Funny Star Wars Thread

General Chat

Ok, I know we have a 'Random Pic Thread' but I thought we could dedicate this thread to Star wars only. The new movie will be out soon so lets posts some funny shit about star wars until then or forever lol. This will be open to everything like videos, memes, jokes, pictures, gifs, etc etc, but please keep it star wars specific.

I laugh hard every time this pops up somewhere. I love it.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac

hahahahaha!
I don't think that's a good visualization of gun control, Luke...
holy crap this is super old, but its awesome.

Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
Funny enough, not all of it is non-canon. (Which is awesome, for me.)

Only the stuff after RotJ is. All of the books for/during the prequels and between movies is still considered part of the story.

AWESOME.
Are the books official cannon? Cause I could easily say the books don't matter at all, and others could say half the movies don't matter. Who gets to say?
Are the books official cannon? Cause I could easily say the books don't matter at all, and others could say half the movies don't matter. Who gets to say?
Originally Posted by Kaens
The owners of the IP.

Lucasfilm, prior to acquisition by Disney, declared with the transition to Bantham and later Del Ray publishers, that all fictional work publisher after Heir to the Empire was considered part of the established story, and called it the Expanded Universe (EU). This included comics, video games, novels, animated programming, and even toys. (And this was because there was an official approval process for all story arcs, character developments, and they must be maintained across stories. They did a decent job, but, you still ran into a few inconsistencies)

With Disney's purchase of Lucasfilm, and the announced restart of films, it declared that any fictional work that takes place after Return of the Jedi would not be considered as part of their ongoing story development. This essentially declared everything from the Truce at Bakura on as an alternate reality.

Shockingly, this upset some fans.

Honestly, some of the stuff put out is great. Some of it is crap. The EU really did give Star Wars a new life when it was easily at its least popular. Heir to the Empire came out when there was pretty much no other anything Star Wars happening. It showed there was still a desire for content. But, for every quality addition to the universe, there are 3-5 shitstorms.

I can't help but wonder, though, does that mean that Shadows of the Empire is still considered cannon?

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account