Flash Mob Schedule (Sunday Feb 15th, 5pm Eastern)

General Chat

NEW FLASH MOB DATE:

Sunday February 15th 3 p.m. MST
4 p.m. CST
5 p.m. EST
2 p.m. PST

Let's try this again
Originally Posted by Preludecris
alright I will log on to see what will happen.
I'm logged in 24-7 from home and work so I'll be there. Well over 500 days straight now I think.
I'm logged in 24-7 from home and work so I'll be there. Well over 500 days straight now I think.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I'm logged in 24-7 as well and visit the site at least once a day, but for some reason didn't get either the Christmas or New Year's badge, and lost my streak twice now. I'll probably log out and back in at that time just to be safe.
I'm logged in 24-7 as well and visit the site at least once a day, but for some reason didn't get either the Christmas or New Year's badge, and lost my streak twice now. I'll probably log out and back in at that time just to be safe.
Originally Posted by Buckswana

I will try to be on too.

Since it is Friday the 13th today, wondering if that badge will unlock correctly. So far it hasn't, but not sure if it takes until the next day to unlock.
I will try to be on too.

Since it is Friday the 13th today, wondering if that badge will unlock correctly. So far it hasn't, but not sure if it takes until the next day to unlock.
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
Pretty sure that one unlocks when the site updates for the following day.
I will try to be on too.

Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
Going to have to agree with Buck. Every other specific date badge has always unlocked the following day, at least for me.
Ditto. I got the two you missed but have lost streaks even though the tab is open 24/7 on at least one of my PCs. I'll try to remember to log out and back in at 5 tomorrow just to be safe.
even though the tab is open 24/7
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
I very much doubt just having the tab open is enough to count as logged in. If you're not active, your current login session would expire.
I very much doubt just having the tab open is enough to count as logged in. If you're not active, your current login session would expire.
Originally Posted by Dale Baldwin
This is correct. Every time I am inactive for a few minutes the site logs me out. I will also log in on the 15th to hopefully get the flash mob badges.

FYI 100th post
Pretty sure that one unlocks when the site updates for the following day.
Yea, it unlocked today, thanks.
This is correct. Every time I am inactive for a few minutes the site logs me out.
Originally Posted by Monky Spit
Really? It's extremely rare that I have to login. I grab my laptop, click 'new posts' and everything acts the same...whether I left it sit there for 2 min or two days. If I were forced to log in every time I was inactive for a short bit, I wouldn't bother leaving a tab open for convenience.

Either way, it's extremely rare that I don't check in at least once per day anyway. Usually multiple times per day.
This is correct. Every time I am inactive for a few minutes the site logs me out. I will also log in on the 15th to hopefully get the flash mob badges.

FYI 100th post
The site only logs me out if I don't click "Remember Me" whenever I log in. I never have to log in, but maybe it doesn't recognize you as "Online" if you're not active.
It might just be me then because every time I am inactive for 2 minutes or so I get logged out.
It might just be me then because every time I am inactive for 2 minutes or so I get logged out.
I always click 'remember me' before I log in and it keeps me logged in at all times. I'm sure you are doing this but just in case you aren't...
I'm staying logged in and on the site. I'll make it a point, on the hour at hand, to click a link or post somewhere just to be sure that I'm counted.
Really? It's extremely rare that I have to login. I grab my laptop, click 'new posts' and everything acts the same...whether I left it sit there for 2 min or two days. If I were forced to log in every time I was inactive for a short bit, I wouldn't bother leaving a tab open for convenience.

Either way, it's extremely rare that I don't check in at least once per day anyway. Usually multiple times per day.
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
Okay two things...

It only counts when you load a new page to count for the day, leaving a page open will not count. Visiting my page every day is always a good choice.

Login/Authentication is another thing. As long as you sign in and check the remember me and allow cookies in your browser you should be able to load new page without it asking for you to sign in. Doing this has nothing to do with counting you as visiting every day.

One more thing, the process to check if you visited for the day and award badges runs early the next day, so you wouldn't have gotten the v-day badge until early this(Sunday) morning.
Okay two things...

It only counts when you load a new page to count for the day, leaving a page open will not count. Visiting Buckswana's page every day is always a good choice.

Login/Authentication is another thing. As long as you sign in and check the remember me and allow cookies in your browser you should be able to load new page without it asking for you to sign in. Doing this has nothing to do with counting you as visiting every day.

One more thing, the process to check if you visited for the day and award badges runs early the next day, so you wouldn't have gotten the v-day badge until early this(Sunday) morning.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Fixed it for you. Wink Also, that's probably why I've lost my streak a time or two (and didn't get the Christmas and New Year's badges), since I would occasionally just sign in/visit the site, but not click on any new pages. I'll try to remember to make a point of that from now on.
I always click 'remember me' before I log in and it keeps me logged in at all times. I'm sure you are doing this but just in case you aren't...
Originally Posted by Preludecris
As much as I would like to do that I don't. I just go to login and enter in my GT and Password and press login. I don't bother to check the remember option as I prefer to login in every time I come to the site.

What I am referring to though is that If I am currently logged in and I become inactive for to long then it loges me out which is Okay except for when I end up typing long messages like this. Then it become a pain in my ass because I end up losing what I had just typed.

As to the flash mob hopefully we get enough people to sign in to unlock all three badges in one go.
As much as I would like to do that I don't. I just go to login and enter in my GT and Password and press login. I don't bother to check the remember option as I prefer to login in every time I come to the site.

What I am referring to though is that If I am currently logged in and I become inactive for to long then it loges me out which is Okay except for when I end up typing long messages like this. Then it become a pain in my ass because I end up losing what I had just typed.

As to the flash mob hopefully we get enough people to sign in to unlock all three badges in one go.
That's why I started checking it when I log in. If you still want to sign in every time, just use the "Remember Me" so it doesn't log you out due to inactivity, then manually sign out (click the little down arrow beside the gear symbol, top left of the page) whenever you're done. Will solve your problem.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account