Official GTN Community Event - Forza 5 Drag Race Tournament 1/25/2014

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 40 posts - Go to Last Post

I live my life a quarter mile at a time!

In rememberance of Paul Walker and joys I had watching all the Fast and Furious movies over the last 13 years I thought it would be fitting to hold a drag race tournament within Forza 5.

The rules:
Any car is allowed (except DLC cars, need to keep an even playing field for all users for car selection) however you must post the car you will be using by 5pm EST on 1/24/2014 to be eligible. If you show up without said car you will be disqualified.

Qualifying runs will begin at 11AM EST on 1/25/2014. We will do 1 heat qualifying runs to determine seeding positions in the bracket. I will do one on one with each participant to record their times. The tournament will begin at 1pm EST or sooner depending on how long qualifying takes. The tournament will consist of 3 heat runs one on one until the two fastest drivers meet heads up.

At this time the only prize is bragging rights. However we will be awarding a participation badge and if you are lucky enough to seed and race against me you will get the Staff Infection badge as well. Note that the qualifying runs will not count for this badge...

Participants:
Kaens - Audi R8 Coupe 5.2 FSI Quattro
Fullchaingang3 - RUF CTR Yellowbird
B8TINGU - 1963 Volkswagon Beetle
X FatGuyDown X - RUF CTR Yellowbird
Dark Lord White - RUF CTR Yellowbird

And the results are in!

We took a different approach having a limited number of entrants and 4 out of the 5 actually showing. We all decided to take stock 63 VW Beetles and race them down a 1/4 mile. Mind you that my RUF CTR can do a 1/4 in about 7.8 seconds are Beetles were crossing the line at high 21s and low 22s.All was in good fun and I believe everyone had a good time.

The results

1st - X FatGuyDown X - 21.867
2nd - Dark Lord White - 21.900
3rd - Fullchaingang - 21.969
4th - B8TINGU - 22.349

Thank you all for participating and enjoy your new badge/s.

Look soon for the next event.
Last edited 01-25-2014 at 06:06 PM by Dark Lord White.
I've never seen one of those movies, doesn't interest me at all. Paul Walker, he was in that one movie I liked. Umm, yeah.

Lotus E21 2013 or Audi R8 Coupe 5.2 FSI quattro
I'm not that far in to the game to have any really cool cars.. but I may get there, I'll keep you posted..
i'm in.. Probably the Hennesey or the Yellowbird..
Lotus E21 2013 or Audi R8 Coupe 5.2 FSI quattro
Originally Posted by Kaens
i'm in.. Probably the Hennesey or the Yellowbird..
Originally Posted by Fullchaingang3
Thanks for joining. Be sure to update with THE car you will be using so I can update the player car list as we go along.
Thanks for joining. Be sure to update with THE car you will be using so I can update the player car list as we go along.
Originally Posted by Dark Lord White
i don't know yet.. lol.. i have to do some testing and tuning... j/k...

yellowbird...
I shared this information with my friend (iPlayTails). Hope he joins in.
OK now I have a problem, I can not make the Friday prelims, I live in NV. and I work until 2:30pm, but say if you make it Saturday or push the time back I'll be able to participate.
Then I'll bring the Audi.
OK now I have a problem, I can not make the Friday prelims, I live in NV. and I work until 2:30pm, but say if you make it Saturday or push the time back I'll be able to participate.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
All you need to do by Friday is select the vehicle. Saturday is qualifying and the actual race.
All you need to do by Friday is select the vehicle. Saturday is qualifying and the actual race.
ah ha, so you admit your deliberately trying to keep me from....wait what did you say?... Oh...he he, like I totally knew that man I was just.......uh.....ya messing with you..(yea that's it!) Smile It's cool man no need to get hostile....just put the axe down and ..........

Ok enough of the shenanigans..thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll get the car listed by say the 24th? Wink
Ok enough of the shenanigans..thanks for clearing that up for me! I'll get the car listed by say the 24th? Wink
Sounds good expect to see you on the 1/4 mile then.
Comon guys lets spread this around and try to get some more interest to this event.
Comon guys lets spread this around and try to get some more interest to this event.
Looks like I'm in the finals! :hugegrin:
I'll try a bit more but the ONE is also pretty new so maybe you should make this an annual event ?
I'll try a bit more but the ONE is also pretty new so maybe you should make this an annual event ?
This is a great idea. I could see this being held every year on or around the date of Paul Walker's passing to remember him by.
If it's annually then could you play on a dummy account and get credit on your main account? I have ZERO interest/plans (other then getting a shinny new badge) on playing Forza 5 and don't want it on my tag.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account