Rumored games to be included in the first wave of Backewards Compatibility

Xbox One / Series X|S

Windows Central is quoting a German website that claims to have found a list of games sent to retailers detailing all the initial included games. Since we are four days before Microsoft makes the official announcement, here is some fun rumors to look at:

Enjoy:

In case it wasn't clear, while I expect this to be fairly accurate, accept a three stage rumor as just that...

Source
Wow. So why can't all of the games be BC? Is there some tech issue that prevents it?
Wow. So why can't all of the games be BC? Is there some tech issue that prevents it?
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Anything hardware required is right out. No Kinect 1.0, No turntables, no Big Button controllers, no dancepads, no whatever. So, if the game requires VisionCam to play, it will never play on X1.

All games have to be approved by the developer and publisher to be included. This is a contract and rights thing. Basically, if I already made Tomb Raider as a 360 and an X1 game, then no, I probably won't sign off (yet) on making the 360 version BC.

Also, we are talking about a virtual machine running on the X1, emulating the 360 system. There can be bugs and glitches and unforeseen issues. So, testing is involved.
I'm guessing it's licensing... Publishers have to approve this apparently.

So, it looks like Ubisoft is on board, MS first party, and a bunch of indies.

I'm curious about Trials... Any lag/delay in the emulation would be tough.
Also, any third party material like music has to be licensed again. For example, they'd have to get the rights for "Ain't no rest for the wicked" from Borderlands, or they would have to change the intro music entirely. Lot's of technical requirements and red tape to get a game up and running.
Shadowrun is a strange one to be on that list.
Nice little find here.

I clicked on your source and it didn't go to your TA blog, I was so deceived...
Shadowrun is a strange one to be on that list.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
There are a lot of weird inclusions...
There are a lot of weird inclusions...
Originally Posted by futiles
I think the only other weird inclusion is Child of Eden. I think you have a better case to be made with the weird exclusions. How some of a series is in, but not others. Although, some of those series being included is strange...
I'd have to check, but I think Microsoft was the publisher on both Shadowrun and Child of Eden so it's not really strange at all.
I'd have to check, but I think Microsoft was the publisher on both Shadowrun and Child of Eden so it's not really strange at all.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I think he considers them strange because one was online only, with an almost completely dead online.

The other was a Kinect game that could be played with the controller, so, on the X1, it would be with the controller only.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I think he considers them strange because one was online only, with an almost completely dead online.

The other was a Kinect game that could be played with the controller, so, on the X1, it would be with the controller only.
Exactly. Shadowrun gets double strange points since they shut down the PC game/online ability. So you get an abandoned game with partial capability. As for Child, yeah you could use a controller, but it was a bit tough. I also thought there was an achievement for using the Kinect.

The Viva Pinata games lose out on your VisionCam support.
I thought they shut down the servers for Endwar, and that was pretty much an online only game.
Like Bioshock 2 missing? Or Saints Row 2...
Bioshock 2 has like a "dual" boot issue with the MP which is probably why on that one.
Last edited 11-05-2015 at 07:46 PM by Mightymango.
Exactly. Shadowrun gets double strange points since they shut down the PC game/online ability.
Originally Posted by Dacoto
I am pretty sure you can still launch Shadowrun PC, it just isn't as easy as it once was, but, I got my GFWL app to load on my Surface Pro, and messed around with it the last few weeks. Still playing Fallout 3 PC on it.
Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management for Xbox, has confirmed the list is a fake
Mike Ybarra, Director of Program Management for Xbox, has confirmed the list is a fake
Originally Posted by LordChabelo13
Could you at least include a link to your TA page as a source?
Nice little find here.

I clicked on your source and it didn't go to your TA blog, I was so deceived...
Originally Posted by Preludecris
Thank you, but too bad we can't confirm it since it wash confirmed by confirmation.
Anything hardware required is right out. No Kinect 1.0, No turntables, no Big Button controllers, no dancepads, no whatever. So, if the game requires VisionCam to play, it will never play on X1.

All games have to be approved by the developer and publisher to be included. This is a contract and rights thing. Basically, if I already made Tomb Raider as a 360 and an X1 game, then no, I probably won't sign off (yet) on making the 360 version BC.

Also, we are talking about a virtual machine running on the X1, emulating the 360 system. There can be bugs and glitches and unforeseen issues. So, testing is involved.
Thanks for clearing this up for me. Now it makes much more sense. OTs and fshguys comments seemed to further clarify for me. The initial lack of BC is why I didn't get an One in the first place. And since this list is a hoax anyways, I'm still deterred. But thanks for taking a minute there.
Thanks for clearing this up for me. Now it makes much more sense. OTs and fshguys comments seemed to further clarify for me. The initial lack of BC is why I didn't get an One in the first place. And since this list is a hoax anyways, I'm still deterred. But thanks for taking a minute there.
Microsoft said it would put the list out the 9th, I think. So, you will know the real deal soon. They have alays said 100 (ish) games supported at feature launch.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account