ITCHING FOR AN XBOX ONE

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 26 posts - Go to Last Post

Which Xbox One Should I Buy?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 3 (7.50%) Xbox One 500GB Console Kinect Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle - $499 USD

× 3 (7.50%) Xbox One Console 500GB with Kinect (No Games) - $499 USD

× 12 (30.00%) Microsoft - Xbox One 1TB Halo: The Master Chief Collection Bundle (Black) - $399 USD

× 11 (27.50%) Xbox One 1TB Limited Edition Forza Motorsport 6 Bundle (Blue) - $399 USD

× 0 (0%) Xbox One Console Assassin's Creed: Unity Bundle - $349 USD

× 8 (20.00%) Hold out for a Star Wars Battlefront Console

× 3 (7.50%) Buy a PS4 Instead

• Added 07-12-2015 06:08 PM
  • 40 votes
I actually went to the store yesterday and the stand alone Kinect also comes with a game (Dance something). No matter how you slice it if you want a Kinect, you are still paying $500. In which case if you go back to the 500 GB with the Kinect, then you need to spend $100 on an External HD on top of that.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
You ARE going to buy an external drive. 1TB may delay it longer than 500GB, but probably not by much. Like hotdog, I looked last night, with just apps on my 500GB, I have about 327GB left.
You ARE going to buy an external drive. 1TB may delay it longer than 500GB, but probably not by much. Like hotdog, I looked last night, with just apps on my 500GB, I have about 327GB left.
Originally Posted by futiles
Do you play your games from the USB drive then or the internal drive?
Do you play your games from the USB drive then or the internal drive?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
As I said, games are only on the External Drive. That way, I can unplug it from one console, take it with me, and connect it to any other console. And when "futiles" logs into Live, all of my purchases are available for everyone to use.

Each console, though, maintains apps directly on the internal. This way, when I go to AF2015, and LibrarianBeth stays home (too much with the move this year for us both to go.), the console has Netflix, YouTube, HBOGo, etc, sitting there, ready to use.
Halo MCC is the best game package ever. And this is from a guy that started to write a anti-Bungie email in another thread. There is sooo much game there it's insane. 1 unachieveable out of 600 achievements? And you know they are going to fix it, that's a non issue.

Futiles "conservative" estimate if 25GB is WAY off, there's no way it's anywhere near that. I have 109 games installed on my 4TB drive and it's only at 30% used. I would be you that the majority (more than half) would still fit on a single DVD disk. futiles is usually very meticulous so I presume he's ignoring ID@Xbox games.

See - The Destructoid Xbox One Game File Size Guide
Originally Posted by Kaens
Wow, I am so unprepared to be a One owner.
As I said, games are only on the External Drive. That way, I can unplug it from one console, take it with me, and connect it to any other console. And when "futiles" logs into Live, all of my purchases are available for everyone to use.

Each console, though, maintains apps directly on the internal. This way, when I go to AF2015, and LibrarianBeth stays home (too much with the move this year for us both to go.), the console has Netflix, YouTube, HBOGo, etc, sitting there, ready to use.
Originally Posted by futiles
This is exactly how I do it as well. Only no librarians in my home.
This is exactly how I do it as well. Only no librarians in my home.
Originally Posted by Kaens
You should get one, they are quite fun...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account