Found 17 posts - Go to Last Post

There's a problem with the PMs, mate... it seems that they don't work.... are you aware of this issue? It's not really needed right now with such a small member count Eric, but maybe it'll be fixed.... Is it just you working on the bugs here, because Tony seems pretty busy at FFR right now, and Jay seems to be working hard in RL right now... Haven't heard from him in a little while...

EDIT

There also seems to be access issues with the thread on PC versus Macs... some parts of the forum like PMs and some unfinished things may only be accessable to you mate.... or is it a bug?

I'll just keep looking around for crap like this....
Last edited 04-11-2008 at 10:48 PM by Killak.
Thanks for the help, Killak. I just recently renovated the private messaging service so I forgot a few things. It should be working for now. If it doesn't then I'll get some work in tomorrow after I get back from going out of town.

As for the thread on PC versus Mac, I've corrected the problem now.

Let me know what else you see not working for now. I've got a lot to go ahead and fix but reminding me what needs fixin' is pretty awesome. I'll get on these things soon.
Thanks for the help, Killak. I just recently renovated the private messaging service so I forgot a few things. It should be working for now. If it doesn't then I'll get some work in tomorrow after I get back from going out of town.

As for the thread on PC versus Mac, I've corrected the problem now.

Let me know what else you see not working for now. I've got a lot to go ahead and fix but reminding me what needs fixin' is pretty awesome. I'll get on these things soon.
Originally Posted by Eric
Lol, It's fine man... I'm on your team, no? I'll just browse every corner for bugs mate... If I find anything, I'll let you know... I want everything runnin smoothly as quickly as possible, so I'll do my best, Eric....
Lame... PM menu works this time... we've got a problem with sending, is all... It won't do it.....
Yes... the forums DO in fact send the PMs, but it gives no indication to the sender whether or not it's been successful, but rather simply states an error.

In the player tab up top, when trying to access the "staff" subtab, it displays a blank page. Moreover, I don't know if you're doing it only on Athenia, but there is no Invite tab for members here... I'm inviting a friend who would be a splendid reviewer for us... and If you like, I can also contact Dave.... As his knowledge of games is second to none... It's just that he doesn't like taking sides in conflict, but he IS loyal to you, eric...

Is phil around? Cos he's be a welcome addition too, but I haven't seen him since he lurked FFR a couple weeks back when Words was happily destroying it...

That was actually quite epic, I'll give you that...
PM situation resolved, it seems... so good... Just the staff page...

The reviews all seem to work properly, and react as expected when none are present, or when it makes for addition...

As I said... so far, I can only see the staff page as a problem, and the friend system seems backward. When I add you as a buddy and you accept, I get added to your friends list, you don't get added to mine.... and visa versa.
Thank you for the update. Sorry I couldn't get to this yesterday.. I ended up with a similar cold that my girlfriend has been trying to get over for a couple weeks.

I am surprised that the friend system wasn't working properly since I made several successful tests back when I developed the system. I'm hoping to look into this sometime this evening if I am not entirely bogged down by the drugs I'm on for this cold. I can't afford to be sick this week Frown
Thank you for the update. Sorry I couldn't get to this yesterday.. I ended up with a similar cold that my girlfriend has been trying to get over for a couple weeks.

I am surprised that the friend system wasn't working properly since I made several successful tests back when I developed the system. I'm hoping to look into this sometime this evening if I am not entirely bogged down by the drugs I'm on for this cold. I can't afford to be sick this week Frown
Originally Posted by Eric

Cool man... don't worry, and take it in your own time...

Thanks.
I believe the friend system issue has been resolved now. It was an issue that related to older code I was using and forgot to modify/remove. Lemme know if you run into any further issues.
Sorry to be the bringer of more bad news, but searching for members in terms of the letters does not work, and leads to a blank page, the same way as in the Staff page does.

EDIT

And when I posted this post and a few others, the thread did NOT display the post until navigating away and back, or with a further refresh.
.... it seems that the bugs are nearly all found... Charles said he discovered a few warning essages when he registered... as in errors notes... however, I think that may be all... I've been navigating around fine, with the exception of those you haven't fixed yet...
just a suggestion, but some indication on the main page of a new PM might be helpful. something besides the pop-up option that we would still notice. i would have never known that i had new ones if i hadn't accidentally clicked the PM link today.
Thanks for the suggestion. We currently have an icon in the top-right corner of each page which will blink indicating that you have an unread PM. (It's the icon second from the right) You can click on the icon to bring you to your private messages.

I may also work on something for the homepage as well. Let me know if the icon works as a good indicator, because I use that to tell whether or not I have a new PM.
I've been using the icon. It's worked very well for me. Now I'm in the habit of looking up there for blinking when I arrive.

Odd thing, though: the RSS Feed icon won't stop blinking for me. I've tried everything with it, even changing my RSS settings, but it insists that I've unread feeds.
Ah, I see. Yeah that icon (more specifically: the whole "feeds" system) needs some fixing. I'll take a look at that overnight as well. Thanks for letting me know. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account