Tomb Raider Demo is promising

Tomb Raider: Underworld

Found 5 posts - Go to Last Post

Managed to get the demo today just to see if my old love for TR could be restored and I was actually quite pleased with what was on offer. Lara is much more fluid, has some nice new moves and everything seems much more refined and next gen rather than the last few adventures. It's out in the Uk this friday and i'm now looking forward to it rather than wanting to avoid it.

Oh and heres another thing to discuss....Angelina Jolie or Alsion Carrol who is Lara's new face. Personally I think Carrol does a better job of portarying her now as she herself is a gymanst whereas Jolie just went on a crash course before film...and her fake accent pissed me off.

http://www.geektyrant.com/wp-content...-carroll-2.jpg - Carrol

http://www.librarising.com/astrology...linajolie2.jpg - Jolie
I'm curious as to which I should get... Last Remnant or TR: U...

I've finished Fallout, so I'm trading it. Keeping FarCry, just for safari madness when I go HD (Money issues delay this...)

TR does look EXCELLENT, and I loved the new ones. However, Last Remnant looks nothing short of Epic.
be sure to check those LR reviews first. it's good to keep in mind that rpg's aren't rated very well these days, but there are still a few drawbacks with the battle system and such.
I'd say this(TR) but it depends on what you are after. Apparenly LR was a flop but pretty much every JRPG on the 360 (excluding LO) seems to have been the same...but they are a matter of taste really. Most people find the play style more or a chore with turn based fighting and such. i remember playing FFX a year ago and getting really annoyed with the system as i hadnt played a game like it since i completed FFX.
be sure to check those LR reviews first. it's good to keep in mind that rpg's aren't rated very well these days, but there are still a few drawbacks with the battle system and such.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
I agree with your point OT... RPGs seem to be almost "Unfashionable" nowadays, in the face of fast and furious action games. However, I got LR today, and so far, it's not bad. I'm sick and tired of buying shooters. I need an RPG! I need a storyline that's about magic, not about saving the world from Terrorists or something. I still love Action/FPS games with a passion. I just need RPGs too.

And I can't wait for Star Ocean 4 and Nova Crystallis Fabula.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account