New Dishonored badge not awarded

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 35 posts - Go to Last Post

I have 1000'ed this game, and started DLC (which maybe is the cause of the problem). I was not awarded the badge when the run initially went through (hours later we are still at 83 members being awarded) and I have since done a manual sync on both my profile and the game, neither worked.

Again, I believe this is a bug because I started the DLC and thus it is showing me as 51 of 60 complete, instead of 50 of 50 in main title.
Yup, that's the way it works... You know that... You played into the DLC, so you are not complete until you complete that DLC pack. I think I had that happen for Crackdown for me...
Yup, that's the way it works... You know that... You played into the DLC, so you are not complete until you complete that DLC pack. I think I had that happen for Crackdown for me...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
That's not how it works. That's how the Epic Challenge thing works, but badges have nothing to do with DLC. DLC is several separate series of badges. This is broken :P
That's not how it works. That's how the Epic Challenge thing works, but badges have nothing to do with DLC. DLC is several separate series of badges. This is broken :P
Originally Posted by Kaens
Nope, Epic challenge requires all DLC to be completed.

Completion here requires base game and any DLC packs that have achievements unlocked to be complete.

Ergo, Neverwinter will never be complete for you. Is that a double negative?
Nope, Epic challenge requires all DLC to be completed.

Completion here requires base game and any DLC packs that have achievements unlocked to be complete.

Ergo, Neverwinter will never be complete for you. Is that a double negative?
First of all, assume that's true (you are staff afterall) that's lame. Lazy coding I'm sure is the reason for that philosophy. Assume Eric agrees with you, I'll simply do the DLC. I always wanted to, just didn't have a good driver. Plus it will count towards my 200 DLC completions and 2000 DLC achievements earned so win-win-win.

And I WILL have all Neverwinter done, don't you worry your pretty little head about that, that's like my magnum opus at this point and no way I give up on that as long as there is something for me to do.
You'll notice that it doesn't show up in your completed games list either for the same reason. Please note I posted on your page first before I saw you reported this as a "bug".
I have always been a firm believer that what ever achievements are available at the time should be required to count a completion. I always thought the TA method of letting someone discount DLC to help their completion percentage "look" better was just a further example of "everyone gets a trophy" bullshit.

But, that's me.
Here's a better way to look at it, there are 80+ that have that badge. I have done everything that 50 of them have done, but because I tried the DLC one night I suddenly don't deserve the badge? That's asinine and arbitrary.
While I am a "completionist" and will do my best to complete the DLC for a game, I personally think that a game is the "Base Game' or original 200/400/1000G. Anything that you have to purchase as Additional downloadable content, regardless of achievements, should be counted separate. To say otherwise is like saying that I did not complete watching Doctor Strange at the theater because I haven't purchased the home video version and watched the bonus content on the disc or that I haven't finished washing Iron Man because I haven't watched Iron Man 2 and 3.

DLC is additional / extra content that requires an extra purchase. It is not part of the base game or it would have been included on the disc.
Here's a better way to look at it, there are 80+ that have that badge. I have done everything that 50 of them have done, but because I tried the DLC one night I suddenly don't deserve the badge? That's asinine and arbitrary.
See, for me, it is when did you play. Did you play and complete it when it was only 50? Or was it already 80 when you completed?
BTW your completion percentage is calculated the same way, are you saying DLC content shouldn't count into that percentage? It may not be the perfect solution, but at least it's consistent. Or rather, completion is based on all of the content YOU chose to play.

Just think of all of the DLC achievements and the DLC pack completion you'll get.
While I am a "completionist" and will do my best to complete the DLC for a game, I personally think that a game is the "Base Game' or original 200/400/1000G. Anything that you have to purchase as Additional downloadable content, regardless of achievements, should be counted separate. To say otherwise is like saying that I did not complete watching Doctor Strange at the theater because I haven't purchased the home video version and watched the bonus content on the disc or that I haven't finished washing Iron Man because I haven't watched Iron Man 2 and 3.

