Did we loose some Badges?

General Chat

Did we loose some Badges? I could of sworn we had 388 Badges and now the site is showing 385 Badges.
do you mean, did we untie them?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Something has changed, be it removed, merged, what have you. 388 Badges are now 385.
Christmas 2008 (Retired)
Christmas 2010 (Retired)
Christmas 2012 (Retired)

As the current badge leader, it's my responsibility to know these things.
Christmas 2008 (Retired)
Christmas 2010 (Retired)
Christmas 2012 (Retired)

Originally Posted by Kaens
There you go. Thx!
Christmas 2008 (Retired)
Christmas 2010 (Retired)
Christmas 2012 (Retired)

I had no idea you could lose badges. :huh:
Christmas 2008 (Retired)
Christmas 2010 (Retired)
Christmas 2012 (Retired)

I'm sure you'll still keep track when you're runner-up leader...
loose - 1. not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached
2. (of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely

lose - 1. be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
2. become unable to find (something or someone).

smh......
So no one really lost any badges and now one could have got those badges anyway so I think we all good here.
Subtle:
do you mean, did we untie them?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Obtuse:
loose - 1. not firmly or tightly fixed in place; detached or able to be detached
2. (of a garment) not fitting tightly or closely

lose - 1. be deprived of or cease to have or retain (something).
2. become unable to find (something or someone).

smh......
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Subtle:

Obtuse:
Originally Posted by futiles
well he apparently didn't understand Hotdog's comment so I gave the definition
well he apparently didn't understand Hotdog's comment so I gave the definition
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Well, we may still have to define obtuse and subtle for some people...
So no one really lost any badges and now one could have got those badges anyway so I think we all good here.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I lost them :hurt:
I was so close to overtaking all of you, too
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
We gave you a head start...
That doesn't make any sense, if you delete a badge then yes I can see that, but just retiring them you should not have lost them and that should be brought up to Eric. Or you can simply re award them to yourself. BUT, if it's just because you may have been around and didn't log in for said badges during those particular times then that's your fault. Wink
No, I obviously had them because I logged in. No one would have them unless they were earned at the time.
It's clear I'm not worried about my badge total, I just thought I'd bring it up.
No, I obviously had them because I logged in. No one would have them unless they were earned at the time.
It's clear I'm not worried about my badge total, I just thought I'd bring it up.
Well then that's not cool, what happens if everyone form that time started to log back on to the site undistorted getting active...(I know, don't say it) but however improbable it could still be possible.. anyway just my two cents. I guess if your not worried about it, neither will I. Sorry you lost the badges.
Personally, I don't think that's very cool. Not cool at all. I hope this is not a standard thing going forward or I'm done, I don't care about badge if that's how Eric is going to handle it (as I've made very clear in the numerous times people have asked for the 360v style badges). Fsh can pass me now then, I honestly don't give a shit. I'm not going to play a game (or metagame) where people change the existing rules as we go along. Those three badges should have stayed there, what problem was being solved by taking them away?
Personally, I don't think that's very cool. Not cool at all. I hope this is not a standard thing going forward or I'm done, I don't care about badge if that's how Eric is going to handle it (as I've made very clear in the numerous times people have asked for the 360v style badges). Fsh can pass me now then, I honestly don't give a shit. I'm not going to play a game (or metagame) where people change the existing rules as we go along. Those three badges should have stayed there, what problem was being solved by taking them away?
I would posit that they never should have been there in the first place.
I suppose an argument could be made that if someone like me were actually trying to collect badges, I would have an advantage over you because I have some that you can't obtain.
Really, it just depends how competitive you think they actually are. I doubt Eric intended anything beyond something fun to strive for on a personal level, but perhaps it can be seen as unfair if comparing to one another.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account