Why is the Flash Mob II tread locked

General Chat

Found 36 posts - Go to Last Post

Exactly. I don't care that they got the badge. Let them keep it, whatever. Someone posted a question about why can't we just ask those people to help us get the badge. I just laughed to myself. I mean, wasn't that what we were doing by trying to organize the Flash Mob II group in diesel's thread? Hell, I know for a fact that at least one of them was aware of this because he posted in that thread and even made references to AchievementFest in it.
This group of people, who are actually probably laughing more now because of how much chatter their "shenanigans" have gotten, chose not to help and instead take something designed to bring the community together and use it in a way that seems to have driven a wedge in it. And this was simply because not everyone can make it to a convention that was apparently started as part of a different website.
Meh, let's just stop giving them a win and simply let this discussion end.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Exactly. It's time to move on now. Everyone has vented their anger. Case closed!
I honestly don't care that they got it...in the end it's only a badge and there are far more important things in life. I kinda had a feeling it was going to happen one of the first evenings of Achievement Fest because I really didn't see them all stopping what they were going to be doing over the weekend to join the rest of us.

For what it's worth, I think the whole idea of Achievement Fest is cool and I'm glad that a bunch of people are able to come together for an event.

I think the only real issue I have with any of it was that a poll was put up with a choice that bothered people when it was chosen. Honestly, if you're going to be hurt over the selection, don't offer it as a choice. I see this in the photography world all the time...someone asks for critique and when they don't like what they hear, they get all butt hurt over it. I'm sure I was likely one of the people that voted "never going to go" or whatever the choice was....several reasons: health issues, it's not easy for me to travel and ultimately I don't really like to be around a lot of people....while I think the idea is great, it just doesn't fit my personality. I think too much was read into "never going to go" and taken as a slight when the reasons for the choice could have all been very reasonable.

Just my opinion on it...hopefully people will let it go and move on.
Sooner this is locked sooner we can move forward
I honestly don't care that they got it...in the end it's only a badge and there are far more important things in life.

Just my opinion on it...hopefully people will let it go and move on.
Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
^^^ this 100%.
It's not the badge that's the issue people have. It was the intent of people in the community towards others. Close the thread or not, that attitude and the feelings it stirred up will not just go away for some people.
It's not the badge that's the issue people have. It was the intent of people in the community towards others. Close the thread or not, that attitude and the feelings it stirred up will not just go away for some people.
No, it is the badge. Long before I posted anything, we got F you posts. And people are focusing on only one portion of my post. Nevermind the fact that we were offended. Nevermind the fact that we were frustrated. If just once someone had taken the time to message one of us, we would have said, no, Saturday is a bad day for us. Don't plan on us being there. We also would have said that we had actually prepped for the 250 badge, before it got reduced, so, we had this planned before anyone else, even before the last few failed attempts. But, the reason we didn't just do it months ago was because it was an in-person event. If that is elitist to you, then we have a different definition of elitist. I don't expect events and conventions that I cannot attend to account for me in their plans, no matter the event, and no, I never considered anyone that wasn't attending. I spend months planning, and I plan for that specific year's attendance. If anyone that is currently mad decides to attend in the future, I will do everything I can to ensure your enjoyment. But, if not, I won't. I won't be mad that you don't attend. I won't be offended that you think the event is dumb. I won't begrudge you for selecting another way to spend your time and money. But, I also won't plan for you.

My comments inflamed people, and those people are perfectly fine to feel whatever they are feeling. But, we were inflamed previously. And again, if anyone had reached out to one of us to even consider our plans, we would have acted differently, but, we were offended, and we did it the way we did it because we wanted to.

Even now, no one has even asked for help, the implication is that we should have just been there for the community, no matter what our plans. If someone had just asked, this would have not been an issue. It is perfectly duplicable, at least, it is until Eric decides if he wants to change the criteria. This will be at least the third badge on the site that has been gamed (and I do agree with suggestions made about changing it, we did absolutely game this badge), and Eric has addressed those badges by tweaking the requirements, but, on neither previous occasion did Eric removed the awarded badges.

Yes, the poll was part of our motivation, but not entirely. And it was stated that way originally. That's it. I have not said anything since Saturday, trying to let it go away. And I will not say anything else, unless someone DMs with a specific request.

Good night.
No, it is the badge. Long before I posted anything, we got F you posts. And people are focusing on only one portion of my post. Nevermind the fact that we were offended. Nevermind the fact that we were frustrated. If just once someone had taken the time to message one of us, we would have said, no, Saturday is a bad day for us. Don't plan on us being there. We also would have said that we had actually prepped for the 250 badge, before it got reduced, so, we had this planned before anyone else, even before the last few failed attempts. But, the reason we didn't just do it months ago was because it was an in-person event. If that is elitist to you, then we have a different definition of elitist. I don't expect events and conventions that I cannot attend to account for me in their plans, no matter the event, and no, I never considered anyone that wasn't attending. I spend months planning, and I plan for that specific year's attendance. If anyone that is currently mad decides to attend in the future, I will do everything I can to ensure your enjoyment. But, if not, I won't. I won't be mad that you don't attend. I won't be offended that you think the event is dumb. I won't begrudge you for selecting another way to spend your time and money. But, I also won't plan for you.

