We lost 2 more badges

General Chat

Found 36 posts - Go to Last Post

Looks like the badge count has now dropped from 385 to 383. If we are going to lose badges can we at least have some form of notification in the News & Announcement section of the site when this happens? It would also be nice to know why.
I show 388. What the?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
I show 383

http://www.gamertagnation.com/badges/
I just searched through the badges, and just by eyeball I cant see any that are missing...
I just searched through the badges, and just by eyeball I cant see any that are missing...
Originally Posted by Preludecris
It's going to be hard to figure out which badges were removed off the top of your head unless your Rainman or have a saved a copy of all the badges prior. Kanes will probably know being the badge leader.
well considering my badge count hasn't changed I doubt we lost any.
well considering my badge count hasn't changed I doubt we lost any.
No, there were 385 total badges last week. Just as there were 388 the week before. Eric has already confirmed the 3 that were removed to go from 388 to 385. They were old badges, retired before many of the current active members signed up. So, this is likely a similar situation.

Yes, Kaens will probably know exactly which two were removed.
ah I get it. sorry brain fart there for a second. well I noticed that he retired the 'Zombified' badge that were technically supposed to be earning if we win the Fitness Challege Cycle 2. So dafuq?
TheOne Ring to Rule Them All - Complete any game in the Lord of the Rings Series - this badge is missing
my bad this badge is still active

Myspace Not Yours - Connect your account to Myspace - this badge is missing

EDIT: when I mean missing, I mean they are not there at all, not just retired.
Last edited 09-14-2015 at 05:57 PM by Preludecris.
One Ring to Rule Them All - Complete any game in the Lord of the Rings Series - this badge is missing

Hmm.

I kind of get the MySpace one going away, but the LotR one seems odd.
Hmm.

I kind of get the MySpace one going away, but the LotR one seems odd.
Originally Posted by futiles
Well even the Myspace one is odd, hence the OpenID badge is still there but retired...

I never used OpenID not even once, hell I didn't even know it existed. lol
Well even the Myspace one is odd, hence the OpenID badge is still there but retired...

I never used OpenID not even once, hell I didn't even know it existed. lol
Actually, you very well might, since Google (at least for a LONG time) were all OpenID based logins. As well as WordPress and a few other backend community logins. Which is why the badge was broken, as you basically could not get the OpenID to work without it tunneling you to the other badge it was associated with.
Actually, you very well might, since Google (at least for a LONG time) were all OpenID based logins. As well as WordPress and a few other backend community logins. Which is why the badge was broken, as you basically could not get the OpenID to work without it tunneling you to the other badge it was associated with.
Originally Posted by futiles
Ah, makes sense.
One Ring to Rule Them All - Complete any game in the Lord of the Rings Series - this badge is missing

EDIT: when I mean missing, I mean they are not there at all, not just retired.
made a mistake here. It's The One Ring to Rule Them All that badge is there. updated previous post, still don't see the myspace badge. I must be blind. just trying to figure this out.
made a mistake here. It's The One Ring to Rule Them All that badge is there. updated previous post, still don't see the myspace badge. I must be blind. just trying to figure this out.
It would be easier if Eric just told us. We shouldn't have to be detectives to figure this out.
It would be easier if Eric just told us. We shouldn't have to be detectives to figure this out.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I agree but I'm bored at work. Smile
ah I get it. sorry brain fart there for a second. well I noticed that he retired the 'Zombified' badge that were technically supposed to be earning if we win the Fitness Challege Cycle 2. So dafuq?
This was a foreseen issue. This badge was (in my hopes) supposed to be repurposed or redesigned, not retired, maybe Eric has something else in mind. There will be a new badge to win. To clarify: It was my hopes that this badge and the previous badge would simply be replaced by whatever new badge was put in place and all previous winners would not have the chance to double dip (so to say). This may still be the case but let me check in and find out exactly what is happening. If nothing does occur the winners will be awarded the Challenge, What Challenge badge at the very least.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Maybe there is a badge for figuring it out...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account