Quick look of the new Xbox one UI

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

I've had the update for a while on the upstairs X1, but had not really messed with it. Looks like the main machine is getting right now. So, I guess I will become full acquainted with it, soon.
I've had the update for a while on the upstairs X1, but had not really messed with it. Looks like the main machine is getting right now. So, I guess I will become full acquainted with it, soon.
Originally Posted by futiles
Read the very lengthy "known issues". I think they mention about 6-8 things that worried me.
Read the very lengthy "known issues". I think they mention about 6-8 things that worried me.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Well, Rock Band 4 Wireless Guitar does not work in the NXOE. So, as we were playing Rock Band 4, we got booted to the dash to update. After update, we cannot play Rock Band 4. Wife is pissed.

Thankfully, I have an X1 NOT in the NXOE update, and I will be moving some consoles around tomorrow, it sounds like.

So frustrating.
Well, and after some use last night, I have posted a few bug reports in the forums this morning. Two should be considered major bugs, but, one should be considered critical.
Something about Kaens and Futiles being Guinea Pigs for Microsoft made me think of this... Honestly, I play on consoles so I get a usually pain free integration experience. I've been using steam for a couple things lately and although improved, it still has issues that the console platforms go away. So all kidding aside, thanks for testing things out for the rest of us...

Something about Kaens and Futiles being Guinea Pigs for Microsoft made me think of this... Honestly, I play on consoles so I get a usually pain free integration experience. I've been using steam for a couple things lately and although improved, it still has issues that the console platforms go away. So all kidding aside, thanks for testing things out for the rest of us...

Originally Posted by Fshguy
No problem. Usually the previews are like 99% clean and done. But, yeah, I intentionally did not include all my consoles when they sent out a letter basically saying, "Shit will be broke, it's basically a clusterf*ck, but, we need your help to tighten it up."
No problem. Usually the previews are like 99% clean and done. But, yeah, I intentionally did not include all my consoles when they sent out a letter basically saying, "Shit will be broke, it's basically a clusterf*ck, but, we need your help to tighten it up."
I didn't know it was an option to only do it to one machine... I might have considered it. But, really, this is the first time with Backwards Compatibility where the feature was in the preview and not for everybody a few weeks later.

Looks like there will be a small gap between a stable NXOE and when everybody else gets it in any case.
Yeah most of the time you basically have early access and everything is smooth. This is a hot mess, I've had to hard power cycle my box because I keep getting errors I've never even seen before. Last night I could even go to the dashboard and I could pull up achievements (screen would flicker and if I was able to pull up the quick guide to the left achievement tracker wasn't even on the list.

Point is, when it is broke as hell, I don't get mad, I signed up for it and submit feedback.
Yeah most of the time you basically have early access and everything is smooth. This is a hot mess, I've had to hard power cycle my box because I keep getting errors I've never even seen before. Last night I could even go to the dashboard and I could pull up achievements (screen would flicker and if I was able to pull up the quick guide to the left achievement tracker wasn't even on the list.

Point is, when it is broke as hell, I don't get mad, I signed up for it and submit feedback.
Yes, I am not mad, at least not at Microsoft. More at myself for confusing which console I signed up for what.

I just submitted bug #4 for today. Probably could consider this minor or major, depending on what is important to you. After a while, the audio passthrough of Dolby Digital starts to sound robotic/metallic. Not too bad, but annoying. Again, hard restart fixes it.
As of last night, I currently have nothing NOT WORKING on any of my X1s.

The two that have been on the NXOE got an update, and the 3rd got the NXOE, and everything currently works.

I have not been kicked to dashboard in forever.
My Guide button always activates the dashboard.
Rock Band 4 instruments are recognized, and can control the dashboard environment.
NBC App streams selected content.
Backwards Compatible games work.
All three consoles stream to Windows 10 devices.

The only glitch remaining is that Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved does not like to stream to my Surface or Laptop.
Did they do anything to make the games easier to group/sort/find? I really am not a big fan of the huge tile movement. I guess people can't be expected to read anymore...
Did they do anything to make the games easier to group/sort/find? I really am not a big fan of the huge tile movement. I guess people can't be expected to read anymore...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
No, which I agree was what needed the biggest improvement and has so far received none.

I never go right on the dash board. On the original dashboard, it was the store, and the store is easier to use on xbox.com, or to go to the game already in you library, and access it's store page from it. After the first redesign, they added the friend and activity hub, and I never went right again. With the Win10 redesign, it is even more shit I don't need, so, I never expect to go to the right again. For me, the dashboard is simply the main load screen, RT to my Games/Apps tile, or left tap for settings. It's simple, with some bloat that I wish I could turn off.
They put all of these graphics on these pages and bog it down with lots of other junk, and it make it come up fast enough, they then limit to like 4 items on a page... Oh well, I try to make do. My 360 games page barely loads anymore.
Anyone know how to get rid of the betas that I have previously downloaded from the the ready to install section of my games app? In the old UI it was just press the menu button and selecting do not show.
Anyone know how to get rid of the betas that I have previously downloaded from the the ready to install section of my games app? In the old UI it was just press the menu button and selecting do not show.
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
There is no way. It has been registered as a "bug" in the preview forums, though.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account