Best Week Ever II 15 BP Best Week Ever II Earn 5,000 Gamerscore in a single week.

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Just curious about this medal.
Is it based on a person gamerscore history does this only track from the date you joined the site.

Just wondering as I did 5,000+ gamerscore on a single day back on June 20, 2013
but didnt join the site till August of 2013.
Just curious about this medal.
Is it based on a person gamerscore history does this only track from the date you joined the site.

Just wondering as I did 5,000+ gamerscore on a single day back on June 20, 2013
but didnt join the site till August of 2013.
Originally Posted by acaraba2
I'm fairly confident it's anytime in your gaming history.
I actually don't think it does, Kaens.

http://360voice.gamerdna.com/blog-view.asp?id=164429084

On Jan 21, 2011, I scored 1,840 points. Yet, I do not have the Best Week Ever I badge. So, the site has not registered my single day score of 1000+ points as earning the 1000+ in a week. (That day I did Truth or Lies in one sitting, around noon, so, cutoff time would not have been an issue either, as I am Central Time, too.)

Now, maybe it is supposed to look at your history, and I should ask B8TINGU to look into it, but, it certainly is not automatic.
I don't think it is retroactive, since my best week (Sun-Sat) was over 11k gs and over 14k TA back in July 2011, and I didn't get the 10k badge. No big deal, will just have to do it again.
If it was retroactive, I think many of us new members would have all 3 from what we did the last week of the T3C...
I don't think it's retroactive, or everybody that has played Avatar would have the 1000 badge... Either that or something that needs to be fixed/recalculated...
For the record it is definitely not retroactive. If you want the badge you need to either score those points now, or voice your opinions to Eric and see if we can get this changed. I'm fairly certain its not retroactive due to the fact that there is no way to calculate it retroactively. Not sure about the programming aspect but I think its just easier for the calculations to do it going forward.
For the record it is definitely not retroactive. If you want the badge you need to either score those points now, or voice your opinions to Eric and see if we can get this changed. I'm fairly certain its not retroactive due to the fact that there is no way to calculate it retroactively. Not sure about the programming aspect but I think its just easier for the calculations to do it going forward.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Sure there is a way to calculate it retroactively. It would only work with timestamped achievements, but, since past calendars are set in stone, and timestamps use UTC, it would be not too complicated to work out. (Actually, most servers can actually tell you what day a timestamp was, since many actually count up seconds from a universal start point, the machine knows if Jan 1, 2010 was a Friday or if it was a Monday)

Now, is it worth it for Eric to spend development cycles working that up, maybe not. But, it would be possible.
Not too worried about it. If Hotdog, Fsh and myself can do it with the gs we've already got, then *most* people should be able to do it with a little planning if they really want to. With all of the quick X1 games coming out, shouldn't be too hard for anyone before too long, as long as they stock up some games.
It wouldn't be that difficult, but I'm all for it only being specifically for the period of time after you join the site...
Personally I prefer that it is not retroactive, because it gives me a reason to do it again.
Thanks for the clarification. I'd probably toss my hat in the "must be earned while a member" ring.
Personally I prefer that it is not retroactive, because it gives me a reason to do it again.
Originally Posted by Waterydrip37
That's the spirit!
Well then I'm not going to try and score 15k or 20k in a week until those badges are created!
Well then I'm not going to try and score 15k or 20k in a week until those badges are created!
Originally Posted by Kaens
We need those badges, need the bait...
We need those badges, need the bait...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
If anyone is good at baiting, it's master B8TINGU.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account