Found 24 posts - Go to Last Post

Resolved
You've never heard of the zeroeth law of mathematics that makes this work out?

BTW, what game is this for future reference?

4 + 3 + 3 = 10
10/3 = 3.3

Not 3.2
Originally Posted by Kaens
Except there are 2 3s given it a double rating so it counts as 12 (3+3=6, then there are 2 of them, so 12), and with 4 there is only 1 4 (4+0=4 x 1 = 4) which gives you 16 total, 16/5(2 3s, doubled, then a single 4 - so, 5 numbers), 16/5 is 3.2

Geeez, how did you not know that? Simple math....
BTW, what game is this for future reference?
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Smile
Except there are 2 3s given it a double rating so it counts as 12 (3+3=6, then there are 2 of them, so 12), and with 4 there is only 1 4 (4+0=4 x 1 = 4) which gives you 16 total, 16/5(2 3s, doubled, then a single 4 - so, 5 numbers), 16/5 is 3.2

Geeez, how did you not know that? Simple math....
Originally Posted by futiles
The scary part is that almost makes sense. If you were adding weight to the most popular ratings.. hmm. Nah, just do it right!
Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate Smile
I can 1 star it if that'll help.
It's the new Common Core math standards.
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
Maybe you could tell us about the decay rate of a 4 star rating or something highly technical so Futiles can't fact check it.
I can 1 star it if that'll help.
I don't think you can rate the game unless you have played it. You should play it, it's great!
I don't think you can rate the game unless you have played it. You should play it, it's great!
Only if you play Destiny and Forza H2.
Maybe you could tell us about the decay rate of a 4 star rating or something highly technical so Futiles can't fact check it.
What makes you think I don't know the decay rate of a starred rating system? I just showed that 2 3s and 1 4 average to 3.2, didn't I?
Make it like Olympic figure skating where the lowest and highest scores don't count
Only if you play Destiny and Forza H2.
The Beta doesn't count? I have a level 8 in Destiny if I ever got the game!
The Beta doesn't count? I have a level 8 in Destiny if I ever got the game!
Doesn't carry over. Only takes 3 or 4 hours to get back to 8.
Doesn't carry over. Only takes 3 or 4 hours to get back to 8.
Really? That's BULL$*#@$%! So all those grimwhatever cards don't count either then? You've just made it so I won't be playing it.

Edit: Okay, I shouldn't say never.
My theory was going to be that first there was the 3 and 4 star rating so the average was:

(3+4)/2 = 3.5

Then came the other 3 star rating which was averaged with the above average:

(3+3.5)/2 = 3.25

Which then was truncated to 3.2 instead of rounded to 3.3

Otherwise there may be a rating half life based on the instability of the person rating, and/or contain a coefficient of spam, but that gets a bit more complicated.
Really? That's BULL$*#@$%! So all those grimwhatever cards don't count either then? You've just made it so I won't be playing it.

Edit: Okay, I shouldn't say never.
Now you're just making up excuses.
My theory was going to be that first there was the 3 and 4 star rating so the average was:

(3+4)/2 = 3.5

Then came the other 3 star rating which was averaged with the above average:

(3+3.5)/2 = 3.25

Which then was truncated to 3.2 instead of rounded to 3.3

Otherwise there may be a rating half life based on the instability of the person rating, and/or contain a coefficient of spam, but that gets a bit more complicated.
Originally Posted by Elem3ntal80
I'm still going with my previous answer since it actually returns 3.2, and actually seems to fall in line with other weird maths around the site (you know, like the old bar graphs showing 25% and 75% and one bar full and one bar 66% full).

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account