Found 12 posts - Go to Last Post

Why are all of my active challenges in a foreign language?!?! everything else is in English but the challenges are French or something. It is crazy.
Your Xbox thinks your French, ha. Reminds me of the WSJ article where his TiVo thought he was gay: http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...?mg=reno64-wsj
Why are all of my active challenges in a foreign language?!?! everything else is in English but the challenges are French or something. It is crazy.
Originally Posted by Fullchaingang3
Maybe they knew you needed an extra challenge...or maybe its a French plot to take over the world!!! You should call Xbox and see if they're talking French? 1-800-4myxbox.
Have you changed your region settings in your console? Since challenges differ from achievements, they are server side and change/vary, they can actually be based off your console region instead of account settings or game disc/format.

Try checking that everything on your X1 console is set properly.

Remember, Canada and Vietnam could be in French, as well as France.
Have you changed your region settings in your console? Since challenges differ from achievements, they are server side and change/vary, they can actually be based off your console region instead of account settings or game disc/format.

Try checking that everything on your X1 console is set properly.

Remember, Canada and Vietnam could be in French, as well as France.
Originally Posted by futiles
I thought of this but, wouldn't everything else be in French too? and he also said it maybe French he's not sure, so that may be a file getting corrupted or just bugging out a bit..I would definitely call Xbox support.
I thought of this but, wouldn't everything else be in French too? and he also said it maybe French he's not sure, so that may be a file getting corrupted or just bugging out a bit..I would definitely call Xbox support.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
No, achievements are coded to the disc, but challenges are live. So, while games are region-free, you still have region-local copies. Manuals, dialog, subtitles, in your language.

Challenges are loaded from the server, based on your account settings, and could be language specific.

Since there is no 360, Win8, WP, iOS, Android, Web platform equivalent to challenges, there would be no prior experience to base it off of.

*EDIT*

It's French, I went and looked at his profile. I can read basic French.
it is all in english on my console. The only thing that is French, i looked it up on google translate, is the challenges on GTN under my active challenges. Active Challenges

.Not sure if you can see it when you click on the link or not but here is the link i am talking about:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/games/...hallenges.html
Well, since no one has unlocked any of those on GTN, it could be that French is the default language, until GTN gets an English version to look at through a user.
i wondered that also. but TA has them in English and if you notice, the ones that ended are also in English. Strange..
i wondered that also. but TA has them in English and if you notice, the ones that ended are also in English. Strange..
TA does things differently...
it is all in english on my console. The only thing that is French, i looked it up on google translate, is the challenges on GTN under my active challenges. Active Challenges

.Not sure if you can see it when you click on the link or not but here is the link i am talking about:
http://www.gamertagnation.com/games/...hallenges.html
First off, Dang! Your a freaking Kinect rivals beast!!! Congrats on some of those and good luck on the others.. I used your link and I see everything in English, so you either fixed it or its your consol specific.

Also thanks to you futiles, your insights are not only awesome, there pretty invaluable.
I think that it finally straightened out. not sure what happened.
The Kinect Rivals is a pretty fun game..

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account