Extra Life 2016

General Chat

Thank you very much!
Originally Posted by futiles
Anything for sick children is always good, yes the donation from Brandon was me.

When does your shift end in case I can donate again?
Anything for sick children is always good, yes the donation from Brandon was me.

When does your shift end in case I can donate again?
Originally Posted by Homeless Messia
Game Day is November 5, 2016, and being in the US, my marathon will be 25-hours. I will likely stream all of it again this year, unless I take a Tabletop Break, not sure I am going to take the time to setup the camera for that.

In 2013, I did all Superhero games. As I was the local Cubmaster of the Cub Scout Pack, I invited the scouts to drop in and play throughout the day, if they wanted, so, I kept it appropriate.

In 2014, I did all tabletop games. I set up in the local game store, and streamed a full day of games, and had people come and play on camera.

In 2015, I had just moved, so, it was all console gaming, but, it was all over the place. Unless I decide on a specific theme, you can expect the 3-4 hour Rock Band concert with my wife will happen, again.

In 2016, just not sure, yet.

I have considered:

1. Setting up the Japanese console with a PVR and streaming nothing but visual novels, and seeing how long I can keep my mind intact.
2. Purchasing Skyrim Legendary Edition on Xbox One, starting from scratch, and seeing what I can get done in 25 hours.
3. Launching Gears of War 4, and letting people drop in and see what all we can get done in the story.
4. Maybe just making a schedule, with certain games at certain times, and seeing who wants to play.

I work deep nights, so, I will be getting off of work at 6AM my time. I will likely need a little sleep, food, and shower, so, I am planning on doing Noon Saturday to Noon Sunday, Central Local Time.

The fundraising page linked above is my 2016 page, and it excepts donations all the way until 11:59:59 PM on 12-31-2016. Then, on January 1, 2017, I will sign up, pay my $15, and start my 2017 campaign. For me, it is all year, but, I put a little extra focus the month before Game Day.

If I make it to $1000, I will have to figure out something special to do with the gold medal to thank everyone.
We forgot to talk about this in person Frown
Originally Posted by Dacoto
Yeah, I thought about it after we separated. Tell me what you wanted to donate, have CK PayPal it to me, and I will put it in the pile.
A little something shared with me, today, from Extra Life, since we are 15 days from Game Day:

It's a bit scary to think about, but the answer to that question could have an affect on families who will be needing the specialized care and treatment only their local Children's Miracle Network Hospital can provide.
Over the next 15 days, let's come together as a community to make sure this is the best Extra Life Game Day yet and let the hospitals remain focused on providing top-notch care for kids in local communities. When you're asking for donations, share some of these staggering statistics with your donors:
Over the next 15 days, CMN Hospitals will be there to provide treatment for the 1,339,200 kids who will enter their doors.
Over the next 15 days, CMN Hospitals will be there to provide $140,400,000 in charitible care for families who aren't able to pay their medical bills. You read that correctly, that is not a type-o.
Over the next 15 days, CMN Hospitals will be there to treat 33,270 kids with cancer and to perform 34,935 life-saving surgeries on kids who need them.
CMN Hospitals are only able to do those things because people like you have grabbed their controllers, board games and keyboards and have taken the pledge to play games and heal kids through Extra Life.
Let your donors know that the hospitals need their help now more than ever. Tell them that their donations will stay local so that their neighbor's family, their coworker's family and even their family will have access to the best care possible in your community whenever they need it.
Thank you for all you've already done For The Kids and let's make this the best Game Day yet!
I'm so glad you hit your goal, Michael.
Originally Posted by porschephiliac
Thanks. Getting close to a new highest total.
I have passed the $600 mark, thanks very much, because of this community. You guys are great.
Woke up this afternoon to a couple of anonymous donations, you people are awesome.
Thank you for doing this charity Futiles!
Originally Posted by Giant Hunger
Always! It is involved in the greatest experiences all year for me, PAX South, GenCon, BGGCon, BGGSpring, ELU, and even AF, Extra Life is always at the top.

Thank you for your help!
Made a donation to my page today, after losing a couple of bets yesterday, and making donations to others.

I have raised $550 in 11 days, for $800 total. $200 away from $1000.
How much time do I have left? I'm procrastinatementing.
How much time do I have left? I'm procrastinatementing.
Originally Posted by Fshguy
I would love to have all my donations wrapped up before November 5.
I've made it to $815, just $185 to go to hit $1000 raised.
I've made it to $815, just $185 to go to hit $1000 raised.
Holy cow, brother! Amazing!
Been working on my stream, getting it all prepared for Saturday. So, you can watch me fool around in Fallout tonight, if you want.

twitch.tv/futiles

Also, I raised my goal to $1000, since I was already at $815 and was trying to hit $1000 anyway.

Got $100 donation today, so, now I am at $915. Just $85 away from $1000!
Streamed stayed stable all night. Did about 7 hours of settlement work in Fallout 4 with some mods active.
Been working on my stream, getting it all prepared for Saturday. So, you can watch me fool around in Fallout tonight, if you want.

twitch.tv/futiles

Also, I raised my goal to $1000, since I was already at $815 and was trying to hit $1000 anyway.

Got $100 donation today, so, now I am at $915. Just $85 away from $1000!
Very nice! Just a bit more - c'mon guys!
Take your 24 most favorite letters, randomize them, and spend each hour only playing games that start with that hour's letter.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account