DLC is additional / extra content that requires an extra purchase. It is not part of the base game or it would have been included on the disc.
Originally Posted by HyruleBalverine
Just to be clear, if you don't start any of the DLC, completion/completion percentage is based on base game. Once you start the DLC, then it gets thrown into the calculation on both counts. In Kaens case, he started the DLC, but never completed it.
See, for me, it is when did you play. Did you play and complete it when it was only 50? Or was it already 80 when you completed?
Originally Posted by futiles
Yes, I completed the game 100%, everything that was there. Later, when DLC came out, I bought it and tried it one night (actually liked it, but moved elsewhere) and never went back to it. I'm personally bad about that, i tend to focus on one game and don't hop around well. No badge existed then however, so I didn't get it. Now a badge existed, I did MORE than the majority of people who earned the badge and so there's no similarity to earning a participation badge. I DID everything required for completing the game.
Yes, I completed the game 100%, everything that was there. Later, when DLC came out, I bought it and tried it one night (actually liked it, but moved elsewhere) and never went back to it. I'm personally bad about that, i tend to focus on one game and don't hop around well. No badge existed then however, so I didn't get it. Now a badge existed, I did MORE than the majority of people who earned the badge and so there's no similarity to earning a participation badge. I DID everything required for completing the game.
Exactly. You completed the game. Now you're trying to complete the additional content.
BTW your completion percentage is calculated the same way, are you saying DLC content shouldn't count into that percentage? It may not be the perfect solution, but at least it's consistent. Or rather, completion is based on all of the content YOU chose to play.

Just think of all of the DLC achievements and the DLC pack completion you'll get.
Well of course, because my completion % has nothing to do if it's a phone game, mainline retail or DLC. It's everything I've chosen to play. So when a 8th DLC pack comes out for a game I am done with, why should my completion % be penalized?

I honestly am having a really hard time understanding how you guys have such a hard time separating the main game from DLC. It's not even complicated and you two are acting like I'm the crazy one when you make up crazy rules. I think the extra content in movies analogy is good, or anything that has 'extra' but not sequel content released for it. If I watch a movie but didn't listen to the commentary track or watch the making of special I still watched the entire movie.

I played Dishonored and earned every single achievement in that game. I did it when it came out, pre-DLC, but that shouldn't even matter. I experienced every single moment and did every single task that the majority of people who have the badge did.

Then because I enjoyed the game, I tried the DLC. It doesn't take away anything that I did in the last paragraph and I still met the requirements that all of those people did. Now because I chose to play the DLC, now my completion % is impacted, not different than the game I put in and earned a single achievement in. I chose to play it. Hey what about people who chose to play it but couldn't even earn a single achievement in it? They aren't penalized yet I am for doing MORE than them. Whole thing is stupid, but whatever I will earn the rest of the cheevos in the dlc and that's that. Don't care, I already own it.
OK, so the badge is new? It came out after there was DLC?

Then the people that have the badge without any DLC shouldn't have the badge. That would be the error from my point of view.
OK, so the badge is new? It came out after there was DLC?

Then the people that have the badge without any DLC shouldn't have the badge. That would be the error from my point of view.
Originally Posted by futiles
Exactly, the came out hours ago, but if you haven't played any DLC it doesn't count against you. So the majority of people get the badge but Kaens doesn't.

Yet.
Exactly, the came out hours ago, but if you haven't played any DLC it doesn't count against you. So the majority of people get the badge but Kaens doesn't.

Yet.
Well, I can at least appreciate your frustration. That does not seem to make sense. I am all in favor for stripping the badge from people that don't deserve it.
He's not saying that those who didn't start the dlc don't deserve the badge. He's saying that they, and he, have completed the game, regardless of any additional content that has been released. Playing that additional content does not negate the fact that he has completed the base game. I, for one, completely agree with him. DLC should be it's own completion.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account