Daredevil Season Two (again, I post Spoilers, so avoid if you don't want them)

Entertainment

Found 6 posts - Go to Last Post

Who all has finished Season Two? It's been out a couple of weeks, so, I know I am not the only one.

I thought it was a solid season, as with season one and Jessica Jones, I felt the casting was pretty fantastic across the board. I like Jon Bernthal in this role. Basically, he takes a slightly more focused Shane Walsh, and turns his homicidal tendencies into a force for "good" - sort of...

I love Clancy Brown, and will watch him in just about anything, but, man, does he almost always have to be the bad guy? Seriously, can't we get a couple more Sgt. Zim roles in there for him? Hell, Ron Perlman gets to be the good guy (while not wearing prosthetic or make-up) more often than Clancy does.

I like the fantastical path the Marvel Television product is taking, and I hope the little disagreement between departments (Marvel Film and Marvel Television) clears up and characters can more easily move between products. Having two methods to revive the dead would be pretty handy...
I want to talk about this, I have not read your first post, I'm not ignoring you, I'm just only on episode 10.. Sorry, but so far I like and hate this. It seems like they are going with the Marvel Knights brand story lines with mainstream cannon peppered in. I kind of hate how Elektra is being written so far, please tell me it gets better for her. Otherwise I'm liking the Punisher. I also kind of don't like how they killed Ben Urich so quickly in the first season and Foggy knowing he's DD shouldn't have been for a lot longer too.

Oh and I think that the Hand may have an infinity stone. Maybe.
Last edited 04-08-2016 at 06:37 AM by B8TINGU.
That's a thought. It would explain the resurrections, if you didn't want to use the magic angle (but, given Doctor Strange, magic isn't out of the question). Giving them a Stone would be a great way to tie the TV and movie storylines together, given that they are still supposed to be a shared universe. I'm still waiting for some reference to S.H.I.E.L.D. on one of the Netflix shows.
That's a thought. It would explain the resurrections, if you didn't want to use the magic angle (but, given Doctor Strange, magic isn't out of the question). Giving them a Stone would be a great way to tie the TV and movie storylines together, given that they are still supposed to be a shared universe. I'm still waiting for some reference to S.H.I.E.L.D. on one of the Netflix shows.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
From a creative stand-point, SHIELD and Netflix fall under the same company head. So, all story decisions for those shows go through the same group. Netflix shows have made passing references to SHIELD activities, but, remember that SHIELD is fully shadow entity, now, and even the movie heroes didn't know Fury had a helicarrier in AoU.
Well now that you bring up SHIELD and this immortal stuff is happening, they could try and use the Inhumans angle, but I'd rather see an Infinty stone with some ties to Dr. Strange..after all I thought I that I read somewhere (not that it would make it fact) that the Netflix and or TV heroes would be crossing over into the movies, specially Avengers Infinity War. That would mainly be because most of the actors from Phase 1 and 2's contracts would up.
Well now that you bring up SHIELD and this immortal stuff is happening, they could try and use the Inhumans angle, but I'd rather see an Infinty stone with some ties to Dr. Strange..after all I thought I that I read somewhere (not that it would make it fact) that the Netflix and or TV heroes would be crossing over into the movies, specially Avengers Infinity War. That would mainly be because most of the actors from Phase 1 and 2's contracts would up.
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
Actually just the opposite. The TV and film enterprises are fully separate entities since the restructuring of Disney's entertainment groups. So, right now, TV is TV and film is film. That was part of why the Inhumans movie has been pushed back twice now, and rumored to be canceled repeatedly.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account