Show Off Your Gaming Rigs

General Chat

Found 10 posts - Go to Last Post

So we're all gamers, right? Come on, show off where your Halo 3 frags, Grand Theft Auto drive-bys and Guitar Hero chords happen. Mine were from about 2 months ago and I can't say it looks any different now. I also threw in a picture of my computer work area since I work on everything GTN-related there.

Oh and bonus points for whoever can tell me which year my TV was manufactured. Hint: It's slightly younger than me. Oh boy, that's sad. Frown
File Type: jpg
Damn... you've got one Badass computer desk...

Nce 360 too, but not the 1337 version, I notice.... o_O
Yeah, I managed to get this 360 before the elite was ever announced. The elite is such a good deal when compared to the cost of the premium bundle + accessories. The 120 HD costs roughly $180-200 alone, which is already over the price difference between premium and elite. I really need that 120 HD too. I can't stand playing 1-2 demos at a time. Frown
Haha! Looks like you're going to have to upgrade... is there a way of transferring your old saves etc onto the Elite's hard drive? That would be awesome... Not live, as they're online I think, but your offline saves and the like.

I'm getting myself an elite myself. I'll be earning 250 pounds (500 dollars) a week, and first I'll be getting a PS3 for myself, along with MGS4... Then, I'll definitely get a elite with Condemned 2 and GTA4...

I'll even have the cash to get meself an HD TV... with me living at home for the duration of my internship, getting teched up is gonna be a piece of Cake.
Haha! Looks like you're going to have to upgrade... is there a way of transferring your old saves etc onto the Elite's hard drive? That would be awesome... Not live, as they're online I think, but your offline saves and the like.

I'm getting myself an elite myself. I'll be earning 250 pounds (500 dollars) a week, and first I'll be getting a PS3 for myself, along with MGS4... Then, I'll definitely get a elite with Condemned 2 and GTA4...

I'll even have the cash to get meself an HD TV... with me living at home for the duration of my internship, getting teched up is gonna be a piece of Cake.
Originally Posted by Killak
You officially made me jealous. Frown That's awesome though. I could get used to 500 dollars a week. I'm hoping HDTVs drop by winter of next year because I'm dying to get one.
haha! Sorry man! ^^' And to be honest, I don't get the whole... whatever, numbers... degrees of HD or whatever you call em.

What's like, the best HD TV? They always have numbers beside them, and I don't get em.

The internship is only for six months, and it's designed to pay for accomodation too, which I don't have to do, lol. To be honest, 250 pounds a week in London is PEANUTS if you have to rent your place... I'd be left with like... 20 quid for food, which is like enough for two days worth.

I'm sure glad I live in london, or this plan wouldn't be possible... Where was I?

Oh yeah, being a Luddite and being confused about HD. Yeah... explain it please, :-P
I don't know much about it either, but I used to have a 1080i Samsung HDTV. I've heard that 1080p is supposed to be better, but the picture on the 1080i was more than perfect so I don't care of the "i" or "p" interlaced/progressive differences. I do know that if you are going to go HD, don't go for anything less than 1080. There are several HDTVs which are 720, as opposed to 1080. With my experience in front of Wal-Mart TVs (sniping the price, really), the 1080 HDTVs have a much better picture than 720.

If you have some free time, check this out: 720p - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That will give you a much better answer in terms of the difference. :cheers:
"While 1080i has more scan lines than 720p, they do not translate directly into greater vertical resolution. Interlaced video is usually blurred vertically (filtered) to prevent twitter. Twitter is a flickering of fine horizontal lines in a scene, lines that are so fine that they only occur on a single scan line. Because only half the scan lines are drawn per field, fine horizontal lines may be missing entirely from one of the fields, causing them to flicker. Images are blurred vertically to ensure that no detail is only one scan line in height. Therefore, 1080i material does not deliver 1080 scan lines of vertical resolution. However 1080i provides a 1920-pixel horizontal resolution, greater than 720p's 1280 resolution."

WHAT DOES IT ALL MEAN?!

*head explodes*
I don't have a digital camera, so I'll have to use my Logitech Pro 9800 for this.. ;x

Not excellent quality, but it'll do!
Up close and personal on your rig, Jon...

I like it!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account