Problems with referral tracker

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 21 posts - Go to Last Post

Info Needed
Another tracker that isn't working properly for me.

So I have done four referrals right? Wrong!

I've had five, none recent.
Unfortunately I can not help on this issue, I'm not a programmer, but I to want to express my tracker is also a bit fudged.

I have the 10/10 badge but... on the tracker for the next two badges I have 17/??? listed and I only have 10 gamers referred.. even thought I do have 11 gamers referred. It seems to be missing my referral for http://www.gamertagnation.com/member...g/?do=gamertag

I brought the missing referral up once a long time ago.. but was not worried to much about it, but I would like to have that attributed to me at some point. I have looked and added me as the referrer to that account listed, but it didn't help.
Talk to Fsh on how to get so many referrals it doesn't matter what the counter is... he has all the Sharing is Caring badges,,,
OK, you ready for my weird math?

The first example, you had 5, on 9-25-2013, 2-17-2014 (twice), 7-12-2014, and 12-14-2014. 4 dates. 5 referrals on 4 dates, and your counter was 4.

Second example, you had 8, on 9-25-2013, 2-17-2014 (twice), 7-12-2014, 12-14-2014, 1-16-2015, and 2-18-2015 (twice). 6 dates. 8 referrals on 6 dates, and your counter was 6.

The counter is counting dates in which referrals were made.
Woah, I hope that's truly the reason because Fsh can fix that one. Smile
Woah, I hope that's truly the reason because Fsh can fix that one. Smile
Originally Posted by Kaens
I actually wonder if your forum post counts issue is similar. Since you usually bulk post bugs, I wonder if posts from the same day/hour/interval are counting as a single "tally" in your forum counts.
I actually wonder if your forum post counts issue is similar. Since you usually bulk post bugs, I wonder if posts from the same day/hour/interval are counting as a single "tally" in your forum counts.
Originally Posted by futiles
I can see this being a possibility for the forum counts.

I just don't see that happening with the referrals, most likely my count would have been off more than 5 out of 196 I have.

And for some reason, I don't see Kaen's numbers being off...
Status changed to 'Info Needed' - I have no idea how to reproduce this.
Status changed to 'Info Needed' - I have no idea how to reproduce this.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
So other than showing you the two snapshots of it happening to me, I don't know what else I can provide. Maybe if you change the link on 360v to mine so I get some more we can look at it together Wink

Now I'm thinking, if YOU see it correctly, do you see it at 8 or 6? Assuming you see the 8 (since that's the real number), maybe it's the tracker that is displaying incorrectly? If what you see is 6, then maybe 2 people are in a pending state because they didn't verify or link a gamertag or something else that triggers the tracker to increment?
So other than showing you the two snapshots of it happening to me, I don't know what else I can provide. Maybe if you change the link on 360v to mine so I get some more we can look at it together Wink

Now I'm thinking, if YOU see it correctly, do you see it at 8 or 6? Assuming you see the 8 (since that's the real number), maybe it's the tracker that is displaying incorrectly? If what you see is 6, then maybe 2 people are in a pending state because they didn't verify or link a gamertag or something else that triggers the tracker to increment?
It would appear that a small percentage of people are going down a different path and there's a bug in that path. Not many referrals coming off of 360voice now. Been over two weeks since the last one.

Your tracker should be right now, I fixed the numbers. Only 11 people total had bad numbers.
It would appear that a small percentage of people are going down a different path and there's a bug in that path. Not many referrals coming off of 360voice now. Been over two weeks since the last one.

Your tracker should be right now, I fixed the numbers. Only 11 people total had bad numbers.
So only 11 people sounds like a very small number, however, how many people have referrals? I bet the percentage of people impacted sounds much worse than "less than a dozen". Thanks for fixing it!
So only 11 people sounds like a very small number, however, how many people have referrals? I bet the percentage of people impacted sounds much worse than "less than a dozen". Thanks for fixing it!
So, out of those 11, none had earned a next level badge.

But if you look at the badge counts, only 9 people have the 10 referral badge, so probably most people with referrals were affected, just not in a material way.
/bump

Still a problem, I got another referal a few weeks ago and all of the trackers say I'm at 8 when I have 9.
I know one of my referrals did not count towards the badge total aswell
/bump

Still a problem, I got another referal a few weeks ago and all of the trackers say I'm at 8 when I have 9.
All of your referrals belong to me...
All of your referrals belong to me...
I knew you were sabotaging me so you could take the lead.
I knew you were sabotaging me so you could take the lead.
I figured you would find some way to get to 10 referrals once I pass you again.
I figured you would find some way to get to 10 referrals once I pass you again.
Well I'm sitting at 9 for a reason.
Well I'm sitting at 9 for a reason.
I thought you said you had 8.... You might as well take care of it.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account