GTN Fitness Gamer Group (Cycle 2)

General Chat

I got 2 achievements for 75 gs yesterday. 1 point for me. Ill post a picture today as well. I don't really have a goal I'm aiming for I'm just doing this for fun. I hit the gym 4 times a week with high volume lifting and I do my cardio after my workout.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Yeah bro, you're fit already. Nice job getting some points. only 25 more and you're gold for the week! So get them bonuses done!
I popped 2 today for 70 GS, Yay points! My goal will be to lose 20 lb. There will be no photo of my fatness.
Got 3 for 40GS today, will get more tomorrow.

That was one heck of a workout.
I'm officially on the board. Just taking a. Quick break to post.. Well back to it!
Hey guys, I am back from a helluva horrible weekend. Happy Memorial Day guys - one more day to get week one goals finished!

I think I still have only 10gs, so tomorrow might be my catch-up day. Good news is I am down t0 175 lbs for the last 2 days. Bad news is why I got there. (More on that later.)

Keep up the good work guys!

Chris? You scary man, with that Miley Cyrus tongue thing? Scary man, scary...
Hey guys, I am back from a helluva horrible weekend. Happy Memorial Day guys
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I'd like to wish everyone a happy Labor Day, since that is today (1st Monday in September, unofficial end of summer). Truly a day to slack off here in America. I know it's confusing with Memorial day months ago because so people bother to actually thank a Vet, but their day is the last Monday in May.
I'd like to wish everyone a happy Labor Day, since that is today (1st Monday in September, unofficial end of summer). Truly a day to slack off here in America. I know it's confusing with Memorial day months ago because so people bother to actually thank a Vet, but their day is the last Monday in May.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Memorial Day is not about the vets - that's Veteran's Day in November. Memorial Day is about those lives lost in conflicts current and past. Many folks mistake Memorial Day is for the vets, but it really isn't. (Not to diminish your comment Kaens at all, just informing whoever cares of the difference Smile )

As a vet, I see these holidays maybe a bit different than others, and as a student of the world, I add that although they are American holidays, I believe that we can remember all global lives lost in conflict on Memorial Day and all veterans of any army on Veteran's Day (to some extent - I'm not going to celebrate the bad guys!)

Anyways, Happy Labor Day to all of the hard workers out there and their contibutions to society.
Memorial Day is not about the vets - that's Veteran's Day in November. Memorial Day is about those lives lost in conflicts current and past. Many folks mistake Memorial Day is for the vets, but it really isn't. (Not to diminish your comment Kaens at all, just informing whoever cares of the difference Smile )

As a vet, I see these holidays maybe a bit different than others, and as a student of the world, I add that although they are American holidays, I believe that we can remember all global lives lost in conflict on Memorial Day and all veterans of any army on Veteran's Day (to some extent - I'm not going to celebrate the bad guys!)

Anyways, Happy Labor Day to all of the hard workers out there and their contibutions to society.
Memorial Day is 100% for Veterans...

"Memorial Day is observed on the last Monday of May. It was formerly known as Decoration Day and commemorates all men and women, who have died in military service for the United States."

I'm perfectly aware of the difference between Veteran's Day (I'll say thanks to you) and Memorial Day (I'll visit my grandfather's grave). You can't die in military service without being a veteran. Just yesterday my wife was complaining about the people posting on Facebook thanking the fallen for the day off. Without having any facts other than my anecdotal evidence, I'm going to say most Americans have no idea why they get a long weekend at the beginning & end of summer, they just know to thank Vets whenever. Thus I was making a comparison between the summer bookend holidays.

In light of the holidays and your service to my country I am going to withhold my remarks about your student of the world paragraph. Happy Labor Day! :cheers:
I was able to add another 50 GS to my total today, which brings me over 100!
Alright, week one is officially done! I will post up official scores later today. We had a good start it appears, so lets keep that momentum going to week two! Here's the goals:

Week Two: September 8th to 14th
Participation goal: 5 Kinect-related achievements earned minimum 1 point
Bonus goal: Complete any Kinect Gems title 1 point Has to be a new one! (If you've done them all, then any new arcade worth 50 or more)
Leader goal: Earn more achievements than anyone this week 1 point
No Participation Penalty: -1 point.
Bonus goal: Complete any Kinect Gems title 1 point Has to be a new one! (If you've done them all, then any new arcade worth 50 or more)
what if I started it last week but finish it this week? does that count?
what if I started it last week but finish it this week? does that count?
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Sorry, but NOPE!
Sorry, but NOPE!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I initially support this. But it does raise a question about how specific I should be. Technically Chris can finish it this week, since it is a new game started this cycle, but my implication was for a new game this week. Hmm. Let me sleep on it.
Sorry, but NOPE!
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I initially support this. But it does raise a question about how specific I should be. Technically Chris can finish it this week, since it is a new game started this cycle, but my implication was for a new game this week. Hmm. Let me sleep on it.
lol its fine, no worries guys. ill just start 3 point contest and try to finish it.
Well, there's that too. We'll see at the end of week 2.

I am on limited ability lately, so I a apologize for the delay in posting the scores. I will attempt to this evening. There is a LOT on my plate right now (will discuss later) and need to really prioritize time.

Keep up the good work, guys!!
Here ya go guys - nice job, Chris!

Scoreboard:
Marvzmitts------ 3 (All Awarded!)
Preludecris----- 2 (Bonus/Part)
B8TINGU--------- 1 (Bonus Only)
BigNev44-------- 1 (Bonus Only)
Marvzmitts------ 1 (Bonus Only)
Kaens----------- 1 (Bonus Only)
porschephiliac-- 1 (Bonus Only)
fshguy---------- -1 (no participation)

Leaderboard:
Marvzmitts------ 13
Preludecris----- 12
B8TINGU--------- 11
BigNev---------- 11
Kaens----------- 11
porschephiliac-- 11
fshguy---------- 9

Gamerscore board:
Marvzmitts------ 350
Preludecris----- 325
B8TINGU--------- 50
BigNev44-------- 40
porschephiliac-- 10
Kaens----------- 5
fshguy---------- 0

Achievement board:
Marvzmitts------- 37
Preludecris------ 12
B8TINGU---------- 7
BigNev44--------- 3
porschephiliac--- 2
Kaens------------ 1
fshguy----------- 0

Bye-week points:
Preludecris------ 1
Last edited 09-12-2015 at 03:40 PM by porschephiliac.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account