled as unobtainable, but instead is called glitched.
Not really as that would be unfair to play old games companies have closed server to.
Not really as that would be unfair to play old games companies have closed server to.
Well, the actual badge description is "play any game with a glitched or unobtainable achievement" - emphasis mine. So, I think he is right that some of the games he has played should count, but, it appears they are not.

Again, unlike any of the "series" game badges, which actually list which games are included, this one does not. And since each game has to be manually inserted into the table that this badge uses to unlock, the original poster could continually try games that just are not associated.

So, until Eric comes in, declares which games are included, and/or updates the list to include the games napoearth is trying, I think napoearth is going to end up more frustrated than anything.
I have unlocked this in 2014 when I joined so unless you wanna scan my profile so what I played before joining this site as I have no idea what the game was haha.
Probably Let's Golf 2 (WP), Hellboy (360), Arcania 4 (360), Alien Spidey (xbla), Putty Squad (xbla), Revolution (WP) and Da Vinci Pinball (WP) qualify too.

It was most likely one of these games that got me the badge. Hope it is of any help to anyone Smile

Cheers
If any of you know the names of specific achievements that are now unobtainable for these games, I can verify if they've been flagged or not. If not, they should award badges correctly after I flag them. Please be sure of the achievement before posting it.
Let's golf - secret code
Hellboy - taste the lobsters claw; pulp faction
Arcania 4 - geek
Revolution - empty fort Knox
Da Vinci pinball - sky conqueror
Putty squad - hero
Tiger woods (WP) - make it rain
Alien spidey - treasure hunter

That's the ones I'm sure of that are unobtainable. Hope it helps.
If any of you know the names of specific achievements that are now unobtainable for these games, I can verify if they've been flagged or not. If not, they should award badges correctly after I flag them. Please be sure of the achievement before posting it.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Test Drive Unlimited - Online Servers are now closed.
NBA LIVE 06 - Online Servers are closed, I believe this is the one that got me my badge.
I'm going to hold off on server closures for right now, as it's a bit of a grey area. We'll have to work something out.
I'm going to hold off on server closures for right now, as it's a bit of a grey area. We'll have to work something out.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
I would think that server closures would not count as unobtainable because someone else has been able to get it. Waiting until after the servers close to play the game is a choice whereas glutchex and unobtainable achievements are beyond our control.
Well, the actual badge description is "play any game with a glitched or unobtainable achievement" - emphasis mine. So, I think he is right that some of the games he has played should count, but, it appears they are not.

Again, unlike any of the "series" game badges, which actually list which games are included, this one does not. And since each game has to be manually inserted into the table that this badge uses to unlock, the original poster could continually try games that just are not associated.

So, until Eric comes in, declares which games are included, and/or updates the list to include the games napoearth is trying, I think napoearth is going to end up more frustrated than anything.
Originally Posted by futiles
I thought it was already established that unobtainable due to server closure does not count, it has to be never obtainable. If that is the case, then Little Mermaid and Six Guns (Windows 8) both apply yet I still don't have the badge. I'm not so much frustrated about not getting this badge, just curious why it is such a mystery what games qualify, and why the two that I mention don't qualify.
I'm guessing because a cheater has the achievements the system thinks they are no longer unobtainable
I'm guessing because a cheater has the achievements the system thinks they are no longer unobtainable
I thought that guy got removed. The last time I checked out Six Guns (Windows 8), the 100% Completion achievement hasn't been won by anyone and has the "glitched" tag right underneath it. Little mermaid also still has 17 achievements that haven't been won by anyone.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account