Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

It comes out in the Uk tomorrow. I still don't know which one to get, i only had the second on PS2 and i liked it a lot. Apparently the PS3 has a shorter load time due to installation which may shift my opinion...and id rather be darth than yoda. What are your opinions on the 360 controler for it? I've never played 1 360 beat em up which is why i ask. Still...looks great...and i want it.

EDIT

after watching IGNs vid review i think ill be going for the PS3 version. Apparently Yoda is quite ubalanced as his he can't be grabbed, high attacks often wont work. But I'll find out tomorrow or sometime soon enough. I'll do my own review for here either way.
I was very impressed with Soul Calibur IV on the Xbox 360. I managed to play the game for the first time yesterday, thanks to my friend having bought it. The graphics, customization and overall gameplay made me wish I actually bought this game.

I can also tell you that the controls were very easy to learn and not too difficult using the standard Xbox 360 controller. Also, I'd guess that a standard fight would take anywhere from 10-15 seconds to load on the 360. I really don't think that the PS3 version can be much faster than that. And finally, I'd say that Yoda is my favorite character so far. I used him to play through story mode quite easily and had little to no difficulty using him in the other modes. His size can be used more as an advantage than anything else, really.
thats not too bad then. I'll decide tomorrow probably. If theres a cheaper one i might get that sometimes 360 games are £40 and PS3 are £45, but theres something temting about using Vaders force grip and throwing them off the edge of a high structure. The agony of choice....
That is true, but there's nothing like using the force to knock enemies off of the ledges too. On a side note, I just rented this game.. It's hard to avoid man. Smile
thats not too bad then. I'll decide tomorrow probably. If theres a cheaper one i might get that sometimes 360 games are £40 and PS3 are £45, but theres something temting about using Vaders force grip and throwing them off the edge of a high structure. The agony of choice....
Originally Posted by Blank Planet
They had a discussion where they might release Darth Vader and Yoda as Downloadable content. (PS3 can download yoda, 360 can download Vader).

This game is awesome. Can't stop playing it. Eric, I expect you to put up a tasty fight next time i see you
i wouldn't go by IGN's review. they didn't handle Yoda well, so they dislike it. he can seem cheap, but he's difficult to use too, so it's balanced.
in any case, i haven't gotten a lot of time with it, but it's great so far. i'll jump online more pretty soon.
If that DLC happens for free then that would be great but i suppose that would be too optimistic. As both games are identical this time round it really boils down to what console you own...however for people like me its more of a matter of dark vs light. I've seen a few of Vaders moves but i might search to find some of Yoda's.

Just watched a Gametrailers review and that didnt help either.
if you're really that concerned about the good and evil thing, 360 still has a better balance because the Apprentice represents the dark side. Vader fighting his own pupil seems somewhat stupid.
Yeah but with that said you can have people fighting themselves can't you? or have they fixed that? I'm instantly gonna clasify myself as the odd one out by saying that i missed the whole star wars craze so Vader can fight his own pupil if he wants haha. I'll just flip a coin, for the first time the game is identical on both platforms.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account