Achievement Fest 2014

General Chat

3/4ths of Lost in Translation will be there... Anybody seen Natsukashi?
Great idea, i'll take a look at the seating chart in the Red Room on the website, thanks!
Who's ready???

I'm ready to go now...
Originally Posted by futiles
Creating a playlist for the drive at this very moment. I CAN'T WAIT!!!!
who's idea was it to move it to a week later? Now we just got to wait a week longer...
Isn't it actually on par with when 2012 was held?
nope, the first two were both the weekend after the 4th
nope, the first two were both the weekend after the 4th
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Not really. This is actually more in line with year one.

AF2012 was July 12-14. July 4, 2012 was on a Wednesday. In a traditional rolling schedule, we were in the 3rd weekend of the month. AF2013 was July 11-13, with July 1 on a Monday, and July 4 on a Thursday, we actually "moved up" the event to the second weekend. (This is because we went by dates and not calendar layout, which is a better way to do event planning)

So, AF2014 has returned to its original home of "Third Weekend in July" that it had in year one. (Unfortunately, another convention I wanted to go to this year - www.kantcon.com - also had to make a similar change, and now I have to miss it, again.)

Hope that helps.
Can we start using roman numerals starting next year? Achievement Fest IV?

Apparently they decided Superbowl L isn't very appealing...
It does help, but only for defending my stance that this is the same as AF2012 being the "third" weekend.

Granted, the 3rd weekend works better for me than the 2nd.....
Not really. This is actually more in line with year one.

AF2012 was July 12-14. July 4, 2012 was on a Wednesday. In a traditional rolling schedule, we were in the 3rd weekend of the month. AF2013 was July 11-13,
Yes, the first was 8 days after the 4th, the second was 7 days. This year's is 13 days, that's why I said an extra week.
I will not be attending as #1 no passport, #2 no money, #3 only joined site and read about it a couple days ago, BUT I would be interested in watching it on Twitch. I haven't actually looked, but is there an "official" channel or stream or anything for the event, or will any individual players be streaming?

If so, I will follow them on Twitch. I have yet to broadcast anything myself.
I will not be attending as #1 no passport, #2 no money, #3 only joined site and read about it a couple days ago, BUT I would be interested in watching it on Twitch. I haven't actually looked, but is there an "official" channel or stream or anything for the event, or will any individual players be streaming?

If so, I will follow them on Twitch. I have yet to broadcast anything myself.
Originally Posted by Canadian8tor
If nothing else, I will be doing some of the streaming as futiles.

Our plan is to live stream the Group World Record Attempt on one channel and the Individual World Record Attempt on another. We don't have the names for those channels, yet, but will let you know soon.

I will also make sure it is on www.achievementfest.com when we have that all squared away.
If nothing else, I will be doing some of the streaming as futiles.

Our plan is to live stream the Group World Record Attempt on one channel and the Individual World Record Attempt on another. We don't have the names for those channels, yet, but will let you know soon.

I will also make sure it is on www.achievementfest.com when we have that all squared away.
Alrighty then, I am following your twitch now.
Guinness has responded to me, Achievement Fest 2014 has officially been approved to attempt to topple Achievement Fest 2013's records. Both the group and individual records are approved to be attempted.
Patty reserved our room yesterday and there were still several available at the group rate. I waited to reserve mine because things were to volatile with Dad's health but he's doing fairly well right now, so it looks like I'll be able to make it. Not as long as I'd like though...probably just Friday and Saturday, then leave early Sunday.

One of you guys need to remind me to log into GTN at around 3am. Achievement Fest is the one time per year that my old ass is up late enough to earn that badge
Patty reserved our room yesterday and there were still several available at the group rate. I waited to reserve mine because things were to volatile with Dad's health but he's doing fairly well right now, so it looks like I'll be able to make it. Not as long as I'd like though...probably just Friday and Saturday, then leave early Sunday.

One of you guys need to remind me to log into GTN at around 3am. Achievement Fest is the one time per year that my old ass is up late enough to earn that badge
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Remind me of your schedule when you get there, please. I will make sure you are in the group attempt early.

Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Ha, I thought you always got up that early.
Ha, I thought you always got up that early.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I get up around 4/430 most days. Except Sundays. I take advantage of the day-off and sleep in until around 8, sometimes later if my rear end is really dragging.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account