Flash Mob Badge Issue

Issues & Bug Reports

Found 29 posts - Go to Last Post

Perhaps the magic number needs to be 200+?
Thanks for trying to pin it down, helps to have multiple bodies on one like this.
And i huess that most of them was Google bots and similar?
Originally Posted by Mardagg
A lot of Google spiders and Bing spiders.

Perhaps the magic number needs to be 200+?
Thanks for trying to pin it down, helps to have multiple bodies on one like this.
Originally Posted by Obsidian Tides
Well now the badge says Logged in when XX visitors are on the site.
Yea more people just got it. If you need 100 people logged in at any time to get the bade and only 14 people have it? something weird is going on?
Sorry for the confusion folks. I recently updated the Flash Mob badge description to help ease the confusion. Basically, it counts the total number of logged in users and guests (people that aren't not logged in). Spiders (search engine crawlers) and bots do not count however.

That would explain why only a couple of users unlocked the badge despite the 50+ or 100+ requirement. Kinda silly, right? All in all, I think it would make more sense if it only counted those who are logged in. That seems to be the consensus here anyway.

Look for this to be updated very soon. I also plan on removing these badges from those that already have them. Just trying to keep things fair and honest around here. Smile
Yeah I agree with removing them from those that have gotten them which incl me Smile
Well I hate to see badges removed, but now that I just learned about the spiders and guests I thought the simultaneous values made sense. I've spot checked several times since and I saw 120s, 140s, and I think late last night I saw 157. That made the 50,100, and 250 people on the badge make sense.

Now we are back to the badges are a complete waste because I have never seen more than 11 members online at once. So why did you bother creating badge no one will ever get. At least counting the other way they were obtainable.
Thanks Eric, I was hoping the honest route would be taken.
Well I hate to see badges removed, but now that I just learned about the spiders and guests I thought the simultaneous values made sense. I've spot checked several times since and I saw 120s, 140s, and I think late last night I saw 157. That made the 50,100, and 250 people on the badge make sense.

Now we are back to the badges are a complete waste because I have never seen more than 11 members online at once. So why did you bother creating badge no one will ever get. At least counting the other way they were obtainable.
Originally Posted by Kaens
Hey, we can be optimistic... Who know's, maybe we'll make a legitimate world record attempt next week... Do you have any plans next weekend so we can schedule, "appropriately?". :_)
Hey, we can be optimistic... Who know's, maybe we'll make a legitimate world record attempt next week... Do you have any plans next weekend so we can schedule, "appropriately?". :_)
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Generally I do like to be optimistic, I think that's a nice thing and something I aspire to be. Unfortunately, I'm too much of a realist and don't see this happening. This weekend, I'll probably be on, I'm always on. Not that the site thinks I am though, many times I'm at my own home page and it shows me as offline (the green box around my name). Yes, as soon as I refresh around some it will update me as online, but I'm pretty confident the first time it thinks I'm not. Probably a race condition where it builds my page before it marks me as logged in again, but whatever, I can't open bug reports all day long.

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account