Achievement Fest 2016 - Are you going?

General Chat

What is your Achievement Fest status?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 7 (8.97%) I'm going

× 25 (32.05%) Never going to go

× 13 (16.67%) Wish I could make it, but....(explain)

× 7 (8.97%) Still waiting on permission from my wife...

× 17 (21.79%) Maybe...

× 9 (11.54%) Futiles will kidnap me and drag me there...

• Added 01-19-2016 04:33 PM
  • 78 votes
Oh, can you bring that Chinese Japanese game that takes like 2 hours??? That would be awesome...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Stop enabling Fsh!
Is the 14th to the 18th confirmed? I can get plane tickets for almost 1/2 price right now, but there's only a few left so I'd have to jump on it.
Is the 14th to the 18th confirmed? I can get plane tickets for almost 1/2 price right now, but there's only a few left so I'd have to jump on it.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I am pretty sure those dates are set in stone. As long as the restrictions to change flights isn't too bad, I'd jump on those half price tickets now.
No cancellations, no refunds at that price. Will wait until I hear for sure to be safe.
Futiles just confirmed those dates with me... I emailed Zack earlier, but haven't heard back.
Sorry, I work nights, and had a 13.5 hour shift last night, so, I just woke up. Yes, the dates are not going to move. If they do, I won't be there.
I am very interested in going to this event. Would be my first time if I do, so not sure what to expect out of it. But from all the information that I have gathered it looks like it will be a blast. Currently have a single question about the event:

Any information yet on the hotel?
Also, currently assuming that we should fly into Indianapolis and then drive down to Terre Haute?
I was planning on working on the hotel today, however, a major issue at work led to a 13.5 hour shift, which had me going to sleep very late, and waking up and immediately getting back on the same issue conference that I left at 10AM. And that is looking to take me through my shift tonight. I will make an effort to get the hotel done this week.

The one we usually use is under construction, and the other hotel in their group is about a tier-and-a-half higher scale than the one we use, and the cost is not something we are really able to get where we want it to be. So, that is the delay.
Futiles just confirmed those dates with me... I emailed Zack earlier, but haven't heard back.
Yeah, Zack and I have a couple of things between now and AF2016, including one project together in Kansas City in May. But, I have that one pretty much squared away on my end. AF2016 is my next project on my radar, with GenCon immediately after that.

(Busy year! PAX South, Extra Life United, BGGCON Spring, Planet Comicon, AF2016, GenCon, BGGCON Prime)
Also, currently assuming that we should fly into Indianapolis and then drive down to Terre Haute?
Originally Posted by Waterydrip37
We run a shuttle service from Indy to TH and back. As people book their tickets to fly we will get a thread going with AF arrival and departure times/dates. The best would be to fly in late Thursday and out late Sunday or Monday. There's enough people who drive in that you should be fine to hitch rides with people. Unless you just have to have your own car, which is fine. It's about an hour journey from the airport.
Alright, booked my flights since the deal was too good to wait, so hopefully nothing changes. Wasn't sure I could make it this year, but this really helped. Will start a thread with arrival/departure times for people to add names to.
Alright, booked my flights since the deal was too good to wait, so hopefully nothing changes. Wasn't sure I could make it this year, but this really helped. Will start a thread with arrival/departure times for people to add names to.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Glad you got a great deal. I need to figure out my schedule.
We'll get it cleared up for you. Hotel, usually Zack gets a deal for us.

AF site is jacked up. Zack needs to get that cleaned up too.

Oh, can you bring that Chinese Japanese game that takes like 2 hours??? That would be awesome...
The Memories Off one? Sure.
Yeah, Zack and I have a couple of things between now and AF2016, including one project together in Kansas City in May. But, I have that one pretty much squared away on my end. AF2016 is my next project on my radar, with GenCon immediately after that.

(Busy year! PAX South, Extra Life United, BGGCON Spring, Planet Comicon, AF2016, GenCon, BGGCON Prime)
Originally Posted by futiles
Thanks for doing that. Just let me know which is going to be the hotel and I will make my reservations.
So what is achievement fest exactly? It'd be cool to meet up with everyone but wasn't sure what it actually entailed.
So what is achievement fest exactly? It'd be cool to meet up with everyone but wasn't sure what it actually entailed.
Originally Posted by GTN Eric
Bozack runs basically a LAN center in Terre Haute, IN called Ebash, with PC gaming, xbox, PS, Wii, pretty much everything in separate rooms. We get together there once a year for a weekend of gamerscore, shenanigans, and more gamerscore. It's a great way to meet people you play with in person, boost out hard to find games (Ebash has a pretty good library of games), and experience a few JP visual novels/dating sims (when Streak Leader and Fshguy aren't around).

We take over about a third of the store, cordoned off for attendees. You can buy a seat with anywhere from a full tv and console provided, to an empty spot if you bring your own equipment. We have a couple communal meal events, primarily the Real Buffet Challenge (which has a two year streak of having the selected location go out of business shortly after our meal).

Achievement fest was started 5 years ago after a crazy idea to meet up gained traction among 360voice members. We originally had the crazy idea to set world records for gamerscore, and then did it again, and again, and then took a year off. If anyone wants to make an attempt, we can at least offer guidance on what the requirements are (they are quite strict), although it's a bit late in the year to set it up.

All in all, it is a terrifically fun weekend, unless tandar sits in your chair.
It was a great way to boost out those stupid "in person" multiplayer achievements. Our resident Canadian got tapped a lot to do harder Rock Band/Guitar Hero achievements. Or we used the programmable guitar. It is also great to coordinate the time commitment achievements if your group is spread across the country. It's not always easy to get everyone together at the same time to do a 3-4-7 hour run on something.

Every year there is always something that pops up to become an in-joke with the group. From T4nd4r'ing your chair to the rub and tugga, it's a crazy weekend of shenanigans. You get to put a face to a gamertag and voice. You see how close or far people look IRL compared to how you imagined them. You also find out that I'm not such a bad guy.

Our numbers fluctuate around 25 attendees. With this being the 5th year anniversary, we are hoping to make it a bit bigger. People are bringing their teens to experience a weekend of gaming. But it's more than just Xbox. We do some tabletop stuff. Sunday nights is usually when we bust out CAH for a delirious ending to a crazy weekend.
I plan on being there. Waiting to see whether anyone is bringing their kids...
I plan on being there. Waiting to see whether anyone is bringing their kids...
Originally Posted by Streak Leader
I will not be as they are going on a different trip that weekend, sitting all weekend and getting gamerscore is not their thing.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account