General Chat

Want to get fit?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 26 (40.63%) Yep

× 8 (12.50%) Nope

× 30 (46.88%) yay, free poll

• Added 05-21-2015 07:08 PM
  • 64 votes
After seeing what a coke/soda's acid can do to a penny or a rat I stopped drinking any type of soda, weaned myself off instead of two leaders lasting only a day I made it last a week. The key like Porch said, if you drink a glass of soda then also drink a glass of water. Next week a glass of soda an two glasses of water. I do get cravings for soda every so often now but half a glass and I know why I stopped drinking it. I really barley ever drink even bal a glass of soda now.. You could also substitute the water with Gatorade but even that has a lot of sugar in it.

And if you really want to punish yourself, a glass of milk after every glass of soda.. Anyway the radon for this post is once you get rid of soda in your life, you really don't need or crave it. Oh and I forgot if your prone to upset stomachs or ulcers, the acid in sodas greatly fuel and help ulcers form. There is a alot of good reasons, health reason to just cut sodas out of your life.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I read up on that after reading your post and it definitely made me think otherwise, i bought a water dispenser and six 5 Gallon water bottles from Home Depot early this afternoon to set it up in the kitchen (my wife thought i was nuts and then ended up loving the idea) so it's strictly water being drank here in my home, i did the water trick with my Gatorade like Porschephiliac recommended and i was felt full earlier than i have ever been so that's a neat trick to do during the day before i get home.

If i slip up with drinking soda B8TINGU, i'm going to try your milk trick, i'll do anything to cut out my soda intake even if it damn near kills me, while my crew loves to drink alcohol after work hours (i strictly forbid it doing it during work hours on the jobsite) my problem is drinking soda and it's time to put an end to it.
I love soda as well BN. I will suggest this idea, as it works well for me - reward moderation. I have one 12 pack of my favorite soda in the house. As tempting as it is to slam the whole 12, I only let myself drink one every couple days and only after I have achieved a goal around the house. As a homeowner, I have a HUGE list of tasks, and when I get a small chunk done, a nice, cold soda is a great reward for hard work done. My wife is on the same page as this, and she will even treat me when she know's I am sweating hard in the yard by bringing the soda out - it's her way of letting me know she is happy with what I have accomplished.

Still waiting on more suggestions folks! I like the weekly goals and kinect titles idea. I don't want anyone to spend money that they don't want to spend, so mandating specific titles doesn't sit well with me. However, certain titles would be better than other, such as the fitness ones over Kung Fu Panda 2... ya know?
Instead of posting a picture of yourself why not just post your weight ?
Well MS has a free kinect sports on both systems and there is of course the free fulness stuff.. we could do races to see who could complete those..but knowing this site most people probably have already completed them. As for mandating titles I wasn't totally suggesting that, it was more everyone should share which title they have and scores in each (if not completed) then maybe mock up something according to that?

WE could post all sports and fitness and as a back up all other kinect ONLY/REQUIRED titles don't want the Better with Kinect stuff as that could give way to cheating...lol..
How about weekly goals. I like the partnering up stuff then those two can push each other. Maybe give a pool of Kinect games and a GS to achieve on those particular games?
I like this idea. Achievements plus fitness = fun? lol

this is what I will TRY with you guys, every few days or so im going to remind you all to play at least xbox fitness, or any other Kinect fitness or sports game for 30 minutes 3 times a week. I will hold you all accountable for your eating habits but the training I can TRY to stay on top of that. If fat loss is the goal then doing 30 minutes of cardio or a Kinect type game 3 times a week will aid in your fat loss. As in the actual GS thing I don't think I can do much with that but I can at least remind you to play a fitness game every few days or so.
I wouldn't mind joining up with you boys. About two month ago, I radically changed my eating habits and I have been slowing working in the exercise portion. I have lost some weight so far but consistent exercise and some encouragement would go a long way.

Mr. pTart and I have been eating according to the "4 hour body" diet. Mr pTart has been this eating plan for over a year and has lot nearly 50 pounds. Two month ago, I decided to join him on this plan. 6 day a week we do not eat any carbs that can be white, sugar of any form, no dairy, and no fruit. We pretty much just eat meat, veggies, beans, and lentils, but on the 7th day, you can eat whatever you like.

My in-laws have also been doing this for year and my father in law has lost about 50 and my mother in law has lost 20. Its been very successful for my family.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
But, will you be coming to Achievement Fest to show off your new bods?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Every year I say I'm trying... and I'm still trying..
I'm going to sit here and drink my custom Mt Dew / caffeine drink blend and cheer you guys on from the side. I don't have the motivation or will to participate this year.
I'm going to sit here and drink my custom Mt Dew / caffeine drink blend and cheer you guys on from the side. I don't have the motivation or will to participate this year.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I thought you said you wanted to come to socialize... Mt Dew is very antisocial...I mean, have a Coke and a Friend...
I'll be back. I am trying to formulize this all together.
Most likely not Frown
I thought you said you wanted to come to socialize... Mt Dew is very antisocial...I mean, have a Coke and a Friend...
haha. *searches for the like button*
Here is what I have assembled so far. I am very open to suggestions and critique.

