Chinese Xbox One to be region locked

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 8 posts - Go to Last Post

Apparently the promise of a region free X1 system has gone, as it has been announced that all Chinese consoles will be region locked, and will not play anything but Chinese games. This also means that all Chinese games will not play on anything but a Chinese console. Sadly, I can't say I'm overly surprised at this, with how tight the Chinese government keeps control on everything media and internet related.
Those jokers run a tight ship. Oh well, I will be surprised if any great games get developed for it.
Those jokers run a tight ship. Oh well, I will be surprised if any great games get developed for it.
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
Buckswana just wants to play the easy games in any case... Probably doesn't matter if they're great...
Buckswana just wants to play the easy games in any case... Probably doesn't matter if they're great...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Sadly, this is true. Wink Not sure how big a hurry I'm in to buy a Chinese console though. They'll need an awful lot of quick games to get me to do that. I'm betting they'll have the awful part down...
Sadly, this is true. Wink Not sure how big a hurry I'm in to buy a Chinese console though. They'll need an awful lot of quick games to get me to do that. I'm betting they'll have the awful part down...
Originally Posted by Buckswana
I bet the Chinese systems come with a nice spy device built in =) better check before you buy lol
I bet the Chinese systems come with a nice spy device built in =) better check before you buy lol
Originally Posted by Zombie In PJs
You mean like a Kinect? Wink Still think it's funny how many people I know keep theirs covered or unplugged for fear of being spied on. If anything, I'd like a copy if they get something good. 8)
Looks like, and this makes sense, that only the Chinese consoles are region locked. So you can play only Chinese games on Chinese consoles. We (everyone else) should be able to play Chinese games on our console. Makes perfect sense, because the problem isn't that Chinese games/culture is going out, they just don't want content that hasn't been approved by the Chinese gov't coming in.
Looks like, and this makes sense, that only the Chinese consoles are region locked. So you can play only Chinese games on Chinese consoles. We (everyone else) should be able to play Chinese games on our console. Makes perfect sense, because the problem isn't that Chinese games/culture is going out, they just don't want content that hasn't been approved by the Chinese gov't coming in.
Originally Posted by Kaens
That's what I would have thought as well, but the articles I've read have actually stated flat out that you'll need a Chinese console to play the Chinese games. Hopefully they're all wrong.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account