Found 37 posts - Go to Last Post

Can this fat kid do 10K?

(You may not vote on this poll)

× 26 (83.87%) Yes

× 5 (16.13%) no, duh!

• Added 06-28-2014 03:23 AM
  • 31 votes
  • Votes are public
First off, the "108" is on an indefinite hold. I'll possibly find some time to get back to them, so they'll remain in my to-do list for awhile.

The challenge I'm currently contemplating is if I can manage a 10k increase in gamerscore in 1 week. With Achievement Fest coming up, this would be the best opportunity I'll have to try. The problem is coming up with the games and achievements to do it with. Basically, if any quick, easy game exists, I've already done it. Also working against me would be not taking any time off work to play games as well as the in-laws visiting the week of the planned attempt.

From the games I have, I see the potential for a couple thousand before flying out to Indiana for AF14. Once there, I already have some plans to knock out a few quick Xbone games that have recently come out. I'm not looking for completions, so getting a full 1k in these games is not necessary. Here's the early planned list, suggestions are welcome but I don't plan to go buy a bunch of games to do this. The other problem is the Kinect heavy games, meaning rearranging the living room and the getting tired out after too much Kinect.

Pre-AF
Chipwrecked - 700-800
Hulk Hogan's Main Event - 500-700 conservatively
Once Upon a Monster - I have ~850 left in this that most could be gotte
Peggle 2 - 150 queued for all Jimmy's objectives
Brink - 100 from King of the World

also possibly looking into some random stuff in some other games. If I could get 3000 before heading to AF I'd be on a good start

At AF
Contrast (xbox 1)
SSSP
Another World (xbox 1)
Any quick JP-EU game I can get through quickly, would prefer these be completions since I don't own those consoles and would not get back to them again

Any suggestions on quick/large achievements I could knock out?
Figure on 5k Friday with the 3x X1 games and a couple of quick Jp ones (there's one under and hour, and a couple around 2), then whatever you can do Saturday to make up the last needed. I'll have to try to get in touch with hitch to see what games he has/is bringing, and if there's any he doesn't have I'll try to squeeze them in my bag.
Pretty much whatever is posted in this thread, but for 5k instead. I can see Another World, SSSP, I have a list of 3-4 XBLA games that take 1-2 hours for another 1k. Then there's a couple PFX2 tables I need to "borrow" from people (JB) to get me another couple hundy. Probably blow through Sonic 2 that week for 200 there as well.

I hope to clear the 5k in a week then. I doubt I can do 10k, even though I have far more available to me as I haven't played all of the crap that you have.
Without looking at your list:
Nutjitsu?
Valiant Hearts, under 5
Have you done the latest TMNT?
KR: Glee Vol 3(best done at home)
Without looking at your list:
Nutjitsu?
Valiant Hearts, under 5
Have you done the latest TMNT?
KR: Glee Vol 3(best done at home)
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Nutjitsu is already done. Latest TMNT might be an option, was thinking of sneaking into the Kinect room with Penguins of Madagascar. Gotta do whatever I can as soon as I get there Thursday night. Maybe Buck and I can tag team the JP games before anyone else gets in on Friday.
Nutjitsu is already done. Latest TMNT might be an option, was thinking of sneaking into the Kinect room with Penguins of Madagascar. Gotta do whatever I can as soon as I get there Thursday night. Maybe Buck and I can tag team the JP games before anyone else gets in on Friday.
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
The Xbone games will be there Thursday.
I'm hoping to get hold of a copy of Ever17 (Jp) there, +4 XB1 games (SSSP, Amazing World, Nutjitsu, Contrast). If I can get these done there, I'll need 5k in the lead up Sun-Wed. Might be able to get 2k on the Sunday, so another 1k each day Mon-Wed while working days. Still not sure if I should just wait until I'm on vacation in August when I could do it easily, or just get it done.
Puss in Boots is supposed to be around 3 hrs if you haven't done that one either.
PnB requires a little bit of stamina if you're going to 1k in in one go.
PnB requires a little bit of stamina if you're going to 1k in in one go.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
already attempted and failed
already attempted and failed
Perhaps we can come to some sort of arrangement.... Wouldn't be an AF if we didn't * for *.
Perhaps we can come to some sort of arrangement.... Wouldn't be an AF if we didn't * for *.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
It's half done or so already, don't remember where I left off
Looks like you should add Contrast on X1 to your to do list. People been cranking out quick 1000s on that all week.
Well, there are a few kinect games.. Penguins of Madagascar should be good for about 850 in a couple hours... those stupid lizards aren't worth the time when you're in a crunch.

What do you mean Buck, I thought he was putting his off... This fat kid is getting his 10k that week too... Wink

Puss n boots will be good for a certain amount of points, there's too many quick reaction sequences, which makes me want to throw the controller against the wall, and since I'm the controller, that's not good.
Well, there are a few kinect games.. Penguins of Madagascar should be good for about 850 in a couple hours... those stupid lizards aren't worth the time when you're in a crunch.

What do you mean Buck, I thought he was putting his off... This fat kid is getting his 10k that week too... Wink

Puss n boots will be good for a certain amount of points, there's too many quick reaction sequences, which makes me want to throw the controller against the wall, and since I'm the controller, that's not good.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I'm on the fence. I know I could do it in August while on vacation, but was leaning towards doing it just to get it done. I just don't know how many Jp consoles are going to be there/available for everyone, or what games. I was only planning on probably doing one if I could find one I hadn't done, plus the 4x X1 games. Puss in boots would be a nice boost too, or Penguins, but I have those here, plus Let's Cheer, Phelps, and a few other Jp games.
I'm on the fence. I know I could do it in August while on vacation, but was leaning towards doing it just to get it done. I just don't know how many Jp consoles are going to be there/available for everyone, or what games. I was only planning on probably doing one if I could find one I hadn't done, plus the 4x X1 games. Puss in boots would be a nice boost too, or Penguins, but I have those here, plus Let's Cheer, Phelps, and a few other Jp games.
Originally Posted by Buckswana
If only more people that had Japanese XBOX's would come to achievement fest...
Does anyone know how many Jp consoles are there? Is there 2, or is someone bringing a 2nd one?
Does anyone know how many Jp consoles are there? Is there 2, or is someone bringing a 2nd one?
Originally Posted by Buckswana
Last year there were 2, eBash's and Hitch's. I will reach out to both to see if there will be 2, again.
Only $318 for a new one on Play Asia... Of course if they ship from there, probably wouldn't make it in time.
I confirmed with BoZack, there will be at least one each of EU and Japan Xbox 360s.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account