Halo: The Master Chief Collection “Definitely” only on Xbox One

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

I love my XB1

Speaking in an interview, 343 Industries Head Bonnie Ross mentioned specifically on The Master Chief Collection‘s likelihood of appearing on other platforms/consoles that fans should only expect to see the new collection appear on Xbox One for the time being, such as Xbox 360 and PC. For Xbox 360, it became a matter of technical limitations, as Ross mentioned that “We do not have any plans to bring the game to Xbox 360 as the game size, enhanced features and technical specifications simply can’t support it.”

Source: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...lusive-for-now
Is there anyone who thought otherwise?
Besides, what would be the point? The 360 has all the games in it's list anyways besides Halo 2 anniversary.
Besides, what would be the point? The 360 has all the games in it's list anyways besides Halo 2 anniversary.
Originally Posted by ULTIMATE leo129
I actually see this as the reason they would. There is a much bigger user base on the 360 and currently no option for Halo 2. They would sell millions upon millions of copies on the 360.

However, I do like that they are keeping it to the one for power reasons... it'll also be a nice nudge to get people to make the jump to next gen!
I think people still would have liked the option of a stand-alone Halo 2 Anniversary on 360, rather than everything being bundled together for only the One. Whether the whole collection could function on 360 is irrelevant then.

Personally I think it's a tactical move, to help sell more consoles this year.
Yeah, that's sort of what I meant. They already have released 3 of the 4 Halo's on the 360 in the bundle, the only logical game to be added on the 360 by now would be Halo 2 anniversary. No point for adding CEA, 3, or 4. You can get all three for like $20.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account