How/ What did you used to make this site?

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 22 posts - Go to Last Post

This is a really impressive site? what did yall use to make it/ or what website did yall join or w/e it is I would really like to know. ^_^
Haha... if you need info on the site, why not form a PM to Eric, and if he thinks it's alright, I'm sure he'll tell you! Big Grin
Thank you for complimenting the site, Jason. Gamertag Nation was created using vBulletin backend. Since vBulletin was originally coded for use as a bulletin board or forum application, I'm made many alterations and coded (from scratch) all of the additional features you see here. The entire website is ran using the PHP language and mySQL database.

All of the graphics were made using a program I use from 1998. Nope, I don't use Photoshop. I've actually been accustomed to using Microsoft Image Composer, which was released back in 1998 and never updated since then.

Just simply mix all of those components and hit blend. That's basically how Gamertag Nation was created.
How is it that you never fail to impress me, even when you're not trying, mate?
o_O wow... its a really neat site and i like it alot but it really needs members but its just starting I will try to help you guys out. ^_^
o_O wow... its a really neat site and i like it alot but it really needs members but its just starting I will try to help you guys out. ^_^
Originally Posted by JasonCh444
Good to hear that. Right now, just be active, start topics and be informative. Let your experiences as a gamer shine and augment the community. Think of NTAF, and just try and see that community spirit. We need a good one, and one that has strong bonds.

Remember that, and you'll do fine.

Also, more importantly....

THE CAKE IS A LIE! O_O
That was my gamerpicture from you know that game. <.< >.> xD but still Those pplz in narutotaf well we have known each other for alomst a year. so its good to know you are one of us. ^__^
I had planned to use my relationship with GTN and NTAF to both site's advantage. It's always good, as it is a win win situation, Jason...

Yes... I am one of you, lol. So man, just try and enjoy yourself. The rules here are more relaxed then NTAF, since it's more adult, and a private forum, hence only being a ten character limit rather then a 5 word one. If the people I know are decent from NTAF come over here, it'll help GTN a LOT. Moreover, some people from GTN are already on NTAF, like my Kailea. But... I plan to get a few more anime fans from here to NTAF, and Gaming fans to GTN.

Win Win. Just how mama used to make it.

I'm glad you trust me man, thanks.
I'm curious how you managed to link gamertags to the site, I could never figure it out!
I'm curious how you managed to link gamertags to the site, I could never figure it out!
That was the most difficult part actually. Anytime you play a game on your 360, our system searches each game on our website to see if it matches the one you just played. We have over 400 games on our website now, so updating the information and ensuring each game can be linked is quite the daunting task. As each game is released, I have to ensure we have the correct ID associated with the game as well. If none of this was done, then none of the games would link up correctly.

It's safe to say that our games section is constantly being updated. Big Grin
Sonofabitch, man. I never knew you had to go through all THAT!!!
so how did you add that bar in front of the forum? cause its really neat. and it changes around.. and the games of the week. cause I would like to make a forum in a way with some friends and this would soo help. ^^ plz help.
I have made a lot of modifications to the code and overall design of the script, but it's called jQuery Cycle. You will need the jQuery backend for wherever you use the script.

The original source of the code is from here. As you can see, you can do a lot of fun things with the script. Smile
Just registered cause i saw this at vBulletin.org as nominated board, instantly voted, because your vBulletin knowladge is really impressive Eric. I got a site myself for European eSports, but that's nowhere near this level. I mean how do you pull all the data from Xbox Live and how did you make that custom Achievement System? Those are the 2 functions i really like here. Once again good job, i wished i was as good as you with PHP and vBulletin. Greets. A few things though: The Dutch flag isn't working and in the profile the link to feeds directs to signature.
Last edited 07-24-2008 at 04:34 PM by Original Thalix.
i can't speak for Eric, but i know this is a very new site that is basically a work in progress. there is still quite a bit that needs to be added or tweaked, but pointing out anything else you notice is helpful. still, if you think this is good, i'd say you haven't seen anything yet. i'm looking forward to the day it's all complete.
It won't be long, but however, when I finish liasoning with British company GAME (which will take a little while), we'll basically be official, with adverts in GAME stores throughout the United Kingdom. So far, their outlook has been favourable, and they love the look at it. I know that London will be fairly easy to get in terms of advertising, and online on GAME's site would be good. Several store managers have shown a HUGE interest. It'll take some work on my part, but I'm sure I can get this done. Also, if we become a medium people can use to buy Games in the UK from GAME, we'll get a share in the profits, to help pay for bandwidth, and upgrades and all sorts of further marketing.

So, after the site's finished, there's still my job to promote GTN to the UK and European Market, and maybe even work on Asia after that's done. THAT'S the next step once Eric does his work, but it's being done NOW, and will take some time...

Phew.
It won't be long, but however, when I finish liasoning with British company GAME (which will take a little while), we'll basically be official, with adverts in GAME stores throughout the United Kingdom. So far, their outlook has been favourable, and they love the look at it. I know that London will be fairly easy to get in terms of advertising, and online on GAME's site would be good. Several store managers have shown a HUGE interest. It'll take some work on my part, but I'm sure I can get this done. Also, if we become a medium people can use to buy Games in the UK from GAME, we'll get a share in the profits, to help pay for bandwidth, and upgrades and all sorts of further marketing.

So, after the site's finished, there's still my job to promote GTN to the UK and European Market, and maybe even work on Asia after that's done. THAT'S the next step once Eric does his work, but it's being done NOW, and will take some time...

Phew.
Originally Posted by Killak
I will be going to my local game and asking about you all see if i can find anything out.

A lot of work has gone into this site alot of VB coding as well i also found this on VB.org and have voted it for board of the month.

I like alot of the features some i don't quite understand why they are there but they may grow on me.

But here is another Good job to the coders and staff.
Last edited 08-11-2008 at 07:41 PM by Autonamus.
I wouldn't ask at your local GAME yet. The plan is still budding, and there'll be nothing to see. It'll take a little bit of time, and then we'll gradually fan out throughout stores across the UK. Gradually.

These things take a lot of time.
I wouldn't ask at your local GAME yet. The plan is still budding, and there'll be nothing to see. It'll take a little bit of time, and then we'll gradually fan out throughout stores across the UK. Gradually.

These things take a lot of time.
Originally Posted by Killak
The manager of my local game is one of my good friends ill see if i can get him interested in the site and the program.
That's good to hear. Thanks for the offer, and PM me on how it goes.

I'll take all the help I can get. Where are you based?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account