GTN Fitness Gamer Group (Cycle 3)

General Chat

That's right folks, it's getting time to set up the next cycle of the GTN Fitness Gamer competition!

The ultimate reward for Cylce 3 will be the exclusive and super-rare badge originally created for GTN's Hosted challenges For The WIn

!!!! | (formerly Zombified)

That's right. The winner will not only obtain a greater physique and self confidence, but one of the rarest badges on the site. But only if we get 5 participants to enter and play!

A rare badge. If that isn't incentive enough, I don't know what is!

And you know what's even better? This cycle will be abbreviated just for the holidays! Instead of 10 weeks, this one will only be 5. That way the New Years Resolution cycle can start Jan. 1st.

Here's the Rules:
Start-up: Signing up to the competition ensures each player 10 points for thier balance. Upon completion of goals and challenges, the total will increase and at the end, a winner will be announced! Participants will also be penalized for not playing.

Participation Challenges: Each week will have a specific goal in order to earn that week's participation point. It could be as simple as earning a set gamerscore or a certain number of achievements. They will change from week to week and will be worth 1-2 points.

Bonus Challenges: Each week will also have an optional bonus challenges that will require a more dedicated effort to earn these points. The may be very specific to certain games and will have special requirements, but they are worth more points, from 1-3.

Leader Bonus: Each week, a certain goal will be set that only one player can achieve, whether it be the most gamerscore, or the most achievements earned. Either way, only one player will be awarded these points, from 1-2.

Particpation penalties. Every player will be issued 10 points at the beginning of the cycle. For each week that that a member does not participate, point(s) will de deducted from thier balance. Any player who reaches 0 points after enough penalties will be disqualified and no longer tracked.

Partial Participation: Simply playing and earning achievements, but failing to meet any goals will award a partial participation honor, indicating no scoreboard points earned or taken away. Any player who reaches 0 points after enough penalties will be disqualified and no longer tracked.

Members signed up so far:
B8TINGU
Fshguy
Marvzmitts
NicK2oo6
porschephiliac
preludecris

Schedule for Cycle 3:

Week One: November 16th to 22nd
Participation Goal: Earn 200 Gamerscore from Kinect games - 2 points
Bonus Goal: Earn the 200 kinect gs from the same game - 2 points
Leader goal: Earn the most kinect achievements for the week - 1 point
No Participation Penalty: -2 points

Scoreboard for Week One
porschephiliac--- 5 (Particpation, Bonus, Leader)
Nick2oo6------ 0 (Partial Participation)
B8TINGU ----- -2 (No Participation Penalty)
fshguy---------- -2 (No Participation Penalty)
MarvzMitts ---- -2 (No Participation Penalty)
preludecris--- -2 (No Participation Penalty
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Week Two: November 23rd to 29th
Participation Goal: Earn 10 achievements from Kinect games - 2 points
Bonus Goal: Earn 5 achievements in 2 different Kinect games each - 2 points
Leader goal: Earn the most kinect gamerscore for the week - 1 point

Scoreboard for Week Two
porschephiliac--- 1 (Leader, Partial Particpation)
Nick2oo6---------- -2 (No Participation Penalty)
B8TINGU--------- - 2 (No Participation Penalty)
MarvZMitts------- - 2 (No Participation Penalty)
Fshguy------------ - 2 (No Participation Penalty)
preludecris------- - 2 (No Participation Penalty)

Week Three: November 30th to December 6th
Participation Goal: Earn 300 Gamerscore from Kinect games - 2 points
Bonus Goal: Earn 100 gs from 3 different Kinect games - 2 points
Leader goal: Earn the most kinect achievements for the week - 1 point

Scoreboard for Week Three
B8TINGU--------- 3 (Leader, Particpation)
Nick2oo6---------- 0 (Partial Participation)
porschephiliac--- -2 (No Participation Penalty)

Week Four: December 7th to 13th
Participation Goal: Earn 15 achievements from Kinect games - 2 points
Bonus Goal: Earn the 15 Kinect achievements from the same game - 2 points
Leader goal: Earn the most kinect gamerscore for the week without exceeding 15 achievements - 1 point

Scoreboard for Week Four
B8TINGU--------- 3 (Leader, Particpation)
Nick2oo6---------- -2 (No Participation Penalty)
porschephiliac--- -2 (No Participation Penalty)

Week Five: December 14th to 20th
Participation Goal: Earn 400 Gamerscore from Kinect games - 2 points
Bonus Goal: Earn the 200 kinect gs each from 2 kinect games - 2 points
Leader goal: Earn the most kinect achievements for the week without exceeding 400gs - 1 point

Scoreboard for Week Five
TBD

This will be a short and sweet challenge that will allow you to stay in shape especially through the holidays. After Christmas is up and we are ready for New Years, Cycle 4 will begin on Jan 1.

