Happy New Year! / 2016 Gaming Goals

General Chat

Found 30 posts - Go to Last Post

I'd like to point out that I completed that game in 2009 and it took him until 2012 to do so. If you've ever looked at all the stuff I've played, good luck trying to embarrass me. Now doing something horrible like putting GTAV or Destiny on there would suck.
Originally Posted by Kaens
I think all of the Love Tore games would be a good start...
I think all of the Love Tore games would be a good start...
Originally Posted by Fshguy
Yeah, but I'd have to be the one to bring them =P

Btw, I should have bought that fourth one (Chocolate I think) because it's super rare and now insanely priced.
We are a month in, I hope everyone is staying focused with those 2016 goals! I know I am, but that's because I measure regularly and track my progress. Organization people!
We are a month in, I hope everyone is staying focused with those 2016 goals! I know I am, but that's because I measure regularly and track my progress. Organization people!
Doing well in some goals, but I may have to give up on my 100K for the year.
Badges - GamertagNation These are the badges I intend to get this year, hopefully never letting Fshguy have the lead for more than a few hours.
  • Angelic
  • ctOS Breach - achieved Jan 5th
  • DLC Completionist V
  • DLC Junkie VI - achieved Jan 4th
  • Down Wit' DLC IV
  • Expert Solutionist - achieved Feb 23rd
  • Fast as Lightning
  • Helpful Review II - achieved Feb 23rd
  • Kobayashi Maru
  • Overachiever V - achieved Dec 14th
  • Paragonegade
  • Plays Well with Others V - achieved April 14th
  • Popular Leaderboard II
  • Reviewer IV - achieved March 4th
  • Sharing is Caring II - achieved Jan 8th
  • Solutionist IV
  • Three Year Club - achieved September 6th
  • Wish Granted - achieved Jan 2nd

Gamerscore - less worried about this now, so long from any more badges or milestones anyone cares about.
  • 600,000 by Oct 31st - achieved August 15th
  • Top 25 in USA on TA Gamerscore leaderboard

TrueAchievements Leaderboards- I don't care what my TA score is, but I have to stay above Fshguy because he makes goals vs me. Also I fully expect to eventually loose the genre badge battle so I want to improve my badges
  • Top 25 worldwide in Point & Click Adventure- achieved Jan 31st
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Run & Gun- achieved February 3rd
  • Top 1,000 worldwide in Survival Horror
  • Top 10,000 worldwide in Sandbox
  • Top 25 worldwide in Stealth
  • First in VA in Stealth - achieved May 1th
  • Top 5,000 worldwide in First Person Shooter

Miscellaneous -
  • 450 completions

Social - Make it to AF so some people can stop holding it against me and my wife will stop giving me a hard time for shipping stuff to "strangers"
Looking back at 2016, here is how I did..

10 of 17 badge goals - 58%
Hit my gamerscore goal early and passed it by over 25k - 100%
3 of 9 TA leaderboard goals - 33%
Fell 19 short on my 450 completions (57 of 76) - 75%

Overall, I'd say I feel comfortable completing about 66% of my 2016 goals. This is based on a system we use at work where the real target is 70%. Most people will do about 50%, and if you are completing 100% of your goals you aren't setting good enough goals, so I would say I feel short this year. I do feel like I coasted at least half of the year, losing 2 months to Pokemon Go and 3 months to Neverwinter - two things that gave me a ton of joy this year that I didn't anticipate.

So how did you guys do on your 2016 goals? Btw, I'm going to start a 2017 thread.
Here is how I did...

GTN Badges
I hit 2 of the 4 badges I wanted for the year, I could of made a run at the 15K in a week, but I wasn’t motivated enough to attempt it. I also wanted to save it for when I actually would go for the 100K. It just makes sense to wait and give myself a good boost.

DONE - 300 Badge Count on GTN
DONE - 50 GTN Refferals Badge

FAILED - 15,000 GS in Week on GTN
FAILED - 100,000 GS in a Year on GTN

Gamerscore
At the start of the year my gamerscore was 237,792 and adding another 13K to get to 350K didn’t sound out of reach. I can still hit the 250K mark before the end of the year.

DONE - 250,000 GS Score in a Year

FAILED - 300,000 GS Score in a Year
FAILED - 350,000 GS Score in a Year

TrueAchievements
My TA score was 419,843 at the start. I got nowhere near 500K.

FAILED - 500,000 TA Score in a Year on TA
FAILED - 600,000 TA Score in a Year on TA
FAILED - 700,000 TA Score in a Year on TA

Miscellaneous
These miscellaneous goals will be addressed individually. All were effected by the 100K going bust.

FAILED - 2000 Site leaderboard rank on TA
I dropped about 600+ spots from where I was at the beginning of the year. Other gamers where more inclined to game then I was.

FAILED - 15,000 Achievements on TA
Haha, this is so laughable now that I look back on it. I was nowhere near this number, but I was happy to cross the 10K mark.

FAILED - 300 Completed games on TA
Combined games completions I was short of 250 by 19 games. It was another lofty goal that fell flat.

FAILED - 100 Completed Arcade games on TA
With only 59 completed arcade titles this one took the biggest hit as I completed way more retail games then I did arcade titles.

