Spamming the Threads

Issues & Bug Reports

Resolved

Seriously QZ?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 32 (84.21%) Enough Spam Already!!

× 6 (15.79%) Nah, keep doing it - it's cool.

• Added 10-31-2015 08:04 PM
  • 38 votes
This is the complaint that never ends. It just goes on and on my friend. Someone started spamming a few sites ago. A new site popped up and well, what do you know?!

Second verse, same as the first. A little bit more frequent, a little bit worse.

Also, PLEASE stop crying "understaffed". You have nobody to blame but yourself. You don't want help. You don't support help. You don't get help. You can't hide behind that cop-out of not having the staff.
Just to be clear, our guidelines outline what is considered spam here. Double posts and duplicates as well as mass-PM or e-mails are actual spam, but frequent posting isn't. You don't have to like every post or even the person posting, but it doesn't mean it's breaking any rules. If you think there should be other restrictions on posting aside from minimum character limits and the like, please suggest them and there can be a discussion about it.

As for threads with news stories, QN is not the only member to post them; as long as there is a source, it's a perfectly valid way of starting a discussion if there isn't one already.

Regarding comments about "clicks", there is no real benefit derived from singular threads or posts, and stats like visitors and page views don't fluctuate in any meaningful way based on isolated posting habits. I could discuss some Analytics data in more detail if there's an interest, but that doesn't seem necessary.

As always, contact me on Live if you have a genuine concern that warrants real conversation. We much prefer that to mock posts and attacks.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Well, since he isn't linking to a source, and that is the driving factor for this current version of the complaint, you kind of look foolish.

And "clicks" don't matter is exactly the opposite of staffs' previous statement of all traffic is good.

And he was already banned once for the exact same actions, declared as spam by the staff and creator.

And for your guidelines, 5, 7, and 8 could all apply to his posts, if you did not want to consider them spam.

So, thanks for sharing.
I disagree that more staff is needed. The staff to active member ratio here is insane.
I disagree that more staff is needed. The staff to active member ratio here is insane.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I agree, out of the 37 people who voted on this thread only a handful of them post regularly. It might even be a 2 to 1 ratio for user/staff. We don't need more staff.
I think there needs to be a 'staff approval' for posts that are news worthy just like posting a video. If you want to submit news about anything it needs to be submitted to the staff for approval. Maybe a 'news team' is in order or person that posts news on the homepage and keep it out of the main forums. That way if you don't want to read the news you can skip on by it, or you can skim through and read what you actually care about. I think this is a solid idea either way so we don't get random members posting nonsense without a source or just putting the news on a separate forum so it is not cluttering the general discussion threads. Just an idea...
Last edited 11-03-2015 at 04:04 PM by Preludecris.
Man, it's like 360v just closed yesterday. All of these suggestions and complaints. My how the time has STOOD FUCKING STILL.
Well, since he isn't linking to a source, and that is the driving factor for this current version of the complaint, you kind of look foolish.

And "clicks" don't matter is exactly the opposite of staffs' previous statement of all traffic is good.

And he was already banned once for the exact same actions, declared as spam by the staff and creator.

And for your guidelines, 5, 7, and 8 could all apply to his posts, if you did not want to consider them spam.

So, thanks for sharing.
Originally Posted by futiles
If he missed a link, report it or politely mention it to him. The threads I've pulled up appeared fine, but it's entirely possible we can miss something.

Guideline 5 is much more likely to apply to threads such as this one and others like it than anything QN has posted. 7 and 8 speak to making consecutive posts in threads with few or no replies that, while different from each other, don't actually reply to anyone directly. It should be obvious that you can post in your own thread multiple times in a 24 hour period if there is a discussion going on; you just can't if the thread is empty and you're trying to gain attention.

Good traffic is irrelevant, as no discernible difference in traffic comes from one member's posts. To imply that any perceived lack of moderation is for the sake of traffic is objectively wrong.

Again, you're welcome to make constructive suggestions until we decide on a course of action.

I think there needs to be a 'staff approval' for posts that are news worthy just like posting a video. If you want to submit news about anything it needs to be submitted to the staff for approval. Maybe a 'news team' is in order or person that posts news on the homepage and keep it out of the main forums. That way if you don't want to read the news you can skip on by it, or you can skim through and read what you actually care about. I think this is a solid idea either way so we don't get random members posting nonsense without a source or just putting the news on a separate forum so it is not cluttering the general discussion threads. Just an idea...
Originally Posted by Preludecris
This is a topic we've been kicking around in different forms since before QN brought the issue to the forefront again. In its earliest form, news was something we wanted to allow members to get from the source of their choice by connecting a feed to their homepage. It was a great way to personalize, but now that there are so many potential sources of info out there (much of which isn't covered by large outlets), it's worth looking at how it can be shared on our site.
Thanks for the idea, this is very likely to be a direction we're heading.
If he missed a link, report it or politely mention it to him. The threads I've pulled up appeared fine, but it's entirely possible we can miss something.

