Happy New Year! / 2016 Gaming Goals

General Chat

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

Happy New Year everyone! The new year is here and it is time to set up some goals for the year. I have broken my goals down into a few categories. Badges, Gamerscore, TrueAchievements, Social, and Miscellaneous. I hope to have most of these accomplished by the end of the year. If I do, 2016 will be a great year for gaming.

Badges - GamertagNation has a lot of badges to chase down. All of these goals are associated with specific badges on the site.
15,000 GS in Week on GTN
100,000 GS in a Year on GTN
300 Badge Count on GTN
50 GTN Refferals Badge - Completed
100 GTN Refferals Badge

Gamerscore - These goals are for both GTN & TA. Since I am going for the 100,000 in a year I should be at around 337,000 gamerscore. So I may as well push it further out and go for the 350,000. My current Gamerscore is 237,792
250,000 GS Score in a Year
300,000 GS Score in a Year
350,000 GS Score in a Year

TrueAchievements - Obviously these goals are TA only. 500K should come easy. 600K should be attainable also by pushing my gaming. 700K might be loft. Currently my TA score is 419,843.
500,000 TA Score in a Year on TA
600,000 TA Score in a Year on TA
700,000 TA Score in a Year on TA

Miscellaneous - These goals are a mix for both sites as well, but more on the TA side.
2000 Site leaderboard rank on TA
15,000 Achievements on TA
300 Completed games on TA
100 Completed Arcade games on TA
200 Completed Retail Games on TA
10 Completed Xbox One games GTN/TA
Clear out my To Do List on TA / 100 Items

Social - These are offshoot gaming goals, but I still wanted to include them. The 500 & 1000 members will get me and other GTN members more badges, which will be nice. Since I started YouTube and Twitch accounts I want to grow them, especially YouTube. Aiming for 500 subscribers is a BIG goal. I need that many just to be able to give my channel a unique name (MarvzMitts obviously) instead of having that garbled looking code. There is a lot to do this year.
500 & 1000 Leaderboard Members on GTN
50 Blog followers on TA
100 Twitch Followers
500 YouTube Subscribers

Anyone else have some goals they want to accomplish this year?
Last edited 02-04-2016 at 05:54 PM by MarvzMitts.
Happy New Year everyone! The new year is here and it is time to set up some goals for the year. I have broken my goals down into a few categories. Badges, Gamerscore, TrueAchievements, Social, and Miscellaneous. I hope to have most of these accomplished by the end of the year.
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Badges - GamertagNation These are the badges I intend to get this year, hopefully never letting Fshguy have the lead for more than a few hours.
  • Angelic
  • ctOS Breach - achieved Jan 5th
  • DLC Completionist V
  • DLC Junkie VI - achieved Jan 4th
  • Down Wit' DLC IV
  • Expert Solutionist - achieved Feb 23rd
  • Fast as Lightning
  • Helpful Review II - achieved Feb 23rd
  • Kobayashi Maru
  • Overachiever V - achieved Dec 14th
  • Paragonegade
  • Plays Well with Others V - achieved April 14th
  • Popular Leaderboard II
  • Reviewer IV - achieved March 4th
  • Sharing is Caring II - achieved Jan 8th
  • Solutionist IV
  • Three Year Club - achieved September 6th
  • Wish Granted - achieved Jan 2nd

Gamerscore - less worried about this now, so long from any more badges or milestones anyone cares about.
  • 600,000 by Oct 31st - achieved August 15th
  • Top 25 in USA on TA Gamerscore leaderboard

TrueAchievements Leaderboards- I don't care what my TA score is, but I have to stay above Fshguy because he makes goals vs me. Also I fully expect to eventually loose the genre badge battle so I want to improve my badges
  • Top 25 worldwide in Point & Click Adventure- achieved Jan 31st
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Run & Gun- achieved February 3rd
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Survival Horror
  • Top 10,000 worldwide in Sandbox
  • Top 25 worldwide in Stealth
  • First in VA in Stealth - achieved May 1th
  • Top 5,000 worldwide in First Person Shooter

Miscellaneous -
  • 450 completions

Social - Make it to AF so some people can stop holding it against me and my wife will stop giving me a hard time for shipping stuff to "strangers"
Last edited 12-16-2016 at 05:54 PM by Kaens.

Social - Make it to AF so some people can stop holding it against me and my wife will stop giving me a hard time for shipping stuff to "strangers"
Originally Posted by Kaens
This should be a priority, as many of the other goals can be completed that weekend. Plus you can put Fshguy in a headlock and give him noogies.
It's took me 3 years to get from 25% completion to 30% completion. I have a new game to play but it'll ruin by %, but thanks for Xbox backwards compatibility I can replay some older games.

I think I'm going to push for 35% of achievements unlocked at the end of this year! That's like 500 achievements out of my existing games :hurt:
I am not going to have any gaming related goals other than enjoying the games that I actually get time to play, and continuing my Kinect fitness stuff to maintain my weight and health. I used to be obsessed with completions and points, but now, I'm happy to play fun games instead. I started to realize this after Hannah Montana...

