Problem with the Best Week Ever IV badge

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

I did 15K Gamerscore within a week and I didn't get the badge and that made me pretty bummed as I was focused on getting it. Can a moderator help me with this issue?

Edit: A new week started and part of the gamerscore stayed in this new week, it makes me very sad
Last edited 07-10-2023 at 05:59 AM by Alemaunzinhuu.
I did 15K Gamerscore within a week and I didn't get the badge and that made me pretty bummed as I was focused on getting it. Can a moderator help me with this issue?

Edit: A new week started and part of the gamerscore stayed in this new week, it makes me very sad
Originally Posted by Alemaunzinhuu
If I remember correctly, GTN uses your local timezone settings for determining Best Week Ever badges. Make sure you have your region and timezone set properly to match where you are. (I am not sure if GTN adjusts what it considers a "week" though. In the US a 'week' is Sunday - Saturday, but, I know some countries, like France, a 'week' is Monday - Sunday.)
To check your settings, on the bottom far right of any page of GTN, you should see "REGION:" and a country flag and country code. Clicking on that will bring you to the settings page, that will allow you to check/set your options. It is entirely possible you have the correct country, but, incorrect timezone set. So, check all of those options.

I don't think updating the options will automatically fix/award the badge to you, and will still require a mod/admin, but, will be good to ensure it is set properly for future badges and tracking.
To check your settings, on the bottom far right of any page of GTN, you should see "REGION:" and a country flag and country code. Clicking on that will bring you to the settings page, that will allow you to check/set your options. It is entirely possible you have the correct country, but, incorrect timezone set. So, check all of those options.

I don't think updating the options will automatically fix/award the badge to you, and will still require a mod/admin, but, will be good to ensure it is set properly for future badges and tracking.
Originally Posted by futiles
I even defined the region at that time and even then I couldn't get the badge and I think that as you said, the week must have a different duration in your country compared to mine. I hope some admin can help me with this, as it is one of the rare times that I get more than 15K gamerscore in a week thanks to Eastasiasoft game updates. Thank you for the tips Futiles.
It looks like the site uses Sunday-Saturday for the week. It's possible that it also uses the Central Time zone for the calculations as well, as this is the description for the badge:
Unlock this badge by earning 15,000 Gamerscore in a single week. Weekly progress is reset and badges are awarded each Sunday at 2:03am Central Time (CT).
It looks like the site uses Sunday-Saturday for the week. It's possible that it also uses the Central Time zone for the calculations as well, as this is the description for the badge:
Unlock this badge by earning 15,000 Gamerscore in a single week. Weekly progress is reset and badges are awarded each Sunday at 2:03am Central Time (CT).
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Honestly, I got discouraged trying to get badges, the system is very confusing, even more so for me as I'm from another region and I have to use conversion and it was precisely because of this conversion that I lost this badge.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account