General Chat

Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Did you open this to see what it had to say

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 20 (33.90%) yes i was curious

× 39 (66.10%) no i just wanted to vote

• Added 07-25-2015 02:46 AM
  • 59 votes
ok i been playing games pretty much all my life. i fell in love Xbox then fell deeper in love with Xbox when the achievements came. but i had my XBL account for fives years. so a lot of money and time went into just like you. but i have xbox gamer friends in real life an then pretty much call me a achievement whore. im also to 70,000 but some friends are busting they're 10,000 or 20,000 gamer score. then the other day i was playing a game with someone. and someone was talking to him about something about me and he said she is a achievement hunter. much nicer then being called a whore lol then on top of that i post a status update on ta an a couple of friends put they're 2 cents in which was unique an loved them both an wish ta had a like or love it button like Facebook lol since u opened this just to read rumble an hopefully it was entertaining for you but the original i was trying to get at was....

What have you been called pos or neg?

i just wanna feel im not the only one that has experienced it
i forgot to mention what was said on ta comments... achievement assassin (i think they were playing on my GT) an achievement collector
For me both pos and neg. I love Xbox and the chevos are a great addition. Now really I like the challenges so I'd call myself a challenge hunter not that there are many of those around from some of the posts on challenges that I've read many don't like the challenges.
Personally I hate the connotation of Whore in any context, it's just not a nice word to begin with, aesthetically, sounded out, written even the meaning of the word. I've always likened myself to be an achievement hunter myself, but unfortunately the word whore has come to some popularity. There was even a website called achievementwhore.com at one point but I just looked and it seems to be gone.. I don't mind. I have herd my friends and other random people call themselves achievement whores and I always chime in about the usage of the word, but not as a nag just as a concerned gamer. I've told people my opinion on it and have opened some eyes and other just don't care. I do care but not enough to rant and rave, to each their own, people will be people and do and say what they please in most cases. If that is who you are ok, but to me the usage of the word whore is like using fowl language, ok at times for impact or comedy but over used, just make you look unintelligent. Besides gamers mostly have a bad reputation anyway of having no lives, especially if your gamer score is pretty high that is the reason for these types of communities, so like minded people can get together. I am a nit picker though I'll admit that. I hate it when people call it anything other than an achievement, I hate all the slang for it, but like I say to each their own.
yes I have a few friends who poke fun at my gamer score but its all good they are just envious.
I have to admit, I'm easily amused by fowl language myself... Big Bird is the worst... Smile
For me both pos and neg. I love Xbox and the chevos are a great addition. Now really I like the challenges so I'd call myself a challenge hunter not that there are many of those around from some of the posts on challenges that I've read many don't like the challenges.
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
i am one of those ppl that dont do challenges. i would like them more if they didnt expire. unlike some ppl i dont always have the money to get them new to get them completed
yes I have a few friends who poke fun at my gamer score but its all good they are just envious.
Originally Posted by Lord Kirken Morder
i so like your reply or answer or comment or whatever you want to call it lol
Personally I hate the connotation of Whore in any context, it's just not a nice word to begin with, aesthetically, sounded out, written even the meaning of the word. I've always likened myself to be an achievement hunter myself, but unfortunately the word whore has come to some popularity. There was even a website called achievementwhore.com at one point but I just looked and it seems to be gone.. I don't mind. I have herd my friends and other random people call themselves achievement whores and I always chime in about the usage of the word, but not as a nag just as a concerned gamer. I've told people my opinion on it and have opened some eyes and other just don't care. I do care but not enough to rant and rave, to each their own, people will be people and do and say what they please in most cases. If that is who you are ok, but to me the usage of the word whore is like using fowl language, ok at times for impact or comedy but over used, just make you look unintelligent. Besides gamers mostly have a bad reputation anyway of having no lives, especially if your gamer score is pretty high that is the reason for these types of communities, so like minded people can get together. I am a nit picker though I'll admit that. I hate it when people call it anything other than an achievement, I hate all the slang for it, but like I say to each their own.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
im here there with you. i dont like the word whore myself an it doesnt matter how you put it but i have been called achievement whore more than whore itself lol
im here there with you. i dont like the word whore myself an it doesnt matter how you put it but i have been called achievement whore more than whore itself lol
Originally Posted by assassincreed83
Well that is a good thing then.
Well that is a good thing then.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
yes it is!
I have only ever been called a gameing nerd when it comes to games.
Outside of gaming I have been called every demeaning word.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account