Enthusiast Badge may not be tracking right.

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 31 posts - Go to Last Post

Unlock this badge by visiting the site 30 days in a row. New days start at midnight CST.

I have the one for 5 days but this progress shows me at only 8 days.. so heres a question first before I complain too much.

Question: I keep myself logged in to this site everyday thru my phone, most days I post something but somedays just brows and on rare occasions I will be logged in but for some strange reason I just never actually get on the phone to this site.. Will me being logged in with no activity still count for me being logged in to the site or do I need some sort of activity to show a count? Ex, browsing or posting?

If I don't need to brows or post I'm pretty sure my stats on this particular badge should be very close to completion if not me already having it and working on the 100 days. If I do have to do something brows or post, please tell me tell me what I have to do to keep this statistic from reseting.
Just being logged in should be enough but I would browse just to be sure. I had the same problem after I unlocked the 5 days in a row badge and the 30 days badge where it seemed to stop counting but it did sort itself out after a couple of days. There may be a little glitch in the counter so I will have it looked into for you.
I noticed the same thing when I saw it. I just got the 30 day badge about 10 days ago, although I should have gotten it September 22, after 30 consecutive days logged in and active. So there may be an issue with phone log-in accountability or something...?
Phones are not reliable ways to keep a streak going. Just having it open and not navigating to any pages (thus forcing it to update your login) means it could just be a cache and you aren't actually connected.
Yeah I think that broke my first streak, but now when I use my phone I visit a couple of links in the hope it'll count that day. Monday-Friday no problem, it's the weekends I forget.
Phones are not reliable ways to keep a streak going. Just having it open and not navigating to any pages (thus forcing it to update your login) means it could just be a cache and you aren't actually connected.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I have to call shenanigans on that, I was just checking out my Enthusiast progress and I I'm only at 5 days...last time I checked was at 18 days and have made it a point to visit the site and browse the forums and try to comment everyday, though I don't comment everyday I do always browse the site and forums everyday. Meaning I should have the 30 badge easily...and probably half way to the 100 day badge. Something just ain't right.

and I do this all thru my phone.
no issues here i recently got the 100 days logged in
I am at 81 days now, and the only way I am sure to have clocked a day is posting in the forums and/or commenting on a feed item. That way there is no question when and if something ends the tally - I can screenshot the post/comment that proves I was here.
I do it a lot from my phone too. I'll also hop in maybe twice a day, at minimum, just cause I like hanging with y'all. Smile
And I won't leave the site unless I check Enthusiast III badge page.
In fact, I put it right there at the bottom of my sig. It's a global link, so whoever clicks ot will see thirds, not mine.
Ok, just to be thorough and because my badge was only at 5 instead of the +30 it should've been and because Chunky said he was not having problems, I intentionally didn't browse or post but did visit my home profile page yesterday, (that's the reason I didn't post in my good deals thread, that and I didn't see much good deals anyway) ANYWAY....... Checked today and Ding!!! Big fat Zero showing for my progress.....sigh....how utterly disappointing. Looks like the phone or at least some phone types don't get tacked...guess I'll have to make it a point to post somewhere everyday.
I think that's what did mine in 84 days ago. I kept losing it when only viewing from my phone. I could be logged in, looking right it, and it said zero. So, that's why I post daily, either in forums or a comment.
i would always view pages see what badges i could get etc just to make sure the streak kept going
Maybe I should start a thread and post in it every day like day 1 of 100....would that be considered bumping?
Just start a General Discussion thread for your thoughts of the day, and then we will, in turn, pick them apart and try to destroy your world view/philosophy. Sound good? That's how the internet works, right?
Maybe I should start a thread and post in it every day like day 1 of 100....would that be considered bumping?
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
A little bit, but I think, but I imagine most of us would ignore it, then it can be deleted at the end of it.

Of course I'll spam the crap out of it.
Just start a General Discussion thread for your thoughts of the day, and then we will, in turn, pick them apart and try to destroy your world view/philosophy. Sound good? That's how the internet works, right?
Originally Posted by palmettobling
I thought that's what most of my threads were....and what most of you were already doing.......
I'm grumpy now. Showed 93 earlier today, and now zero. WTF?!?!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account