Website Design Ideas

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 25 posts - Go to Last Post

Go figure, I have some some ideas for improvements to the website design.

1) Bread Crumb at Top Doesn't Link on Last Crumb
2) Thread View Doesn't Have "First" And "Last" Buttons
3) Game Library Doesn't Filter (e.g. "By Completion Percentage")
4) Possible "Landing Page" Option Added to Profile Settings (e.g. Landing on Forums/Games/Leaderboard by Default)

Of course, this also adds functionality which is added work. Only suggestions though. I'll continue to add to this list as I see more.
Why would you want it to link to the last item, since the last item is the page you are currently on? I'm not sure I see a need for that.
What's a bread crumb?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
At the top of the page you see:

Home / Site Forums / Issues & Bug Reports / Website Design Ideas

Home links to GTN main page
Site Forums links to generic forums page
Issues &... links to specific forum
Website Design Ideas is not a link because that is the page we are on.
It seems unnecessary but I'm so OCD that it bugs me. Especially when I want to quickly get to the first page of a 75 page thread. I actually built bread crumb and pagination before they had terminology to describe them. (I'm that old)
It seems unnecessary but I'm so OCD that it bugs me. Especially when I want to quickly get to the first page of a 75 page thread. I actually built bread crumb and pagination before they had terminology to describe them. (I'm that old)
Originally Posted by Anthony
You should get together with Kaens...
What about username highlighting/linking? It's simple enough. You can just asynchronously check input before the POST method by keyword, looking specifically against a cache of usernames and associated IDs; ultimately replacing the name with a hyperlink to its relative member profile. Boom crushed it lmao.
What about username highlighting/linking? It's simple enough. You can just asynchronously check input before the POST method by keyword, looking specifically against a cache of usernames and associated IDs; ultimately replacing the name with a hyperlink to its relative member profile. Boom crushed it lmao.
Your username does link to your profile.
In your post contents? No it does not.

Example:
GTN Eric
Anthony

Nope nada.

Edit:
I may have this topic in the wrong forum category. Can someone move it over to Feature Requests?
Last edited 06-12-2015 at 02:19 PM by Anthony.
Eric was actively working on this a month or so back, not just for the forums, but in our activity feeds. Fsh was saying you should get with me and I have my 40+ leaderboard for us old folks (see sig for link).
Great minds think alike! Right on, it's good to see I'm not the old guy running around here. I may join up and start helping soon, I spoke to Eric a little while ago and told him I was on his site causing hell lol.
In your post contents? No it does not.

Example:
GTN Eric
Anthony

Nope nada.

Edit:
I may have this topic in the wrong forum category. Can someone move it over to Feature Requests?
I see what you are suggesting now. I'm actually in favor of LESS social networking like features, but, to each his own.
Eric and I came up with social networking concepts before Mark Zuckerberg knew who the creator of PHP was. (Rasmus Lerdorf circa '98)
Eric and I came up with social networking concepts before Mark Zuckerberg knew who the creator of PHP was. (Rasmus Lerdorf circa '98)
OK...

Not really sure the point in that, but, even if we were in he 90s, my statement would stand. I dislike social network type features on sites like this.
The point was the "social media" didn't exist when we started our projects. Do you think Facebook was the first start asynchronous member chat on their project? Nope. Private messages? Nope. As a matter of fact all functionality on most "social media" websites has been already developed by forum software developers like Eric and myself. Therefore I have never reflected the functionality of any "social media" website. Purely coincidental. And if it was the 90's, the term was never coined nor was the features. Naysaying functional ideas aren't ways to innovate on projects either, therefore I would really reconsider your approach by tossing out more ideas yourself. Right? Smile
The point was the "social media" didn't exist when we started our projects. Do you think Facebook was the first start asynchronous member chat on their project? Nope. Private messages? Nope. As a matter of fact all functionality on most "social media" websites has been already developed by forum software developers like Eric and myself. Therefore I have never reflected the functionality of any "social media" website. Purely coincidental. And if it was the 90's, the term was never coined nor was the features. Naysaying functional ideas aren't ways to innovate on projects either, therefore I would really reconsider your approach by tossing out more ideas yourself. Right? Smile
Nice attack. Who cares when you came up with the idea? Today, it is feature ingrained as part of social networking (not social media, social networking). So, whether you had a different term for it 20 years ago, today the term is social networking.

If I were to enter a discussion about the first generation of motorized vehicles, I would still call them cars, even though the term did not exist at the time. They were commonly called horseless carriages. However, in no way today would I use that term.

As for Naysaying, I said hat I disliked your idea. Sorry, I do. I did not say it was bad, I said I did not like it.

As for innovation, an idea you say you had 20 years ago is also not innovative.

As for helping the site, I have, including providing Eric with a small bit of code for a task he was trying to accomplish.

So, now that we are done with that, goodbye.
Semantics!
Your argument is invalid!

Seventeen years later and I'm still offending the masses!! Man, I'm glad I'm back!! Big Grin
Oh yeah, you and futiles are going to get along swimmingly Smile
Lmao love your sense of humor already Kaens. Smile

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account