A way to group achievements in some games

Feature Requests

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

I think it would be great if we could group achievements in some special games. Some games have multiple games or have what was DLC before. Most of the time, it's not possible to tell what achievement is revelant to what game/DLC (I've shot so many vending machines in Control before realising it was in a "DLC" when I wondered if I was doing something wrong), and when devs are nice enough to prefix the description, achievements can be scrambled. I have 3 cases scenario:

Case 1: Collection games. Let's take Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix. There are 197 achievements divided into 4 games. In this case, all achievements would be in a group

Case 2: Collection games with extra achievements. Mass Effect Legendary Edition have achievements in specific games plus some working across all games. In this case only some would be grouped

Case 3: Remasters with DLC included. BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition has the three DLCs included so it's normal that those achievements are included in base game. In this case, previous DLC would be grouped

On you-know-where, grouping is done in a very missable filter option that I don't find convenient. Using the existing DLC feature might be a solution but it might confuse people to think there are more things to buy when all is included.
I think it would be great if we could group achievements in some special games. Some games have multiple games or have what was DLC before. Most of the time, it's not possible to tell what achievement is revelant to what game/DLC (I've shot so many vending machines in Control before realising it was in a "DLC" when I wondered if I was doing something wrong), and when devs are nice enough to prefix the description, achievements can be scrambled. I have 3 cases scenario:

Case 1: Collection games. Let's take Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 Remix. There are 197 achievements divided into 4 games. In this case, all achievements would be in a group

Case 2: Collection games with extra achievements. Mass Effect Legendary Edition have achievements in specific games plus some working across all games. In this case only some would be grouped

Case 3: Remasters with DLC included. BioShock Infinite: The Complete Edition has the three DLCs included so it's normal that those achievements are included in base game. In this case, previous DLC would be grouped

On you-know-where, grouping is done in a very missable filter option that I don't find convenient. Using the existing DLC feature might be a solution but it might confuse people to think there are more things to buy when all is included.
Originally Posted by Lianhua
To make these filters work (except in games where the achievements are prefixed with which portion they are from) someone would have to go into each game and add some kind of tag to each achievement for which group it belongs to, right? So, it wouldn't be any kind of automated process. Right now, how big is that team? Eric, Balverine, and Marv? I think that would impact how quickly something like this could get spun up. Sounds like a good idea, but, might be time consuming to get up to speed.
Well, yes I agree and I'm not expecting the team to review each game to make groups. It's more something added slowly by user submissions
Adding the tags to groups of achievements should not be an issue. Eric would have to code it so that we can then create special tags that would group achievements for one game in a collection.

I would imagine that maybe the Halo: The Master Chief Collection game would fall into this category as well.
I wonder if he'd be able to code it similar to how DLC is set up, just tied to the main game.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account