Microsoft Plans to Spend $1 Billion on Creating Exclusives

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 3 posts - Go to Last Post

Microsoft plans to invest at least $1 billion into next-gen Xbox One games, Microsoft Game Studios vice president Phil Spencer and president of interactive entertainment Don Mattrick confirmed in a chat with Official Xbox Magazine.

“I think [games are] always important,” Mattrick said. “We just ran through our script and counted the number of exclusives, and looked at the amount of money that we’re spending and the deals that we have, exclusive windows and [things to create differentiation]. I think, candidly, people are way, way under-indexing how hard we’re punching.”

“We’re going to come out with detail on things and people are going to go, ‘oh my god’. Like, ‘they were focused, they made this a core goal, core activity’. There are great hits, there’s innovation, and there are world class creators plugged in. You know, I keep track of it all, and I hope everyone here does—we kind of look back at all the different years and at what we shipped, how many units have sold. There’s a lot of hyperbole about things, but I think we’re going to deliver.”

Microsoft previously revealed that it has 15 Xbox One exclusives in the works, eight of which are new franchises. Some of those are expected to be unveiled at the company’s E3 press conference on June 10.

Source [DIgital Trends]
have to wait n see what happens but im still getting n x1 reguardless
I hate that the new Comcast dvr thing is called the x1

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account