But, I will be as active a user as I can here, as I enjoy your company the most!
Badges - GamertagNation These are the badges I intend to get this year, hopefully never letting Fshguy have the lead for more than a few hours.
  • Angelic
  • ctOS Breach
  • DLC Completionist V
  • DLC Junkie VI
  • Down Wit' DLC IV
  • Expert Solutionist
  • Fast as Lightning
  • Helpful Review II
  • Kobayashi Maru
  • Overachiever V
  • Paragonegade
  • Plays Well with Others V
  • Popular Leaderboard II
  • Sharing is Caring II
  • Solutionist IV
  • Three Year Club
  • Wish Granted - completed Jan 2nd

Gamerscore - less worried about this now, so long from any more badges or milestones anyone cares about.
  • 600,000 by Oct 31st
  • Top 25 in USA on TA Gamerscore leaderboard

TrueAchievements Leaderboards- I don't care what my TA score is, but I have to stay above Fshguy because he makes goals vs me. Also I fully expect to eventually loose the genre badge battle so I want to improve my badges
  • Top 25 worldwide in Point & Click Adventure
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Run & Gun
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Survival Horror
  • Top 10,000 worldwide in Sandbox
  • Top 25 worldwide in Stealth
  • First in VA in Stealth
  • Top 5,000 worldwide in First Person Shooter

Miscellaneous -
  • 450 completions

Only one... keep Kaens off the top of the leaderboard...
Point out to Mrs. Kaens that sometimes, "strangers" ship things to her...
Point out to Mrs. Kaens that sometimes, "strangers" ship things to her...
Originally Posted by futiles
She hasn't said a word about it since then Wink
I think ill go for 600k this year that's about 140k away. Haven't fully looked at what badges I can go for just yet but being in the top couple of Australian for badges appeals to me.

Finally I would like to get either first or second place in the worldwide simulation leaderboard. I'm currently 5th so its within striking distance.

Edit: Back to back in the GTASC would be nice too
I'll keep pushing towards 400k but I doubt I'll get there. I have a birthday coming up in a couple weeks and I'm thinking I may ask for a PS4. I haven't played a PS since the 2, so I have a lot of trophy hunting to catch up on Lol
I'll keep pushing towards 400k but I doubt I'll get there. I have a birthday coming up in a couple weeks and I'm thinking I may ask for a PS4. I haven't played a PS since the 2, so I have a lot of trophy hunting to catch up on Lol
Originally Posted by SG Steelhead
If you're going to get a PS, you might as well play games for fun...
I'm pretty much doing that now. Well, I still play bad games for points but only if they're quick, easy, and above all...cheap. This console just irritates the hell out of me so I want to try the dark side.
Hmmmmmm.......

Finally hit 200,000 gamerscore. I have been sadly been saying the last two years. I am confident I will hit 200k in 2016 Smile

95% completion rate
1.5 TA ratio
300 completions mark
Attend Achievement Fest 2016
Participate in a gamerscore challege
I'd love to attend something like achievement fest. But I would need to win a lottery or something similar. Living in Australia im a long way from any other like minded gamers.
Yeah, I understand the out of the country people. I know Chunkeh Munkeh has investigated attending a few times, and I think ozbundyboy may have looked up prices out of curiosity. Airfare is usually the deal breaker. If you ever were able to get here, usually transportation is taken care of by those of us that either drive or rent a car. Usually people will bunk together, too.
She hasn't said a word about it since then Wink
If you ever figure out a way to get to AF20XX (cause I seriously don't expect to make it to an AF21XX), I'll play something horrible on your gamertag while you aren't looking. (Or, we'll tell Streak Leader there is a way to get another 1000 out of My Horse and Me 2 if he plays on your console...)
Finally hit 200,000 gamerscore.
Originally Posted by pTartTX
You know, the above goal and the below goal basically complete each other, right?

Attend Achievement Fest 2016
Originally Posted by pTartTX
If you ever figure out a way to get to AF20XX (cause I seriously don't expect to make it to an AF21XX), I'll play something horrible on your gamertag while you aren't looking. (Or, we'll tell Streak Leader there is a way to get another 1000 out of My Horse and Me 2 if he plays on your console...)
Originally Posted by futiles
I'd like to point out that I completed that game in 2009 and it took him until 2012 to do so. If you've ever looked at all the stuff I've played, good luck trying to embarrass me. Now doing something horrible like putting GTAV or Destiny on there would suck.
I'd like to point out that I completed that game in 2009 and it took him until 2012 to do so. If you've ever looked at all the stuff I've played, good luck trying to embarrass me. Now doing something horrible like putting GTAV or Destiny on there would suck.
Well, which time Streak Leader played MH&M2? That 2012 version would have been the re-play...

And who said embarrassing? The common joke around AF is how much fun SL has playing MH&M2. But, thanks for letting me know what you consider horrible. Now, to plan...

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account