Buy Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare on Xbox 360 to score a Xbox One copy

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare

Found 27 posts - Go to Last Post

Activision has announced that you will be able to upgrade your digitial copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare from last-gen console to current-gen console for FREE within the same console family only by March 31st, 2015.

As fans around the world are gearing up to enter a new era of combat this November, we have great news for those of you who plan to secure your copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare digitally. Until March 31st, 2015, if you buy a digital copy of Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare, you will be able to download the next-gen version within the same console family for FREE.

Your Season Pass will also transfer from last-gen to your current-gen console for free, within the same console family only. The offer to transfer your Season Pass or any DLC has no deadline.

In addition, if you purchase the Collector’s Edition and receive the Atlas Gorge map, that map will transfer from last-gen to next-gen at no additional cost.

Also, if you upgrade from last-gen to current-gen, you will still own the license to play the game on both consoles.

For more details, including an FAQ, visit the Call of Duty site here:

http://www.callofduty.com/advancedwarfare/free-upgrade
This might get me to buy the game sooner rather than later
I completely forgot to do this for Destiny. Stupid ass impulse buys Frown
I completely forgot to do this for Destiny. Stupid ass impulse buys Frown
Originally Posted by Kaens
I foresee a Gamefly rental in my future of the 360 version of Destiny. Either that, or I wait until next Achievement Fest.

Wait, you bought Destiny?
This is only really cool if it works like Destiny does. Play for a little while on the X1, get some achievements, open the 360 version and immediately get all those achievements...
that's pretty cool that they are doing that
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Yes is awesome
I foresee a Gamefly rental in my future of the 360 version of Destiny. Either that, or I wait until next Achievement Fest.

Wait, you bought Destiny?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Yeah, I sent you that video of me NOT playing it remember? :P
I hate that that they are limiting that to digital download only, it's like they are forcing digital download age on us. They should at least give massive discounts to those that buy a hard copy and want to buy a second copy for the next Gen systems.
I hate that that they are limiting that to digital download only, it's like they are forcing digital download age on us. They should at least give massive discounts to those that buy a hard copy and want to buy a second copy for the next Gen systems.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
It is because there is so much less cost associated with digital. Giving two copies of a digital game for the price of one can actually be MORE profitable than selling two physical discs at full price. So, yes, they are forcing the extremely wonderful digital age upon us by giving us more for less in many ways.
So, yes, they are forcing the extremely wonderful digital age upon us by giving us more for less in many ways.
Originally Posted by futiles
Mark my words, in about 10 years your going to be cursing those very words, when you want to play the old school 360 and or ONE games you digitally downloaded and you can't because all the servers and the information is gone. I know the arguments but in my opinion I think it's just a big waste of money. I guess that's just the collector in me.
Mark my words, in about 10 years your going to be cursing those very words, when you want to play the old school 360 and or ONE games you digitally downloaded and you can't because all the servers and the information is gone. I know the arguments but in my opinion I think it's just a big waste of money. I guess that's just the collector in me.
I will lay money on it. Whatever amount you want, that I will never be disappointed by my decision.
As a guy that's 100% digital (cept f'n Skylanders), I'm not at all worried about it. Out of curiosity, do you have the same worries about all your iTunes music or your Kindle books? We're talking about Apple, MS, and Amazon. If I bought my games on GoG I would be worried, even if I bought them on Steam I'd have some concern, but not the others.
Nothing personal, it's a business decision. I'd be curious to see the percentage of people that go back 10 years to play an old game in it's original form. I'm a heavy user of Gamefly, so I'll be sad when there is no more physical media to rent. But then again, I rarely go back to old games.
Nothing personal, it's a business decision. I'd be curious to see the percentage of people that go back 10 years to play an old game in it's original form. I'm a heavy user of Gamefly, so I'll be sad when there is no more physical media to rent. But then again, I rarely go back to old games.
Since I have already established that as a group, the gamers that make up 360voice, TA, AchivementHounds, GTN, etc make up 1% of all gamers, and not all of us would fall into that category, it is literally not a demographic any of the game companies care about at all.
This is only really cool if it works like Destiny does. Play for a little while on the X1, get some achievements, open the 360 version and immediately get all those achievements...
Originally Posted by futiles
Probably not, different type of game. Remember that they already did this for Ghosts. My 360 achievements and saves did not transfer between consoles. Multiplayer stats might have, but I don't play COD MP.

If I had held off my Destiny preorder for a day to take advantage of the dual offer, I would have easily made this my 3rd $60 digital purchase for the Xbox rewards offer. But since I didn't, I'll wait and see if the digital price drops before march 2015
I prefer having a disk version as well, but this seems like a pretty good deal
I know the arguments but in my opinion I think it's just a big waste of money. I guess that's just the collector in me.
@ Keans: yes I so have that same concern but, not as much Music is vastly cheaper and to prove my point I have already lost some music that I have bought between phones.. whilst using the same provider.

@Fshguy: Yes, I'm a collector and as long as there is a good game to play I will go back and play it. That's what I have a substantial original X-Box games collection.

@futiles: Yes I know.. like I said I know the arguments and your probably 100% dead on right with your reasoning but we collectors can hope and stick together..

Heck we have Flashback Intellivision now!! There is hope in 40 years there will be Flashback 360's...lol.. I'm like one of those radicals though so I know my argument is like throwing a pebble at brick wall.
@ Keans: yes I so have that same concern but, not as much Music is vastly cheaper and to prove my point I have already lost some music that I have bought between phones.. whilst using the same provider.

@Fshguy: Yes, I'm a collector and as long as there is a good game to play I will go back and play it. That's what I have a substantial original X-Box games collection.

@futiles: Yes I know.. like I said I know the arguments and your probably 100% dead on right with your reasoning but we collectors can hope and stick together..

Heck we have Flashback Intellivision now!! There is hope in 40 years there will be Flashback 360's...lol.. I'm like one of those radicals though so I know my argument is like throwing a pebble at brick wall.
But the flashback stuff is not really going back and playing the games in their original forms. And of course that content will be "available" as long as enough people want it. Of course there will be plenty of rereleases. I think eventually remote game streaming will be feasible and probably more cost effective to get you that "fix" of nostalgia.
But the flashback stuff is not really going back and playing the games in their original forms. And of course that content will be "available" as long as enough people want it. Of course there will be plenty of rereleases. I think eventually remote game streaming will be feasible and probably more cost effective to get you that "fix" of nostalgia.
Well, OnLive works, and works pretty well, there just isn't the userbase, yet.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account