Flash Mob II Saturday - 16th July 2016 - 5pm Eastern, 2300 CET

General Chat

Nicely said, I certainly don't want this to turn into something it's not, nor will I or any of the staff let it get out of hand. First I didn't name anyone specifically,so please don't anyone else assume or make accusations. Second, you can't deny what is there. Checking the badge page I see multiple accounts that are obviously fake. I was even surprised to see my name, as honestly didn't realize I had gotten it until I just checked it.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I am not making direct accusations, but I am stating this: (most of) those that have the badges are not here helping us get ours. That is shady all by itself. It's not like we didn't announce it all over the internet the last few weeks...
Actually, I referenced futiles specifically because he has an alternative account listed with the badge. I don't care that they got it. More power to them. I am, however, mildly annoyed that they didn't say anything when others were clearly trying to organize this. It is what it is and I can't change it, so, whatever.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
It's a lack of consideration for others that bothers me the most. Take, take, take, but can't be bothered to give at all.
And since no one really cares, we're down to only 32 logged in. But I'm glad those other members got theirs.

Thanks for trying folks.
Thanks for those that turned up today and gave this a shot. Smile
Looking at who was it, I say it was done at Achievement Fest using brand new accounts and all the hardware at the location
Looking at who was it, I say it was done at Achievement Fest using brand new accounts and all the hardware at the location
Originally Posted by N1ghtmareb4xmas
Which is what I expected.
Achievement Fest also ran today/tonight didn't it?
Except they all have the badges, and the spam accounts are identified with pseudonyms of their account names. Look at the list of who's won the Flash Mob III badge, and tell me that's legit? And it is exactly 100 people. Not organic.

I am expressing slight because diesel has been working this for weeks, if not months, and then that happens, without word, without announcement, without consideration to others who went out of their way to be able to attend today. Had someone, anyone, said anything about it on Thursday, we ALL would have those two badges and been stoked setting up IV. But no. Only a few of those who have II and III are logged in now - the others got their badge so who cares if we do, right? That's not aggressive, that's merely upset that people don't care about other people anymore, just looking out for themselves anymore.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I understand your anger and unfortunately that happens and we can't control the actions of a few, it's a lot like another site we all know. Maybe this gives good argument to have the gaming sessions part of this site set up, hopefully sooner rather than later.
A lot of today's people have earned Flash Mob I so that's good to see that we are seeing new and varied members. Maybe in a few months once everything dies down we can give this another go!
Yes, Achievement Fest accomplished this on Thursday, as a planned Achievement Fest 2016 Shenanigan.

In no way did we hinder anyone else from getting the badge, but, no we did not help anyone not in attendance.

Also, at no point was anyone involved with Achievement Fest ever engaged about today's planned attempt. Yes, this thread was posted, and people assumed Achievement Fest participation, but, coordination was never organized.

If you would like to be mad at someone, you can be mad at me. Yes, we stopped specifically at 100, but, we included anyone logged in at the time. (There were 5-8 randoms logged in, and they were included in the 100 automatically.)

Achievement Fest is a live, in-person event, EVERYONE is invited, and EVERYONE is welcome. And if you attend, you are included, in everything (including Shenanigans).

The dates were made public in multiple threads on this site:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...you-going.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...ure-times.html

And, I will leave this here, 29.09% of the responses to this poll have no interest in being a part of Achievement Fest.

So, yes, part of this was personal. People that have no desire to attend (and actively express this) the event still expected Achievement Fest to be there for their benefit.
I live in a different country hahaha

It's done and dusted now. Let's all cool down and be friends again Smile
Yes, Achievement Fest accomplished this on Thursday, as a planned Achievement Fest 2016 Shenanigan.

In no way did we hinder anyone else from getting the badge, but, no we did not help anyone not in attendance.

Also, at no point was anyone involved with Achievement Fest ever engaged about today's planned attempt. Yes, this thread was posted, and people assumed Achievement Fest participation, but, coordination was never organized.

If you would like to be mad at someone, you can be mad at me. Yes, we stopped specifically at 100, but, we included anyone logged in at the time. (There were 5-8 randoms logged in, and they were included in the 100 automatically.)

Achievement Fest is a live, in-person event, EVERYONE is invited, and EVERYONE is welcome. And if you attend, you are included, in everything (including Shenanigans).

The dates were made public in multiple threads on this site:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...you-going.html
http://www.gamertagnation.com/genera...ure-times.html

And, I will leave this here, 29.09% of the responses to this poll have no interest in being a part of Achievement Fest.

So, yes, part of this was personal. People that have no desire to attend (and actively express this) the event still expected Achievement Fest to be there for their benefit.
Originally Posted by futiles
100% This. Because this:

Yeah. Fuck them and their inconsideration.
and this:

Ridiculous. They can secretly organize that but can't be bothered to help the rest of us out on a SCHEDULED DAY.

Fuck them. I'm pissed at that.
Would it really have been that hard to mention it? Really? You're assuming an elitist position here Michael. "Since we went to AF, we're better than you." is what you sound like. How about the many of us who are not financially able to attend? I have been trying to go every year, but cannot afford it. I bet there are others. Why do you feel the need to exclude others like this?

You know what, don't respond. Your answer will be as asinine and egotistical as it always is.
I live in a different country hahaha

It's done and dusted now. Let's all cool down and be friends again Smile
Originally Posted by dieselv2
We've now created two distinct cliques on this site because of this. Those who CAN go to AF, and those who CAN'T. Friendships have just been burned. Futiles has just ensured that.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account