Xbox One 'Armed forces' controller and headset hit US in October

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 9 posts - Go to Last Post

Get ready to own the battlefield with the new Xbox One Special Edition Armed Forces Wireless Controller and Stereo Headset. As the first set of custom accessories for Xbox One, the controller and headset feature a modern camouflage pattern and military look and are available for pre-order starting today in the U.S and Canada. The controller and headset will be on store shelves worldwide beginning in October and are priced at $64.99 (Xbox One Wireless Controller) and $89.99 (Xbox One Stereo Headset) USD ERP.

http://news.xbox.com/2014/07/xbox-on...er-and-headset
This "modern" camo they speak of hasn't been used since about 2003. However, I like it as it takes me back to when I went through basic training in 2001. It just doesn't have that extra "pop" I need to buy it.
I want a Wireless Headset!!!!!!!!
I want a Wireless Headset!!!!!!!!
Originally Posted by QuiCkz Ninja
The wire only goes to the controller! Sheesh, lots of problems to solve trying to make it a different way. These headsets though, I love my black ones. Picked them up from the MS store for $80 and I love them. I'm not one of those sound snobs that feel like I must have $300 headphones so if you are one of those people, don't listen to me.
The wire only goes to the controller! Sheesh, lots of problems to solve trying to make it a different way. These headsets though, I love my black ones. Picked them up from the MS store for $80 and I love them. I'm not one of those sound snobs that feel like I must have $300 headphones so if you are one of those people, don't listen to me.
Originally Posted by Kaens
For once, I agree with Quickz Spam. The X1 isn't doing anything too terribly outrageous with their controller connecting to the console, and the 360 had a wireless headset fairly quick. So, why can't we have a wireless headset for the X1? I'm not talking about wireless game audio, I want a wireless chat headset/earset. I am a game audio snob, and $300 headphones sound like garbage compared to surround sound system, so, I'll just use that. But, I do like to put my controller down and walk over to the kitchen to get a drink, but like staying in party chat, which I currently cannot on the X1...
Wireless for just chat, sure. Wireless for chat and game audio, mixed, is much more complicated. The dongle you plug the into the controller is doing all the processing work. I bought the official wireless headset, the one that was single ear and looked like a bad cell phone headset and I thought it sucked. Probably me using it wrong, but the wire doesn't bother me that much.
Wireless for just chat, sure. Wireless for chat and game audio, mixed, is much more complicated. The dongle you plug the into the controller is doing all the processing work. I bought the official wireless headset, the one that was single ear and looked like a bad cell phone headset and I thought it sucked. Probably me using it wrong, but the wire doesn't bother me that much.
Originally Posted by Kaens
They ended up having 3. The first gen actually had a lot of issues, and they basically discontinued it and relaunched it in the exact same style pretty quick. The only way to tell the difference was 1st gen had a wall charger, and 2nd gen charged off 360 USB. The 3rd gen was/is a pretty decent dual mode piece. It has a switch on it to go from 360 to Bluetooth, so, it is actually my 360 AND PS3 headset.

Yeah, if I want wireless audio, then I will actually get something with a true audio processor...
Mine was wall charger I think. Being early adopter strikes again.
It won't be for everyone, but I have the X1 Turtle beach headphones and they have great sound quality. They work for what I need, but like Futiles said, you can't put your controller down, stay actively engaged in game chat, and go get a drink.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account