My comments inflamed people, and those people are perfectly fine to feel whatever they are feeling. But, we were inflamed previously. And again, if anyone had reached out to one of us to even consider our plans, we would have acted differently, but, we were offended, and we did it the way we did it because we wanted to.

Even now, no one has even asked for help, the implication is that we should have just been there for the community, no matter what our plans. If someone had just asked, this would have not been an issue. It is perfectly duplicable, at least, it is until Eric decides if he wants to change the criteria. This will be at least the third badge on the site that has been gamed (and I do agree with suggestions made about changing it, we did absolutely game this badge), and Eric has addressed those badges by tweaking the requirements, but, on neither previous occasion did Eric removed the awarded badges.

Yes, the poll was part of our motivation, but not entirely. And it was stated that way originally. That's it. I have not said anything since Saturday, trying to let it go away. And I will not say anything else, unless someone DMs with a specific request.

Good night.
Originally Posted by futiles
So, what I get out of this is that if someone had PMed you about plans we didn't know you were making in order to ask specifically for you to help with the plans being arranged in the forums, a thread which you had actually commented in during the planning stage, you would have helped. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
So, what I get out of this is that if someone had PMed you about plans we didn't know you were making in order to ask specifically for you to help with the plans being arranged in the forums, a thread which you had actually commented in during the planning stage, you would have helped. Roll Eyes (Sarcastic)
Would you care to tell me when I commented in the thread for this particular Saturday during the planning stage?
If just once someone had taken the time to message one of us, we would have said, no, Saturday is a bad day for us. Don't plan on us being there.
For what's worth, some of us would have been happy to have worked together...

Would you care to tell me when I commented in the thread for this particular Saturday during the planning stage?
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...html#post44138
For what's worth, some of us would have been happy to have worked together...

Originally Posted by DomeJohnny
And yet, no one did.

And no, at no point does that post say AF is involved. But, it does say shenanigans. And that also is not in the thread about the attempt in question.
Actually, it was the thread about the attempt. A few posts down from yours is when the date was suggested. AchievementFest was brought up by someone and I actually quoted them and asked about it, yet received no reply. But, I've realized that you're basically just a troll. You made sure to do something in a manner that would bother people, you then posted a reason why so that you did continue to stir up trouble. I'm not discussing this any longer nor will I be replying to your posts for the foreseeable future. I will no longer feed the troll.
Honestly, some people are taking this waaay too personal, especially for something as frivolous as some image on your computer.

Yes, a few people at AchievementFest set it up and decided to do it at AF, but could have been done anywhere at any time. Yes, I signed in at the time, and had a hearty chuckle. Yes, I figured it might annoy some people, but not to the extent of the name calling and mud flinging towards everyone at the event. No, it did not directly impede or screw over anyone's attempt on Saturday. I never committed to it because I knew I might be busy doing other stuff at AF. If another attempt is tried I will gladly help if it fits into my schedule.

A few may have had more slightly deviant intentions, but a majority of the people at AF hardly knew or cared what was going on because they were too engrossed in their visual novels, much less trying to retaliate for something or be elitist to get a stupid badge. Everyone at AF is very nice for the most part, even the asshats, or I would not have gone back for 5 years.

I am not trying to stir the pot anymore, just want to give a perspective from someone else at the event. Chalk it up to some simple tomfoolery and get over it.

For some comedic relief to all this drama, Bozack (who graciously hosts us each year at his store) took me out to the local mountain bike park and introduced me to a floating bridge to try to bike over. Here is the result:

Like any difficult achievement, I did try again and was successful!
Even now, no one has even asked for help, the implication is that we should have just been there for the community, no matter what our plans. If someone had just asked, this would have not been an issue.
You never bothered to post in http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...-2300-cet.html either to say that the time would not suit you guys. The topic was made in time, so we could have easily shifted the agreed date and time.

This makes me conclude it was done intentionally and that makes you destroyers of a community rather than builders (which is in my perspective the same definition of assholes).
For some comedic relief to all this drama, Bozack (who graciously hosts us each year at his store) took me out to the local mountain bike park and introduced me to a floating bridge to try to bike over. Here is the result:

Like any difficult achievement, I did try again and was successful!
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
LMAO!!!!!

Video or it did not happen Elem3ntal!

Cause Lord knows, when i tried a few years ago, 3 dunks was enough.
Locking this thread now too. This is a friendly warning: Do not open any more threads about this issue. If you feel the need to discuss this anymore any of the staff are available, but for now consider this subject closed. GTN has blocking features, I suggest some of you use them. I will not let this thread degrade anymore and have any one post something that they will regret.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account