profile viewing counter and badges!

Feature Requests

Found 18 posts - Go to Last Post

Completed
So how about a simple counter on your profile, that shows how many times your profile has been viewed, it can even have a badge set affiliated with it. Mr popularity for 100 views, 1000 views 10,0000 views.
Yeah, why not?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
You don't sound impressed...is this not a good idea?
I already have some code in place for this, so the functionality is there. It was simply disabled. I should be able to reactivate this feature and its badges later today. Thanks for the suggestion!
How do we know? Where is it on our page so we can see? And how come when I check the badge, they all show 0 for me... I know that's BS lol
There is a PROFILE VIEWS counter located on the right-hand side of your profile. This shows you how many times your profile has been viewed by others. Here's what mine looks like:

There is a PROFILE VIEWS counter located on the right-hand side of your profile. This shows you how many times your profile has been viewed by others. Here's what mine looks like:

Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Is it Retro, or does it start today? Mine said zero when I checked it earlier.

Originally Posted by GTN Eric
glad this was liked enough to be brought back??? So this begs a few questions: This counter that can only be seen by you, is for premium members only yes? If not I don't see it on my phone.

Second question: when we reach said number of profile views premium or not, will everyone get the badges?

Third question (and thus one is entirely self serving... Smile ) will I get a badge for this or was it that was a retro thing and so it already exist like you (ehm.) .claim lol... Just asking.. I really want that badge for suggesting an idea that was used in the site..nit that I'm addicted or anything and not that I won't stop suggesting things either, I believe I have a few suggestions (which are pending) but not yet incorporated.

Keep up the great work !! I love this place!
From everything Eric has said here's my understanding...
  1. The code to do counters already existed and used to be tracked on profiles that existed then
  2. That data was never surface to the users, but GTN was tracking it
  3. Reimplimenting this was easy because Eric just needed to make the little module to make it visibile to the users and create a few corresponding badges
  4. The counter was never reset, so users that had data back when it was a completely hidden feature have a head start on the counter. A fair little bonus to long term members.
  5. It is not a premium feature, GTN has never segregated features like that. Premium gets you better syncing and warm fuzzy for helping out a site you like.

So I might have put my own opinions on there on the end, but I'm pretty sure that's how things are.
4. The counter was never reset, so users that had data back when it was a completely hidden feature have a head start on the counter. A fair little bonus to long term members.

I don't buy that. Mine shows only 2. I highly doubt that.

But, I am greatful for the addition! Big Grin

I don't buy that. Mine shows only 2. I highly doubt that.

But, I am greatful for the addition! Big Grin
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I have to say the same thing, it is a little strange as my counter also says 2, but I know for sure that more then 2 people have visited my page just because they have left me comments. At the minimum it has to be over 20 just from comments since I have joined the site.
So to clarify, since Eric hasn't, the counters were OFF for awhile. I got the impressions that people who started with views were views accumulated YEARS ago, then the were off. So if you were a member way back then (not a few months when lots of us joined) then you started with a bump. Otherwise, we all started with 0 and if yours says two that means 2 people since yesterday have visited.
So to clarify, since Eric hasn't, the counters were OFF for awhile. I got the impressions that people who started with views were views accumulated YEARS ago, then the were off. So if you were a member way back then (not a few months when lots of us joined) then you started with a bump. Otherwise, we all started with 0 and if yours says two that means 2 people since yesterday have visited.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Yes, that is correct. The counters were disabled when the feature was removed back in (just guessing here) 2010 to 2011. If you were a member of the site during the time at which this feature was enabled (say before 2010 or 2011), then your previous view counts were carried over. Everyone else started off at 0 since there is no way for us to accurately track how many visits occurred while the counters were disabled.
So if this isn't a premium thing, then I still can't see my counter.. so could some one look into this for me? Please...pretty please?
yay 6 profile views come on friends help me help u for the badges
Originally Posted by Kaens
Ok, thanks for the clarification guys.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account