GTN Fitness Gamers Group

Established 2015

Goal:

The GTN Fitness Gamers Group is dedicated to using gaming
as a utility in assisting members reach thier individual fitness and/or weight
goals. Through friendship and teamwork, inspired through competative motivation,
members of the group will benefit from each other in reaching fitness and/or weight
goals, as well as adding much desired gamerscore to thier individual gamertag.

Membership:

Any member of GTN (Gamertag Nation) can join the GTN Fitness Gamers Group.
Any member wishing to join the group must join the leaderboard that has been
created (for managing organization purposes only) and post thier goals
and intentions, as well as expectations they hope to recieve from the other
group members. Membership is not mandatory for any members, and any member can
elect at any time to remove themselves from the group. Participation is not
mandatory, but highly suggested - the more you put into it, the better results
you can achieve.

Sign-up:

When a member signs up, he or she is required to post goals, intentions, expectations,
starting weight (only if member is attempting weight loss), and goal weight (same as
before). The more specific the goals are for each individual, the higher success rate
each individual can possibly experience. Studies have shown that when someone really
specifies the details of a goal, they are much more likely to accomplish it.

Medical Disclaimer:

It is always highly recommended that before anyone attempts a new excersize or diet, that
they consult with thier physician about the risks and possible problems that may arise.
Since each member is unique, the program is designed that each member designs thier own
regimen within the groups guidelines. If a member at any time feels physically or
emotionally incapable of contuing the program safely, they would be applauded for doing
so instead of 'pushing through the pain'.

Program Schedule:

Each cycle will include 10 weeks, with a 2 week period in between. Scoring goals are as follows:
Week 1 - 100gs
Week 2 - 200gs
Week 3 - 300gs
and so forth until
Week 10 - 1000gs.

Each week score only counts for that week. For example, if you score 200 points in week
one, the extra 100 points does not roll into week two.

For each week a member meets the cycle goals, they are awarded a point. For the cycle
there will be a maximum of 20 available points, 10 from the weekly goals, and 10 for extra
credit goals announced each week.

At the end of each cycle, a scoreboard will be posted for comparison. Every so often, a
cycle 'leader' may be awarded with an extra prize (to be determined).

Each cycle is it'sown entity, but member total scores will be tabulated as well, for
comparison and motivation purposes only. Each week, in order to earn the weekly point,
the member must reach the score goal AND post thier goal increases or decreases, such
as weight increase or loss, etc...

Weeks will start Monday mornings and end Sunday evenings when points are assessed.

Forum acticity is encouraged but not mandated. Purchasing Kinect games is encouraged, but
mandated. Your success depends on your input and activity. Good luck!

Please input and adjust. I was inspired to start the group, but that does not necessarily mean I must be in charge. If anyone else wants to assist me, please PM me.

Thanks for your participation thus far, folks!!!
I like that write up and the competitive nature of this sound like I may be able to hand out a badge..to say the winner after the 10 week period and perhaps if this is a cycle that continues. The rules are simple enough and it encourages team work. I would hope no one would cheat this anyway. Don't quote me on the badge just yet though I have to talk to Eric about it, hitting your goal is a nice reward in itself.
Which was the exact idea. I forgot to mention that the gamerscore is from Kinect games only, but that should have been assumed.

Thanks, I will wait for some more feedback from other potential members.
Do we have a potential start date... I mean we probably should be starting anyway...
Do we have a potential start date... I mean we probably should be starting anyway...
I was wondering this as well. Also, my brain may just be fried from work, but we are just required to earn 100gs kinect relater per week? or is the amount of gs we need to earn each week go up? Like week 1 earn 100 in that week, week 2 earn 200gs in just that week. Sorry, I'm confused.

Also, can you put the fancy post in the first post of this thread for easy access? Or maybe officially start this in a different thread?
I was wondering this as well. Also, my brain may just be fried from work, but we are just required to earn 100gs kinect relater per week? or is the amount of gs we need to earn each week go up? Like week 1 earn 100 in that week, week 2 earn 200gs in just that week. Sorry, I'm confused.

Also, can you put the fancy post in the first post of this thread for easy access? Or maybe officially start this in a different thread?
Originally Posted by pTartTX
I go to it to meaning like a step up, each week goes up by 100 so the second statement you make would be true. 100 the first week, 200 the second and so on, but I could be wrong on that.
I was hoping that we'd 'officially' start this weekend. The weekly increment is an increase in that week only. 100 increase in the first week and 200 more for the second week. The idea was to increase the difficulty of the "work-out" as time progresses, much like an actual physical training program would have. I will edit the first post if I can as well.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account