Scoreboard after Week Four:
B8TINGU------- 12
porschephiliac--- 12
B8TINGU------- 9
NicK2oo6--------- 6
Fshguy---------- 2
Marvzmitts------- 2
preludecris------- 2

Gamerscore Board after Week Four:
B8TINGU------- 525 (+150)
porschephiliac--- 250 (+0)
Nick2oo6--------- 60 (+20)
Fshguy---------- 0 (+0)
Marvzmitts------- 0 (+0)
preludecris------- 0 (+0)

Achievement Board after Week Four:
B8TINGU------- 28 (+6)
porschephiliac--- 8 (+0)
NicK2oo6--------- 4 (+1)
B8TINGU------- 0 (+0)
Fshguy---------- 0 (+0)
Marvzmitts------- 0 (+0)
preludecris------- 0 (+0)
Last edited 12-14-2015 at 07:01 PM by porschephiliac. Reason: Schedule defined and added.
I know I sort of flaked on you last time, but I'm in this time, full title boogie.
I know I sort of flaked on you last time, but I'm in this time, full title boogie.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
You better be - it's yours to lose Wink lol
I think we need to bully Big Nev and the others a little...lol. See if they want to "man up" this time. But with such a small community. I bet if we offered a game or cons as a prize there would be a lot more people signing up...lol
I think we need to bully Big Nev and the others a little...lol. See if they want to "man up" this time. But with such a small community. I bet if we offered a game or cons as a prize there would be a lot more people signing up...lol
What do you have in mind? I have a download code for CoD Black Ops II I may never use... I may be swayed into offering that (if anyone cares...)
What do you have in mind? I have a download code for CoD Black Ops II I may never use... I may be swayed into offering that (if anyone cares...)
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Hmm.. Well I wasn't quite thinking of that, it was more of a sarcastic remark in hopes people would see it, but it's up to you on that. It could make things interesting.. If you're not going to use it and it being the holidays. Maybe even help drum up some business from other sites, get people to come over and notice us or get in evolved and see what were about?
Hmm.. Well I wasn't quite thinking of that, it was more of a sarcastic remark in hopes people would see it, but it's up to you on that. It could make things interesting.. If you're not going to use it and it being the holidays. Maybe even help drum up some business from other sites, get people to come over and notice us or get in evolved and see what were about?
I haven't decided whether or not to use - I have had it for a bit when I got the new 360. I don't know. I will hit up TA and see if i can get any traffic from there, but since all my TA friends are pretty much here already, it may not be productive. Still worth a shot! I should do a blog post or something, eh?
I haven't decided whether or not to use - I have had it for a bit when I got the new 360. I don't know. I will hit up TA and see if i can get any traffic from there, but since all my TA friends are pretty much here already, it may not be productive. Still worth a shot! I should do a blog post or something, eh?
Blog on Ta asking if you should use it and how many people would be interested and or to tell their friends to join up? Wouldn't hurt to ask. Just make sure you don't look like you're asking to start a spam campaign.
That's a good idea. My blog is minimal however, so how do I promote it to enough readers?
That's a good idea. My blog is minimal however, so how do I promote it to enough readers?
Let them know to tell their friends? or maybe post it to your TA status?
This was a big oopsie
Last edited 11-05-2015 at 03:12 PM by porschephiliac.
And so was this.
Last edited 11-05-2015 at 03:13 PM by porschephiliac.
shouldn't this have been posted in the Cycle 2 thread??
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Must be the meds Big Grin
Hello. I`m new to this site... how it works? I can play any Kinect games (xbox360) and make achivments?
I would love to play with others too...
My gamertag is: NicK2oo6
Hello. I`m new to this site... how it works? I can play any Kinect games (xbox360) and make achivments?
I would love to play with others too...
My gamertag is: NicK2oo6
Originally Posted by NicK2oo6
Nick, you're added to cycle 3. I am still setting up the schedule for it. I will keep you updated as best as I can.
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Yup. My bad. I will remedy ASAP.
I am just going to point out that if we want this cycle to start, we need at least 5 members participating. Otherwise, there will be no badge awarded,

So far we have 4:
B8TINGU
NicK2oo6
porschephiliac
preludecris

So at least one more and we will be able to badge someone, like Jeff...who really wanted it cycle 2, but mean ole Cris had to dash his hopes...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account