Again, you're welcome to make constructive suggestions until we decide on a course of action.
I think the fact that people have made constructive suggestions that were at best ignored, and at worst denied, is the reason for a thread like this.

As for his posts, maybe you just aren't looking:

http://www.gamertagnation.com/fallou...ievements.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/fallou...ext-month.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/gaming...-xbox-one.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/xbox-o...mber-12-a.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/xbox-o...-now-live.html

Those links at the bottom that "appear" to be sources are to his own TA blog.
He's been contacted about it now. In the future, a simple PM would be welcome.
I think the fact that people have made constructive suggestions that were at best ignored, and at worst denied, is the reason for a thread like this.

As for his posts, maybe you just aren't looking:

http://www.gamertagnation.com/fallou...ievements.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/fallou...ext-month.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/gaming...-xbox-one.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/xbox-o...mber-12-a.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/xbox-o...-now-live.html

Those links at the bottom that "appear" to be sources are to his own TA blog.
Originally Posted by futiles
and 3 of those threads no one responded to. I'm not saying that everyone needs to reply to a thread but it seems like no one cared about what he posted hence my point of making news approved by the staff first or implementing it on another page so it doesn't cause clutter...
Why does there have to be a "in the future"? This was a problem on a few other sites, was a problem on this site, and is now a problem on this site again. Can the future be now?

Why does nobody have any fucking balls to just tell someone to take their bullshit elsewhere?

Such a bunch of fucking pussies. Everyone. Enjoy your participation trophies.
Since I'm not the one that started this thread, nor was I one of the initial posters, and I don't ever see his posts, I just see an influx of garbage to click "mark as read" - there was nothing for me to PM. But, in 20 seconds, I was able to give you 5 examples of what people are complaining about after you said you saw no issue.

That is the problem. It isn't even that he is a complete ass wasting everyone's time and energy, it is that staff doesn't see it. But, I'm done. There is nothing you will ever do to correct an issue, so, there is no reason to spend any more energy.
I would consider official Twitter posts to be worthwhile sources, as it's a common way for companies to release new info now. The links to TA are actually fine at face value, because for all we know, that was the original post. I don't have any way to verify that, especially since I don't frequent that website, but I'll assume it isn't the original.
If you don't want to see the other side, that's fine, but there's no need to speak for us.
I'll accept that is directed towards me. Sorry.
I would consider official Twitter posts to be worthwhile sources, as it's a common way for companies to release new info now. The links to TA are actually fine at face value, because for all we know, that was the original post. I don't have any way to verify that, especially since I don't frequent that website, but I'll assume it isn't the original.
If you don't want to see the other side, that's fine, but there's no need to speak for us.
It's not a link to a news story on TA, it's a link to his TA page. It would be no different than if I posted a "news story" and linked the source as myself. For example: http://www.gamertagnation.com/members/hotdogmcgee/
It's not a link to a news story on TA, it's a link to his TA page. It would be no different than if I posted a "news story" and linked the source as myself. For example: http://www.gamertagnation.com/members/hotdogmcgee/
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Since when is he writing a college dissertation? No one has to source anything around here. I can make a post right now as long it's 10+ characters.
I'll accept that is directed towards me. Sorry.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Not directly you, but it does apply to anyone, really. A PM or direct contact is an easy way to voice a concern.

Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Having not used the site myself, I wouldn't have immediately noticed that page wasn't the standard method for posting stories there. Either way, it would technically be valid if he wrote it himself, but there's no way to verify it, and linking your own content would be frowned upon anyway. That's why it won't continue.
That's why it won't continue.
Most of us will believe it when we see it.

And as a fact of life, QN never writes any of his own news. All he does is reload any gaming related site and reposts any article he thinks everyone needs to know about, probably while chuckling, "stupid Americans, hahaha"
yah know if yall were actually nice to qn for once maybe he wouldnt post all that non-sense all i ever see is the same 3 ppl talking shit about qn when these same 3 ppl dont deserve to be on any gaming site they act all tough behind a tv screen but in reality those 3 nerds per say r what i like to call internet punks n somes states u will get arrested for harassing ppl online
yah know if yall were actually nice to qn for once maybe he wouldnt post all that non-sense all i ever see is the same 3 ppl talking shit about qn when these same 3 ppl dont deserve to be on any gaming site they act all tough behind a tv screen but in reality those 3 nerds per say r what i like to call internet punks n somes states u will get arrested for harassing ppl online
Originally Posted by ky pro 2008
If I could understand what you were saying, I might be able to respond. All I can figure is that you are claiming to be some kind of internet punk, acting all tough while standing behind your TV screen. I'm not really sure why you are standing behind your TV screen, but maybe that's where your throne is since you are apparently the king pro of all gaming sites, or maybe just were in 2008.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account