FAILED - 200 Completed Retail Games on TA
29 more games and I would of hit this goal. That was within reach if I had focused on completing one game every two weeks.

FAILED - 10 Completed Xbox One games GTN/TA
I got my Xbox One just before the year started, The amount of games I was going to play was minuscule in comparison to my 360 backlog. However I did start 6 xbox one games this year, spending maybe half of my gaming time on this console.

FAILED - Clear out my To Do List on TA / 100 Items
Only 9 out of 100 achievements cleared from my to do list. I think out of all the goals I set up for my self this year this one kinda hurts. I should have worked harder to get this cleared. It might have helped me complete more games. All the racing achievements were a bit of a downer, I had 16 of them in total in the list. The other 75 I could have made a better effort at clearing so the racing game achievements were not a good excuse.

Social
These goals were a bit off the beaten path with gaming. Most all of them failed, but there were also some success that I had not thought on measuring.

DONE - 500 Leaderboard Members on GTN
FAILED - 1000 Leaderboard Members on GTN
Getting 1000 people to join a leaderboard is an interesting and a hard task to accomplish. Crossing the 500 mark was a huge accomplishment on its own and I am quite happy with achieving that goal. Hitting 1000 was a bigger challenge and I fell short by 315 members. It will happen this year for sure. While i’m at it if your reading this and you haven't joined go here and join for some badges:

http://www.gamertagnation.com/leader...eaderboard-59/

FAILED - 50 Blog followers on TA
FAILED - 100 Twitch Followers
FAILED - 500 YouTube Subscribers
When I created these goals I kind of just threw them out there for the hell of it, not giving it much thought after the fact. I put no effort into growing the numbers to see how the numbers would grow organically. Twitch and creating videos for YouTube was all very new to me. I didn’t have a set schedule for when I broadcast on Twitch. It has been sporadic at best even though I game almost every night. Even without putting a good deal of effort into my Twitch channel I had almost 2000 visitors and 33 followers. If I was a girl with cleavage those numbers would be bigger. I see it as a small success of sorts regardless. YouTube is really where I was surprised. With almost 500 videos chronicling my gaming exploits in Neverwinter and other Xbox One titles I recently crossed 22,000 views on my YouTube channel. I had zero expectations in this regard. I plan on working harder in both of these areas in 2017.
With almost 500 videos chronicling my gaming exploits in Neverwinter
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
Oh really? Any good tutorial type videos? I'm up to 3300 TR now and I could probably use some dungeon tips. At this point I think I've figured most of it out, but man understanding things like refinement would have been so much nicer to have ages ago.
Looking back at 2016, here is how I did..

10 of 17 badge goals - 58%
Hit my gamerscore goal early and passed it by over 25k - 100%
3 of 9 TA leaderboard goals - 33%
Fell 19 short on my 450 completions (57 of 76) - 75%

Overall, I'd say I feel comfortable completing about 66% of my 2016 goals. This is based on a system we use at work where the real target is 70%. Most people will do about 50%, and if you are completing 100% of your goals you aren't setting good enough goals, so I would say I feel short this year. I do feel like I coasted at least half of the year, losing 2 months to Pokemon Go and 3 months to Neverwinter - two things that gave me a ton of joy this year that I didn't anticipate.

So how did you guys do on your 2016 goals? Btw, I'm going to start a 2017 thread.
I am sad you failed your Social goal...
Oh really? Any good tutorial type videos? I'm up to 3300 TR now and I could probably use some dungeon tips. At this point I think I've figured most of it out, but man understanding things like refinement would have been so much nicer to have ages ago.
My vids are more gameplay then tutorials. Yup, Neverwinter is very involved as you know. My Rogue just hit 2850 with this last double refinement. When you think you might have enough material, you always end up needing more. Took my first artifact to Mythic. The only tips I can offer is to use the Dragon Horde Enchantments in the utility slots. They help a good deal. Level up your Leadership professions as they can generate refining material as well. Horde until those double refinement events hit.

I have completed all the dungeons except 2, the Epic Wolf Den. It's hard to kill that end boss and harder to find a group as not many people play it. The other is FBI since I don't have the 3100 item level.

Are you running a Whisperknife or Infiltrator Rogue?
My vids are more gameplay then tutorials. Yup, Neverwinter is very involved as you know. My Rogue just hit 2850 with this last double refinement. When you think you might have enough material, you always end up needing more. Took my first artifact to Mythic. The only tips I can offer is to use the Dragon Horde Enchantments in the utility slots. They help a good deal. Level up your Leadership professions as they can generate refining material as well. Horde until those double refinement events hit.

I have completed all the dungeons except 2, the Epic Wolf Den. It's hard to kill that end boss and harder to find a group as not many people play it. The other is FBI since I don't have the 3100 item level.

Are you running a Whisperknife or Infiltrator Rogue?
Originally Posted by MarvzMitts
I just respec'ed about a week ago to change up my playstyle. I was doing fantastic solo'n, but not really pulling my weight (at least as much as I'd like) in dungeons so researched it and now I mostly play like this guide by Lilia Drakon. The key seems to be ITC (impossible to catch). Actually, this is going to completely derail the thread, I'll go post in the Neverwinter forum instead and we can go back and forth in there!

Already have an account? Login here

Login to your account