Badge-aholics Anonymous...

General Chat

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Yes I did it. I have started a support group for those of us afflicted with this disease/disorder.

Badge-aholics Anonymous...

Join the leaderboard and your 12 step guide will be issued to you shortly thereafter.

Big Grin

12 Steps of Addiction Recovery

Step 1 - We admitted we were powerless over our badge addiction - that our lives had become unmanageable

Step 2 - Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity

Step 3 - Made a decision to turn our will and our lives over to the care of GTN Eric as we start our recovery

Step 4 - Made a searching and fearless badge inventory of ourselves

Step 5 - Admitted to GTN Eric, to ourselves and to another human being the exact nature of our badges

Step 6 - Were entirely ready to have GTN Eric remove all these defects of character

Step 7 - Humbly asked GTN Eric to remove our shortcomings

Step 8 - Made a list of all persons we had use to get badges, and became willing to make amends to them all

Step 9 - Made direct amends to such people wherever possible

Step 10 - Continued to take badge inventory and when we add one, we promptly admit it to GTn Eric

Step 11 - Sought through playing to improve our gamerscore and badge count with GTN Eric, playing only for increasing our gamerscore and achievements, and not badges

Step 12 - Having had a spiritual awakening as the result of these steps, we tried to carry this message to other addicts, and to practice these principles in all our affairs
Last edited 10-18-2013 at 09:22 PM by porschephiliac.
Hi I'm chaotikilla and I'm a badge-aholic.

It all started when I joined that damn site GTN.

At first it was fun to see my unlock but soon it became like my achievements, grinding out the long ones and constantly waiting for a new easy one to arrive.

I was top of the leaderboard once but I was beaten by someone else.

I will regain my former badge glory and sit once again at my throne as the king of badges.

Only joking but they are really addicting.
Clearly scratches same itch as achievements, but what I found most interesting (after I joined) was the leaderboard is based on gamerscore not number of badges!
i think there is already a leaderboard 4 badges
There is a load of site created leaderboards on the right side of the leaderboard page. This one for badges on there
I don't *hickup* know what were r talkin *hickup* about. I *hickup* don't have a problem *hickup*
I don't *hickup* know what were r talkin *hickup* about. I *hickup* don't have a problem *hickup*
Originally Posted by Dark Lord White
I thought of you when I was creating it.
I joined the leaderboard, but just because I'm addicted to leaderboards. My desire to get badges is NOT a problem and I don't need help. I could quit anytime I wanted.
Great! We're only several hundred members short - lets spread the word to those stuck in denial! Big Grin
I'm several hundred badges short - lets spread the word so I can get them Smile
Hey, just got the "Popular Leaderboard" Badge for this group! I'm not sure if I should celebrate, or confess... it's like earning a 30 day chip and having a shot... Big Grin
I'm still curious if Step 1 is joining the leaderboard. If so, what's Step 2?
Step 1 is getting the addiction Roce96.
Step 2 is denial of the addiction.
Step 3 is joining the leaderboard.
Step 4 is pretending you're cured.
Rinse and repeat another 2 times and there's your 12 steps. I'm already on denial stage 2 and I'm going to quit and rejoin the leaderboard in a couple of days time.
Congratulations Roce. You've gone round the twist once already so you've earned your imaginary I was cured once chip and good luck on your second time round.
Step 1 is getting the addiction Roce96.
Step 2 is denial of the addiction.
Step 3 is joining the leaderboard.
Step 4 is pretending you're cured.
Rinse and repeat another 2 times and there's your 12 steps. I'm already on denial stage 2 and I'm going to quit and rejoin the leaderboard in a couple of days time.
Originally Posted by chaotikilla
Hahahaha!!!!!! but no. GOod direction though ;D
At least I tried. My addiction is starting to take its toll now.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account