Don't buy a new Console today, Porsche...

Xbox One / Series X|S

Found 23 posts - Go to Last Post

Another price drop for XBOX, $50... But... new hardware inbound...
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/31/118...sole-right-now

As always, curious to see what rumors versus reality will be in a couple weeks.

We all know who's going to buy the next XBOX and who won't, pretty much the same people that bought the XBOX One day 1...

Will have to see what the window is for everything, I was almost considering buying a PS4k, but is it possible the X1.5 will be more powerful than the equivalent PS?
They spoke about this on Giantbomb with some specifics. New slim model coming this year for $50 cheaper (not really going to drive me to get another) and then next year will be the real X1.2 version that has 2TB drive and much improved (4x) processing power. I suspect THAT version will run the VR stuff and that will probably drive me to buy another.
I bought a day one edition, but I see no reason to run out and get a new one any time soon. Mine works just fine and I don't really care about VR right now.
Don't you mean Marvz?
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
LOL.. nope Marv bit the bullet and got one FINALLY...lol.. so were kinda of just holding out for Porch.. I say we start a Porch Xbox One go fund me fundraiser!! everyone can kick in $5...lol..
Don't buy a new Console today
Originally Posted by Fshguy
SCREW YOU! You can't tell me what to do! I bought 4 consoles today just to spite you!
SCREW YOU! You can't tell me what to do! I bought 4 consoles today just to spite you!
Originally Posted by futiles
Not entirely sure, I could be wrong here, but I 'm thinking he wasn't really talking to you as much as he was someone else, perhaps that guy he mentions in the title....
Not entirely sure, I could be wrong here, but I 'm thinking he wasn't really talking to you as much as he was someone else, perhaps that guy he mentions in the title....
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
To think, we could get Futiles to do practically anything by telling him not to do something.. Genius!!! On any given day we could say, don't buy a board game and he will totally ignore us!
Another price drop for XBOX, $50... But... new hardware inbound...
http://www.polygon.com/2016/5/31/118...sole-right-now

As always, curious to see what rumors versus reality will be in a couple weeks.

We all know who's going to buy the next XBOX and who won't, pretty much the same people that bought the XBOX One day 1...

Will have to see what the window is for everything, I was almost considering buying a PS4k, but is it possible the X1.5 will be more powerful than the equivalent PS?
I wontbe buying the next xbox console orthe next Sony console either.Going to save alot of money and buy games only for the xbox 360,PS3 and PS4 current consoles I have right now.
To think, we could get Futiles to do practically anything by telling him not to do something.. Genius!!! On any given day we could say, don't buy a board game and he will totally ignore us!
You would have to know some I don't already have...
You would have to know some I don't already have...
Originally Posted by futiles
I've been told there's like 5000+ games out there... Surely you can't buy them all!
I wontbe buying the next xbox console orthe next Sony console either.Going to save alot of money and buy games only for the xbox 360,PS3 and PS4 current consoles I have right now.
Originally Posted by Ellerkermike43
Didn't you quit gaming like a bajillion times already?
LOL.. nope Marv bit the bullet and got one FINALLY...lol.. so were kinda of just holding out for Porsche.. I say we start a Porsche Xbox One go fund me fundraiser!! everyone can kick in $5...lol..
Originally Posted by B8TINGU
I'd sure appreciate that...

Nah, it's not really a financial thing. We are really focused on getting clear of debt, so any extra money I/we make is put there. I have gone so many times to buy one, but feel the weight of our goals and can't commit to one yet. But, it looks like I can wait a bit longer to get a newer version.

Thanks for thinking of me guys! lol
I've been told there's like 5000+ games out there... Surely you can't buy them all!
Oh yes, way more, and I have nowhere near all. Not even 10% of them all, but I know you know "Ticket to Ride."

I did just order three more games, though, all based on what I played at BGGCON Spring over the weekend.
Are you going to get that Labyrinth game when it comes out?
Are you going to get that Labyrinth game when it comes out?
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
You are going to have to be more specific:

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/geekse...abyrinth&B1=Go
PS4 has already announced they are releasing a 4.5 model to handle 4K which will help the VR coming later this year.

I've seen somewhere that MS is planning on putting out a stouter Xbox One next year that will go along with the Oculus Rift VR.

I've got a day one edition and if they are going to announce a slimmer version, my kids might be getting one for Christmas. 8)
Holy cow, a Zero sighting!
Originally Posted by Hotdogmcgee
Snip It, Background it, Cherish it Forever!
I'm down for a new, more powerful, fully compatible (One and 360 back compat) Xbox. 5 years used to be the cycle, and this time they're doing it with compatibility in mind moving forward, with the possibility of VR and cross-PC play support (true support)? Sure.

The rumors are fun, but I'll wait to see what the actual product shake out to be.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account