Japan's Xbox One Day One Edition Details

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 16 posts - Go to Last Post

Japan will be getting the Xbox One on September 4th. What will you get on launch day? Kinect or not?
I wonder how many Americans bought Japanese consoles last generation, they won't have that market.

Maybe the Japanese will appreciate the integrated voice control...
No one in Japan will buy one.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I'll take that bet. What are the stakes?
i thought all x1s were region free so its pointless to buy a japan x1
The Day One Edition Kinect console bundle, which comes with Titanfall and Kinect Sports Rivals, will cost 49,980 yen. An Xbox One without Kinect will cost 39,980 yen.
I'll take that bet. What are the stakes?
Originally Posted by futiles
I cannot bet on my literal statement (that NO ONE) would buy them, but comparatively no one bought them last generation. The reasons for that still exist..

1. Console too big
  2. National pride for Sony/Nintendo products
  3. Japanese prefer handhelds

If we look at the last generation and Xbox 360 sales, which we all know were inflated by importers..

North America: 47.17M
Europe: 25.23M
Japan: 1.66M
Other: 8.44M
Total: 82.5M

Contrast that with the PS3..

North America: 28.51M
Europe: 32.98M
Japan: 10.01M
Other: 11.36M
Total: 82.86M

So worldwide, last gen, when Xbox was seen as the dominant console, it wasn't. It was just crushingly dominant here in the North America. It lost every where else. The original Xbox barely sold a HALF a million in Japan. For the same reasons, it was a huge console made by an American company.

Source
I cannot bet on my literal statement (that NO ONE) would buy them, but comparatively no one bought them last generation. The reasons for that still exist..

1. Console too big
  2. National pride for Sony/Nintendo products
  3. Japanese prefer handhelds

If we look at the last generation and Xbox 360 sales, which we all know were inflated by importers..

North America: 47.17M
Europe: 25.23M
Japan: 1.66M
Other: 8.44M
Total: 82.5M

Contrast that with the PS3..

North America: 28.51M
Europe: 32.98M
Japan: 10.01M
Other: 11.36M
Total: 82.86M

So worldwide, last gen, when Xbox was seen as the dominant console, it wasn't. It was just crushingly dominant here in the North America. It lost every where else. The original Xbox barely sold a HALF a million in Japan. For the same reasons, it was a huge console made by an American company.

Source
I know all of that. But, I was willing to take your statement of literally no one. What also helps with MS and the 360 as the "dominant leader" is the install games ratio. What most gamers on sites like this don't realize/understand, is that consoles have always had a traditionally lower game rate. Many people buy consoles for 5 or less games. At one point, some article I read had the 360 at 4 times the games sold ratio. So, not only did it sell a lot of consoles, but it sold A LOT of games. And since more profit is made in games than anything else, that helped that appearance. Well, the number one feature the article could pinpoint, achievements. Not long after that article saw the update of the PS3 with trophies.
I too am very familiar with attach rates. I never heard the levels you heard, What I recollect was something like..

Xbox 360 ~8.something games
PS3 ~6.something games
Wii ~2.something (Buy your Wii, get your WiiFit and maybe one other game then it never leaves the closet)

AS I mentioned, I've never cared for PS (honestly, it's always been because of the controllers) and Nintendo just breaks my heart. I don't even feel like they are trying to compete. I hate to say it, but I wish they'd pull a SEGA and I could get my Zelda cheevos. I'd rebuy almost everything Nintendo every made if I could get it on Xbox download and it had achievements. Seriously, I would literally buy every single game from the NES, SNES, N64. Do it and I'll start donating my check to them. As is though, I can't buy into their online market except for a few games on my 3DS.
I too am very familiar with attach rates. I never heard the levels you heard, What I recollect was something like..

Xbox 360 ~8.something games
PS3 ~6.something games
Wii ~2.something (Buy your Wii, get your WiiFit and maybe one other game then it never leaves the closet)

AS I mentioned, I've never cared for PS (honestly, it's always been because of the controllers) and Nintendo just breaks my heart. I don't even feel like they are trying to compete. I hate to say it, but I wish they'd pull a SEGA and I could get my Zelda cheevos. I'd rebuy almost everything Nintendo every made if I could get it on Xbox download and it had achievements. Seriously, I would literally buy every single game from the NES, SNES, N64. Do it and I'll start donating my check to them. As is though, I can't buy into their online market except for a few games on my 3DS.
Don't worry, as companies, Nintendo and Sony are really struggling (only the Playstation unit is showing any success for Sony right now - but, Amazing Spider-Man 2 movie has helped). Both have been on bankruptcy watch for a while. Hopefully, MS will have the opportunity to purchase Nintendo, and then you can get your wish!
Interesting

Japanese Retailer: “Xbox One Day One Edition Sold Out in No Time;” Major Retailers Offer Discounts

http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/201...ne-in-giappone

and

Xbox One Manages to Top Multiple Japanese Retailers’ Best Sellers Charts on its Pre-Order Debut

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/...e-order-debut/

---

Go XB1 on Japan :-)
Interesting

Japanese Retailer: “Xbox One Day One Edition Sold Out in No Time;” Major Retailers Offer Discounts

http://www.eurogamer.it/articles/201...ne-in-giappone

and

Xbox One Manages to Top Multiple Japanese Retailers’ Best Sellers Charts on its Pre-Order Debut

http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/06/...e-order-debut/

---

Go XB1 on Japan :-)
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
Thank you google translator. Smile

I'm curious what those raw numbers come to. Is 100k a good launch compared to previous numbers? Or even 10k? I guess we'll see.

I did hear there was a glimpse of Godzilla lately. Between Godzilla and Futiles, they both might consider the XBOX One as a handheld.
I did hear there was a glimpse of Godzilla lately. Between Godzilla and Futiles, they both might consider the XBOX One as a handheld.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Are you saying it isn't?
Thank you google translator. Smile

I'm curious what those raw numbers come to. Is 100k a good launch compared to previous numbers? Or even 10k? I guess we'll see.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I don't know but I sure hope I'm wrong about the future sales in Japan. I want more JRPGs, the early ones in 360 were some of my favorites of the entire generation.
I don't know but I sure hope I'm wrong about the future sales in Japan. I want more JRPGs, the early ones in 360 were some of my favorites of the entire generation.
I just figured you wanted more visual novels.
Yeah that was an awesome time, JRPGs were coming out of nowhere.

I hope it does well over there, i'm looking forward to buying more imports, i'm thankful i don't have to get another system to play them on, having to explain to your wife why do i own 2 PAL and 2 JPN 360s wasn't fun at all.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account